Sally Anne Bowman

Blamhappy

Reaction score
I've brought up an old thread to ask something, but it's probably better off in here.

I acted in two episodes of Crimewatch a long time ago. They were the documentary-type episodes, in which it is explained how a case was solved.

One was Sally Anne Bowman. I played one of the friends of Mark Dixie, at whose house he was staying on the night of the crime.

The other involved a murderer staying in the house with the body of an old lady he had murdered. He was caught when a handwriting match occurred. I can't remember much more about it! I played the police officer who discovered the lady dead in the house, if I remember correctly.

Was Sally Anne Bowman ever discussed on this site? I can't find anything and it might have pre-dated this site. And does anyone have any idea what the other case was?

It would be fascinating to read discussion from the time of the episodes' airing.

I'll add this to the UK thread, Blam. Hopefully someone will be able to help! Websleuths definitely predates Sally, but it took a while for it to take off in the UK and really it's only the last few years that it's been as busy with British cases as it is now.

I'll add this to the UK thread, Blam. Hopefully someone will be able to help! Websleuths definitely predates Sally, but it took a while for it to take off in the UK and really it's only the last few years that it's been as busy with British cases as it is now.
Oh, are you posting the whole post there? Thank you! I wasn't sure where to ask.

I am vaguely remembering a case of a mother/son or maybe an aunt/son where the female was dead and the male would go to the bank dressed as a woman, depositing the dead woman's checks.
This went on for quite some time, like
maybe a year before he was caught. And when he was finally caught it was due to signature discrepancy.

That's all I can remember of it.

I don't think the man knew the woman, but that's a possibility.

Do you remember any details of where this case was @ Blamhappy? Difficult to recall I expect - was it the Peak District?

ETA = Do you have a vague idea of the year? ++ Sally Ann was in 2005 IIRC, but did cover a few years after re arrest, commital etc. if that helps.

Last edited:
There is a documentary about mark dixie on youtube.

Also the crimewatch episode somewhere there too.

I remember this case quite well

The other case was on a crimewatch solved....

The killer left a note for the milkman (who almost got the blame)

Killer was local handyman

Just cant remember victims name

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans