CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4) - MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINES - NO DISCUSS

MAR 7, 2019
CHRIS WATTS CASE: The chilling new confession Chris Watts told police about how he killed pregnant wife, daughters
Bella and Celeste, who were in the truck, asked him, “What are you doing to mommy?” the report said. But he doesn’t remember what he told them, according to the report.

Watts told police he put Celeste's blue Yankees blanket over her head and strangled her in the backseat, the report said.

Bella was sitting next to Celeste at the time but Bella did not say anything, Watts told police, according to the report.

Watts told police he took the 3-year-old's body to the oil tank and dropped her inside.

Watts told police he then killed 4-year-old Bella and dropped her body into a separate oil tank before burying his wife's body, the report said.

Watts told investigators he took off Shanann’s wedding ring and left it on the counter, so it would look like she didn’t want to fix their marriage and wanted a divorce, the report said.

MAR 7, 2019
GRAPHIC CONTENT: Transcript and audio of Chris Watts confession released to the public
Watts was moved out of state for his own protection. This is mentioned in the interview as Watts says he enjoys being in a facility outside of Weld County where the other inmates all know who he is, and would shout suggestions about how he should commit suicide in his cell.

Investigators noted Watts has photos of Shanann and their daughters in his cell which he claims to talk to every morning and evening, along with reading a book to his daughters.

[...]

The investigators then listened to Watts talk about his possible reasoning for the murders, his separation from his parents and sister, and that he had not thought out what to do afterward. This conversation included the couple’s financial troubles which Watts said his wife always controlled in their relationship.

You may recall Watts spoke to the media as police were searching for his wife and daughter. He pleaded for their return home. Watts said he only allowed the interview as he believed local media would not stop knocking on his door, adding he does not remember what he told reporters.

According to investigators, he planted items across the home to make it appear as if she had abandoned the marriage and left the house. Watts even told his mistress Shanann had left with the kids, to which she told him to delete anything about her from his phone and not to contact her “until this is done.”

Later, he spun a story about how his wife had killed the children. Watts claims that idea came to him when suggested during an interrogation, so he “just went with it.”

New documents detailing an interview confessed killer Chris Watts gave investigators at the Wisconsin prison in February reveal that he had sex with his wife Shanann Watts on the same morning that he murdered her and later killed their two daughters, Bella and Celeste Watts.

The Denver Post obtained a transcript of the interview between Watts and investigators from multiple agencies, in which he revealed that he had sex with Shanann on the morning of August 13, just after she returned to their Frederick, Colorado, home following a business trip in Arizona. Hours later, he would strangle her to death and drive her body, with his daughters still alive in the car, to an oil property 45 minutes away, where he buried Shanann before smothering the girls to death and stuffing their bodies in oil tanks.

Watts told investigators that he and Shanann had intercourse in their bed at around 2:30 a.m. the morning of the murders. He indicated that Shanann initiated the sex, and reportedly said that he felt at the time that Shanann knew he was having an affair. According to the transcript, Watts said that the intercourse was “more of a ‘test'” and that he felt “strange” having sex with his wife. He indicated that the sex was a “trigger point,” presumably to the violence he would later commit, “like you hit the push button on a bomb and it just blows up.”

MAR 7, 2019
Chris Watts says he keeps pictures of pregnant wife, daughters he killed in prison cell

[...]

"I never knew I could have a relationship with God like I do now," he told investigators. "It's like the amazing grace with all of this, but I just wish nobody had to pay any kind of price for this ... I know there is a purpose for everybody, I just hope I can find mine."

Watts proceeded to detail the murders and recalled on the day of the slayings he and his pregnant wife had sex before falling back asleep. He then woke up, made breakfast and went back upstairs to tell Shannan Watts he no longer loved her. At the time, Watts was having an affair with Nichol Kessinger, who she met at his work.

[...]

Watts said he placed his arms around his pregnant wife and strangled her as he sat on top of her.

"I wish I could've just let go....but I just couldn't let go...like someone was just holding you, keeping you from letting go," he told investigators of the moment.

“I was getting the sheet off the bed, and [Bella] walked in. She had her little pink blanket with her. She was like, ‘What is wrong with Mommy?’” Watts said. “I said, ‘She doesn’t feel good.’ And, that is when I started to carry her downstairs. I attempted to pick her up, but lost grip. I just had to pull.”

MAR 7, 2019
Chris Watts gives gruesome details about how he murdered his wife and 2 daughters in a newly released interview with investigators

[...]

While his guilty plea assumes guilt for all three murders, he had previously said that he only killed Shanann after she smothered their daughters.

He finally assumed responsibility for all three murders in an interview with investigators last month, from the federal prison where he's serving his three consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole. INSIDER obtained transcripts and audio of the interview from the Colorado Bureau of Investigations on Thursday.

In the new interview, Watts gave a distressing blow-by-blow of the morning of the murders, and said he regrets the decision every day.

[...]

Watts said there's a part of him that feels like the idea of killing his wife was "implanted" in his mind and he "had no control over it."

During the trial, when a prosecutor said that it takes two to four minutes to strangle someone, Watts said he wondered, "Why couldn't I just let go?"

