Found Deceased TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks... I guess my confusion is that articles say that MS and JS were killed at a Killeen residence. Is that a separate location from his Fort Hood address?

He did not live on post (Fort Hood), so did not have an address there. Someone already stated Killeen is a city of which Fort Hood has its main gate (entrance). He was apparently living in a house in Killeen.
Fort Hood is an Army post. CM was not living on Fort Hood. He was not a soldier. His wife was not stationed at Fort Hood. She is a soldier in the state of Michigan. Just FYI: Fort Hood, right off the bat, stated McDonough was not a soldier stationed at For Hood.
CM's ties to Fort Hood was non-existent. He was an off again/on again drifter to the areas around Fort Hood from the looks of it.

Thanks... I guess my confusion is that articles say that MS and JS were killed at a Killeen residence. Is that a separate location from his Fort Hood address?
I think the confusion is articles have said they were killed in a house in Killeen. I haven't seen whose house that was I thought at first maybe his wife's house but I believe she was in the reserves so she wouldn't be living on base.

If they have said who owned the house where the crime happened I haven't seen it but I have wondered whose house it was.

Why do you think CM has an address at Fort Hood?

The murders reportedly took place at a residence in Killeen, Texas. I don't believe
the address and/or owner of this residence has been released.

Fort Hood is a military base also located in Killeen, TX but I don't know the significance of Fort Hood in this discussion.

I don't believe CM is a soldier.

CM's wife,however, Army Staff Sgt. Ginell McDonough, is reportedly a reserve soldier but she's stationed in Michigan, where she was arrested for harboring CM, and lying to investigators. MOO

To the best of my knowledge, CM was never in the service. It was one of MANY lies he told about himself. Dude apparently has a vivid imagination. But in reality, he’s just another low-life crook.
MOO

I did a background check and there is a Fort Hood address listed for him. It could be an error... who knows.

His wife may have been stationed at Ft Hood when she was active duty and they could have lived on Post. I saw addresses for her at Ft Hood and Killeen. He obviously had ties to the area. He would have only lived on Post with someone active duty living on Post.

I think the confusion is articles have said they were killed in a house in Killeen. I haven't seen whose house that was I thought at first maybe his wife's house but I believe she was in the reserves so she wouldn't be living on base.

If they have said who owned the house where the crime happened I haven't seen it but I have wondered whose house it was.

Would be interesting to know just for the heck of it who owns. the house, but in a military town, there are a plethora of homes owned by soldiers who move and rent out their homes until they return to that area. I remember reading something last month that stated which street the house was located. I remember looking it up on google satellite maps. It is a decent, quiet neighborhood close to Fort Hood and it was close to the gym where he worked.

What I don't understand, nor have been able to piece together: He was living in this house near the gym ... where he "worked", yet, his wife lived in Michigan and ... so did Maya Maxwell live in Michigan??? Aside from when they were hiding out, were they all living together before January? I am so confused ... but then with the myriad of relationships and what all this guy was involved in, it is not surprising ... and that whole court case in 2007 where he was found not guilty of basically shattering a man's face? Because CM said he made racial slurs ... after his history, I am thinking he was lying but they believed him ... and since the other guy's story changed ... CM walked free ... he stated he was "waiting" on his "daughter" at the swimming pool. He has a daughter too???? I feel sorry for all kids involved. Sadly, they will all grow up with a father who looks like is a serial murderer and mother(s) who have serious issues (understatement) ... wonder how these kids will turn out? Praying they don't continue this vicious cycle by the parent(s) ...
My other question: Anyone seen information on CM's family--aside from the cousin in Clearview, OK who stated CMs Dad grew up there? Dad still alive? His mother? I saw CM's brother's FB profile page because he was mentioned here about posting on the Clearview page. His page (IMO) just looks as made up as CM's crazy stories. Any other siblings speaking up/out? I haven't seen anything else regarding his family in OK or otherwise.

Would be interesting to know just for the heck of it who owns. the house, but in a military town, there are a plethora of homes owned by soldiers who move and rent out their homes until they return to that area. I remember reading something last month that stated which street the house was located. I remember looking it up on google satellite maps. It is a decent, quiet neighborhood close to Fort Hood and it was close to the gym where he worked.

