GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I haven’t read all the posts yet but wanted to say a couple of things:

Not buying the lack of premeditation because of those texts the night before.

Wouldn’t there have been evidence of sexual intercourse (DNA) in Shanann’s underwear if that had really happened?

I think he’s what happened to Shanann as he is trying to make it look like a lack of control.

I also am not sure how the girls would have got in the truck alive and not been seen. However this situation would explain the lack of smell for the cadaver dogs.

Lastly, finally, I can accept he is inhuman. The lack of devastation is chilling. A man who truly snapped and didn’t plan it would be breaking down with remorse. This guy just doesn’t feel it. I’m done trying to understand him, he’s simply defective.

She seems downright sociopathic. Listen to her interviews and she's totally in control. But she is a smooth liar. And totally targeted a married family man in an effort to try to prove that she can turn him from his family and get him to leave them because she so special.

That's one sick and dangerous person, IMO.
And did you catch the part that proved imo that she did not think he was close to divorce??? She is a piece of work.

I just finished reading Watts Interview 02.18.19_Redacted(2) | Special Agent | Plea
and my heart hurts. I'm impressed (?) that most of the sleuthing/guessing about the events was close to accurate but never would have imagined the details he shared about the girls. IMHO (don't stone me) he does feel genuine guilt and I'm just not sure how to feel about that. His actions are inexcusable and horrific so how do I hate the man who really regrets what he did and wishes he could turn back time? I guess I'm just thankful I haven't experienced blind rage and that he told the truth? Such mixed emotions.

IMO
I understand how you feel. The way I think about it is that God is his new boss (first it was mom, then Shanann, then NK). He is saying all the right things to please God now but he doesn’t really feel them because he can’t.

I'm never going to totally catch up. For anyone who has listened to all of the interviews: Did CW explain why he stripped the sheets from the girl's beds too? If the girls were killed at the oil site why did he tell NK that their sheets "smelled" and he needed to wash them when he facetimed with her on the bare mattress?

Marking your post, Gardener in case I come across anything that specifically pertains to these as I’m listening to the documents (I’m sure someone else will address your question if they know the answer).

ETA:
Brain fart snipped

He doesn't want to be judged for one moment in his life???!!! Well, he stopped 4 people from ever being judged for anything they would have done later in their lives. Why is he entitled to be judged by anything else? He wasn't 15 in a gang. He was a grown man with a mistress and little children who trusted him. He is both likeable in conversation and vile and revolting. He makes my brain and heart hurt going on 4.5 hours of this now.

Its strange. What you think is magnificent, I say is uncalled for. It makes me sick to my stomach. What is in a person to want to hear him laugh? We already know this guy is sick. He is already locked up. He murdered four people!

I disagree. It's very skillful technique the interviewer is using to cajole CW (make no mistake this is not to hear the subject laugh). Please understand nobody is amused.

By the second session, after lunch, the investigators are having CW confirm or repeat what he told them without the cajoling.

CW is no longer the artful storyteller. When the mood turns as serious as the deadly actions CW committed, the deception in CW's voice is measurable.

The full circle the interviewers completed here is the result of significant training, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to witness their work.

I wondered that too. I think she maybe sensed danger. When he did t get off her when she said he was hurting the baby, she grew scared. Her mind may have told her he couldn't truly hurt her but her instinct maybe warned her so she sort of froze?

I don't think Shannan froze (if it's true she didn't struggle at all). I think she was unable to fight him off at all. She had neck surgery only a year or so before being murdered. IMO it's possible that any compression of her neck may have totally incapacitated her and she may have passed out faster than the average person. And the average person passes out within seconds of being strangled. She never had a chance. MOO.

She seems downright sociopathic. Listen to her interviews and she's totally in control. But she is a smooth liar. And totally targeted a married family man in an effort to try to prove that she can turn him from his family and get him to leave them because she so special.

That's one sick and dangerous person, IMO.
^^^THIS!!!^^^ So succinctly distills her!!

I keep hearing people say he is blaming shanann for what happened. Imo there has to be some kind of anger, hurt, resentment or some reason that leads a person to harm another. Why did he do this? He perceived things a certain way. That does not mean that it was the truth but it was the reason he did what he did. We all are wondering why he did this. Most people are not self aware. They do not see all their faults. If his relationship with Shanann was perfect, or he was perfect there would have been no murders. I am interested to see why he chose to do the things he did. What his reasons are. That does not mean he was justified in those feelings. He obvioulsy was not justified in the choices he made. I could never do the things he did but thats what makes me want to understand so badly how he could. How he could hurt his babies? His wife? Even if he no longer loved her he spent years of his life with her. What was going on in his brain? Thats what i want to understand. I want to hear his excuses. Maybe just to get the relief that i could never be like him.

Humans feel anger, hurt, resentment every day. The majority of us do not kill our families and then pretend we don't know what happened to them. Or lie that we had to do it because we caught them strangling other family members.

If you read about, or are unfortunate enough to encounter Narcissism, these are people who utterly lack conscience, empathy, or any self-awareness. They are empty drums, have never developed a core sense of self, are parasitic, and rely on others and their strengths as fuel to fill them. They are much like bots who simply mirror the social behavior and emotions of normal people so they can look normal at the surface and pursue the fuel they desire. But their desperation from threatened exposure, the removal of their mask, or loss of fuel can lead to heinous moral crimes and brutal crimes under the law. Their 'reasons' are as simple as "You are in my way." Their excuses revolve around making themselves a hapless victim, never move past that perspective, and are never reality-based.

So after he loads his wife’s body in the car, he was still lucid enough to know to grab his lunch box because he knew he needed to eat lunch later. I don’t buy he didn’t know he was going to kill the girls at that point. He knew.

They ask him what he wants to happen with this information. One of the interviewers says Sandy wants to know all of it. CW says he wants to tell his parents, that they've been bombarded with information from everywhere, like the Amanda girl and the Trent guy, and he doesn't want them to think that this is false information.

Tammy asks if CW would like to see those people charged. CW says he doesn't think that will help, they just need to work those things out themselves. This is on them.

CW says he's never had Tinder or What'sApp, just Facebook and Instagram.

CW asks what is going on in Colorado now and Tammy tells him they just had another guy kill his fiancee'. CW brings up Jayme Closs.

Tammy asks to take a picture of CW, says he looks so different now. She also tells him it's not going to go on social media or anything - it's just for their records.

Last edited:
I disagree. It's very skillful technique the interviewer is using to cajole CW (make no mistake this is not to hear the subject laugh). Please understand nobody is amused.

By the second session, after lunch, the investigators are having CW confirm or repeat what he told them without the cajoling.

CW is no longer the artful storyteller. When the mood turns as serious as the deadly actions CW committed, the deception in CW's voice is measurable.

The full circle the interviewers completed here is the result of significant training, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to witness their work.
Exactly. I imagine that days, if not weeks of planning went into this.

They rehearsed everything, and would have had FBI behavioral experts giving them tips, so they could get the most out of him.

They warmed him up, by asking questions about subjects that he would be happy to talk about.

Then they slowly moved forward.

This was very well executed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members