[...]

He said he then wrapped Shanann's body face down in a bed sheet and dragged her down the stairs to put in his truck.

[...]

When he came back inside the house, Celeste was waking up in her bedroom, so he took both girls and put them in the back of the truck on the bench seat. He said each brought a blanket, and Celeste brought a stuffed animal.

At that point, he said it felt like someone else had control over him.

He said he put a gas can into the back of the truck because he felt like he could kill himself at the oil site where he worked and planned to dispose of Shanann's body. Ultimately, he told investigators he decided not to go through with that plan because he feared he could hurt more people if something caught fire at the site and exploded.

[...]

MAR 7, 2019
Chris Watts Has Photos of Slain Wife and 2 Daughters in Prison Cell: 'Talks to Them' Every Day
Family murderer Chris Watts speaks every day to photos he keeps in his prison cell of his slain pregnant wife and two daughters, according to his February confession from inside a Wisconsin prison.

Watts, 33, also told investigators from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation he reads a book to his daughters every night, and also reads the Bible.

[...]

Watts, who claims he did not plan the murders, told authorities “every time he sees pictures of Bella and Celeste, he doesn’t understand how it all could have happened,” according to a CBI report obtained by PEOPLE.

[...]

Watts also opened up about what he claims are his newfound religious beliefs, and what his life has been like behind bars.

While incarcerated in Colorado before being transferred to Wisconsin, Watts said he was taunted by the other inmates, who “would yell at him at night and would explain to him all the ways he could kill himself in his cell by drowning himself in the toilet or hanging himself.” He said “he didn’t kill himself because he felt like he may have a different purpose.”

He said he prayed to be transferred to a different facility, and when he was, it “felt like God moved him to [the prison] for a reason.”

Watts told police he “tries to keep a ‘low profile’ in the prison.”

MAR 7, 2019
Chris Watts said he hasn’t watched interviews where he pleads for the safe return of his family

In prison interview, Chris Watts describes his marriage

Investigators ask Chris Watts what purpose their interview should have

MAR 7, 2019
Chris Watts tells FBI about murders in prison interview
[...]

He agreed to meet with officials from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, Federal Bureau of Investigation and Frederick Police Department for a taped interview.

[
...]

Watts had been a quiet child and didn’t date in high school. He met Shannan when he was 25 years old, and hadn’t been in a relationship longer than six months before that, he told investigators.

Watts’s mother was hesitant about their relationship, and that carried over after Watts proposed in 2012, he said.

When they were married, Watts started to break ties with his family, though he wasn’t sure why. During the interview, he wondered out loud if Shanann had “coached” him to do so.

[...]

About a month into their relationship, Watts told Kessinger that he had talked with her about separating. After hearing this, Kessinger offered to help him look for a place to live around Brighton or Fort Lupton.

[...]

While two other people claimed to have had affairs with Watts, he denied knowing them in the interview with investigators.

[...]

Watts took a multi-hour polygraph test at the Frederick Police Department that turned his brain “to mush, to Jell-O,” he said.

“Walking in there that day, just walking into that room — I knew I wasn’t walking out,” he said.

[...]

According to the newly released interview, at one point during the interrogation, somebody asked if Shanann had killed the girls, not Watts. After that was mentioned, Watts “just went with it” because his attorneys were doing so, he said.

But two weeks later, he told his attorneys the truth: He had also killed the girls. He said his attorneys were quiet as they took notes, and said they appreciated his honesty. Watts told them he wanted to plead guilty — a decision that his attorneys confirmed with him about “100 times,” he said.

“I didn’t want my attorneys to lie for me for two to four years,” he said, adding that he didn’t want everyone involved to relive the case every day if he went on trial.

[...]

MAR 7, 2019
Chris Watts Admits To Killing His Daughters, Pregnant Wife In Newly Released Audio | HuffPost

[...]

“I just wished I could’ve let go,” he told investigators. “It was like picturing someone around you, holding your hands, holding you and keeping you from letting go.”

[...]

Chris Watts can be heard crying on the audio recordings as he describes killing his wife and two daughters — in contrast to his court appearances last year, in which he largely appeared emotionless.

“I trusted you to take care of them, not kill them,” Shanann Watts’ father, Frank Rzucek, read in a statement at Chris Watts’ sentencing hearing in November.

“You heartless monster,” Rzucek continued. “You have to live with this vision every day of your life, and I hope you see it every time you close your eyes at night.”

Chris Watts told investigators that he keeps pictures of his wife and children in his prison cell and reads Scripture to them every night.

“I never knew I could have a relationship with God like I do now,” he said. “It’s like the amazing grace with all of this, but I just wish nobody had to pay any kind of price for this.”

MAR 7, 2019
Chris Watts' Chilling Triple-Murder Confession: 'I Didn't Want to Do This, But I Did It'
[...]

Watts told the investigators “he felt like someone else had control over him” the day he killed his family, and that “he wasn’t able to fight back,” according to a report by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, released to the press Thursday.

[...]

“Time seemed to stand still and he saw his life disappearing before his eyes,” reads the report, “but he couldn’t let go” of his wife’s neck as he strangled her.

“Like, the whole — everything that happened that morning, I just don’t — I don’t know, like…like, I try to go back in my head…I’m just like, I didn’t want to do this, but I did it,” he told investigators. “Everything just kinda like…it just felt like it was…I don’t even want to say it felt like I had to, it just felt like there was already something in my mind that was implanted that I was gonna do it and when I woke up that morning it was gonna happen and I had no control over it.”

[...]

“It was like picturing someone around you, holding your hands, holding you and keeping you from letting go,” he told investigators.

“As he drove to the oil site with Shanann, Bella, and Celeste, he was nervous, shaking, and didn’t know what was going to happen,” the report explains. “He knew at that moment that his life was completely changed.”

MAR 7, 2019
Colorado man discloses details about killing wife, daughters
Authorities who visited Watts in February told him that "his life and situation was unique and we wanted to fully understand what happened," according to a written summary of the interview. An audio recording indicates Watts, 33, expressed no hesitation about talking.

[...]

Watts insisted that he did not plan to kill his wife or children.

MAR 7, 2019
Chris Watts Says Pregnant Wife 'May Have Been' Praying as He Strangled Her to Death
“During the ride, the girls were dozing on and off, held each other, and laid in each other’s laps,” the report reads.

Watts told detectives he wasn’t thinking clearly during the drive. “If I was thinking, this wouldn’t have happened, or any partial hint of what I feel for those girls and what I feel for my wife, then none of this would have happened. So I wasn’t thinking.”

He told investigators every time he closes his eyes, he hears Bella's last words: "Daddy no!" He said he imagines every day what he could have been doing with his kids.

"Right now I'd have a 5-year-old…a 3-year-old…and more than likely, a one-month old son…and a beautiful wife…and right now it's just me," Watts said.

MAR 7, 2019
Chris Watts details murder of his family in a jailhouse interview
[...]
Chris Watts will spend the rest of his life behind bars, with no possibility of parole. He told investigators in a five-hour interview that he pleaded guilty to put an end to it all.

Watts gets emotional during part of the interview, saying he never fully planned to kill his family. He said after a conversation with his wife, Shanann, he simply felt a rage and “snapped."

Watts said he strangled Shannan inside their home. He said it took a couple of minutes and he “simply could not let go."

[...]

Watts was emotional during his confession, saying he regrets it all and even has pictures of his family inside his cell.

"I look outside every day and I'm like - what could we be doing right now? You know, right now, I'd have a 5-year-old, a 3-year-old and a more than likely a 1-month-old son,” Watts said. “A beautiful wife and I'm just like, right now, it's just me."

Investigators told Watts they wanted to interview him because he didn’t fit the “mold” and wanted to ask him questions about the case.

Watts was transferred to a prison outside of Colorado last year.

Watts in the interview said he was threatened by inmates in Colorado, who told him to kill himself.

MAR 7, 2019
District attorney: Chris Watts' recent murder confession mostly 'truthful, credible'
Prosecutors and investigators believe Christopher Watts' recent confession as to how and why he killed his wife and daughters in August is largely truthful.

Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke previously invited Watts to one day come forward with a full, truthful confession after he was sentenced Nov. 19.

Rourke told the Coloradoan on Thursday he was surprised to hear how forthcoming Watts was when investigators from the FBI, Colorado Bureau of Investigation and Frederick Police Department unexpectedly came to the Wisconsin prison and asked to speak with him Feb. 18.

[...]

After Watts was sentenced to three consecutive life terms in prison, Rourke said he doubted Watts would ever give an honest account of the killings. But on Thursday, Rourke said he believes Watts' recent confession to investigators is a "truthful, credible account" of the killings.

[...]

“I’m assuming what he is telling is truthful,” Rourke said, adding that the skilled investigators who interviewed Watts also believe he was honest in his most recent confession. “I don’t think that everything that came out of his mouth during those interviews was the truth because I honestly don’t believe that this monster has the ability to have remorse at all.”

Rourke said some pieces of evidence match Watts' most recent confession, including footage from a neighbor's security camera that shows another shadow aside from Watts' by his truck when he was loading Shanann's body into the back seat.

In the video released by the Weld County District Attorney's Office, Watts is seen standing by his work truck when another shadow appears to be moving toward him, and Watts leans down to pick something up, likely one of the girls.

MAR 8, 2018
Chris Watts says he didn't want anyone lying for him after he killed his wife and daughters - CNN
[...]

He said he was not "some criminal mind type."

"I had no idea what was going to happen ... after everything ... I mean I don't even know how I was acting even normal to people that I was around," he told investigators last month.

He felt like he was not in control of his actions and was surprised anybody could understand him when he was speaking.

"Nothing was right," he said. "It was just like a reaction of something that I wasn't even thinking about."

[...]

A few weeks after his arrest, Watts told his attorneys he had killed his family and said he wanted to plead guilty in court.

"I didn't want my attorneys to lie for me for two or four years," he said.

He didn't want people to relive their pain or be obligated to travel back to Colorado several times.

"If we can end this, let's end it," he recalled telling his attorneys.

"f there is any closure they can have it right then instead of 2022 because it will only get worse for everybody."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back