What I don't understand, nor have been able to piece together: He was living in this house near the gym ... where he "worked", yet, his wife lived in Michigan and ... so did Maya Maxwell live in Michigan??? Aside from when they were hiding out, were they all living together before January? I am so confused ... but then with the myriad of relationships and what all this guy was involved in, it is not surprising ... and that whole court case in 2007 where he was found not guilty of basically shattering a man's face? Because CM said he made racial slurs ... after his history, I am thinking he was lying but they believed him ... and since the other guy's story changed ... CM walked free ... he stated he was "waiting" on his "daughter" at the swimming pool. He has a daughter too???? I feel sorry for all kids involved. Sadly, they will all grow up with a father who looks like is a serial murderer and mother(s) who have serious issues (understatement) ... wonder how these kids will turn out? Praying they don't continue this vicious cycle by the parent(s) ...
My other question: Anyone seen information on CM's family--aside from the cousin in Clearview, OK who stated CMs Dad grew up there? Dad still alive? His mother? I saw CM's brother's FB profile page because he was mentioned here about posting on the Clearview page. His page (IMO) just looks as made up as CM's crazy stories. Any other siblings speaking up/out? I haven't seen anything else regarding his family in OK or otherwise.

The house is owned by his wife, the one in Michigan. they are technically still married. He has several children, 3 I believe, with another on the way. Maya maxwell is pregnant and I am almost certain they lived together in that house. I don’t really get why he was so obsessed with Jenna if he was married and had a girlfriend that was currently pregnant with his child.

All of it is confusing. I was under the impression that he wasn't living in TX when the murders happened, but I might just be confused about that because of all the craziness in this. That's why I wondered whose house it was. But he might have been living in TX when the murders happened and then fled to MI.

The house is owned by his wife, the one in Michigan. they are technically still married. He has several children, 3 I believe, with another on the way. Maya maxwell is pregnant and I am almost certain they lived together in that house. I don’t really get why he was so obsessed with Jenna if he was married and had a girlfriend that was currently pregnant with his child.

Oh his wife owned the house in TX and she had already gone back to MI? Do you know if he was living in TX still when the murders happened or did he come to TX to commit the murders?

He’s been living in Texas for years. He was found in Michigan because he fled after murdering them.
Ok that clears it up. I knew he lived in TX for a bit but I had just heard about this last week and got caught up on everything but I was thinking he had gone to MI before the murder and came back

All of this is still odd with his wife though. I'm assuming all this time she has known he was with other women but she allowed him to live in her house in TX and then allowed him and his girlfriend to live with her in MI when he fled. Without the murders, there is a lot of dysfunction between him and his wife.

Ok that clears it up. I knew he lived in TX for a bit but I had just heard about this last week and got caught up on everything but I was thinking he had gone to MI before the murder and came back

All of this is still odd with his wife though. I'm assuming all this time she has known he was with other women but she allowed him to live in her house in TX and then allowed him and his girlfriend to live with her in MI when he fled. Without the murders, there is a lot of dysfunction between him and his wife.
CM's relationships are not traditional at best. It follows that he was living in Texas as his work, pregnant girlfriend, and murdered, former girlfriend all were in Texas. He's a beast. MOO

Marks indicted for burglary of Scott home

About dang time. Had CM been arrested last fall and this felony case been dealt with then, there’s a good chance my niece and Michael would still be alive. And yes, I’m bitter.

Could someone post the highlights of the article. I hit my limit and am restricted to what I can see.

About dang time. Had CM been arrested last fall and this felony case been dealt with then, there’s a good chance my niece and Michael would still be alive. And yes, I’m bitter.

Could someone post the highlights of the article. I hit my limit and am restricted to what I can see.
There's not a lot there. Just what's below and then it has two paragraphs about his transport/escape.

From Deb's article:

Cedric Joseph Marks, 44, of Killeen was indicted today for burglary of a habitation with intent to commit another felony. No indictments were made for the two Jan. 3 homicides with which he is charged.

Marks reportedly broke into the Temple home on Aug. 6 of Jenna Scott, 28, and threatened her and her daughter.

He had a warrant for his arrest on the burglary charge, and was captured in Michigan at the home of his wife, Ginell McDonough.

From the article:

Marks was arrested on Jan. 8 in Kent County, Mich., on a Temple warrant in connection with the burglary, which occurred on Aug. 21, 2018, six days after an Aug. 15 hearing on Scott’s request for a permanent protective order against him.

Scott told officers she found Marks in her house after an alarm sounded.

She said she had her phone in her hand, but said Marks took it and “threw it out of reach,” according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

Scott “yelled for her daughter to call 911,” the affidavit says, and the girl did place the call.

“Officers collected information from 911 dispatch, and it confirmed that (the girl’s) phone made a 911 call on August 21 2018 that was dropped,” the affidavit says.

Deb, you have every right to feel this way; completely understandable.

The system failed Jenna in my opinion. I am so sorry and I will keep you in my prayers. Emma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23