GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
This man had everything he could want and he threw it all away. And for what? An affair with a manipulative, bipolar woman? Who by the way was nowhere near as beautiful or vibrant as Shannan. I’ll never understand..

Oh yeah. Not close to legally insane. But still deranged, you know what I mean? He was a threat to his loved ones, friends and society being free, even if he himself never knew it.

We use the concepts of evil or and crazy to describe these creatures. I see someone whose perception is so distorted. Who is incapable of feeling or understanding what normal people do. It's a horrifying defect and all the more horrifying because he seemed so normal, as many have said. Just a laid back, quiet surfer type guy. Snowboarder speak. Average Joe who loved and cared well for his kids, worked hard. etc. Not one person who knew him talks about sensing something off.

I encounter psychopaths in my cases but I've known a couple apparent psychopaths in my daily life. Both women. One was a nurse who was then working as a waitress at the golf course I worked at. She claimed she came out of state so she couldn't work as a nurse but I think she lost her license for some reason. It became apparent very quickly that she was at least sociopathic. She had no empathy of any kind and seemed confused by people feeling sorrow for others. She sort of grabbed my face one day to see how I did my eyeliner. It made me shudder to be touched by her. Inhuman.

The second one appeared very sweet. Worked at my old law office on a prisoner release program. Claimed to have been lured into doing some sort of fraud by her husband. Yet he was free and on the outside with her kids. In retrospect her excuse (he made the money and one of them needed to be able to care for the kids so she took the fall), was suspicious. She DID have me somewhat fooled. At first. She was so sympathetic. Her eyes would well with tears talking about her kids.

But after a couple months I realized she was doing little things to cause disharmony. She lied about me and others. She cam in my office one day and pleaded with me to realize she was a friend and ask what was wrong. I told her I knew she was a liar and could never trust her. She was arrested for leaving work at lunch when we were out and stealing from Walmart. She had stockpiled a hoard of things she had stolen. Despite having realized she was a liar and ship stirrer, I was shocked by the level of her criminality.

And yet, her nature did not take too long to come out, despite being able to fool people at first.

But CW? In his whole life no one ever came forward and said they noticed one thing. No criminal record. No people coming forward (like with Patrick Frazee) to say he was cruel or deceptive.

It is odd and he's inexplicable to me.
TLDR. What’s odd and inexplicable to me is how so many women defended this monster and either still think he’s innocent or if he is guilty they’d date him anyway. If ever there was an excuse to throw the “women” out with the bath water. This is definitely one.

What’s scary to me, and I’ve said this before, I think CW could fool a lot of people, maybe even me. And that scares me. He certainly fooled those close to him. Like I said, if I would’ve met him at the gym per say and we were making small talk I would never think...he just seems so laid back (my first impression back then and still my impression if I didn’t know better).

He is evil-he just doesn’t have a swaztica on his forehead like Manson.

It is complex. Even the investigators sounded confounded.

He is not typical. There seem to be factions of family annihilators - the types that have long histories of violence and doemstic abuse and the ones who seem totally normal but kill their families out of shame or a loss of control. Both usually also kill themselves.

He is not like either. And unlike most psychopaths who have a history of anti-social behavior, domestic violence criminal histories, drug and alcohol abuse, he has nothing. No hint of anger issues a la Patrick Frazee. No accounts of manipulative behavior.

He doesn't even register as giving people a hinky feeling like many psychopaths do. Nothing. Even AFTER watching his videos knowing he killed his family.

I think it's easy for us to say he's simply just evil. Or diagnose him with being a psychopath or narcissist or something. I keep veering back and forth. But IMO the reason this case is so astounding and the reason so many of us can't shake it and want to know more and talk more, is because he doesn't fit with a lot of patterns. There are shades of gray here.

Oh he definitely doesn't feel emotion exactly like most of us do. He isn't human in the same way the rest of us are. There is a defect. Something lacking: “It’s just weird how emotions process differently for me than everybody else.”

But there's also a lot of normalcy and typical human behavior there (or there was), that doesn't align with evil or any kind of mental health diagnosis we know of.

Just watch this. He is unaware Shanann is watching him. Watch how he interacts with and talks to his baby and how he reacts to news of a new one. I think this is all probably pretty real, which is indeed what makes him so scary:

Last edited:

Oh ok. I don't know where I heard that before, but a long time ago I think I heard that and then always assumed it to be true. I thought it's some kind of ethical breach if the client admitted to the crimes to the attorney and then they make a case that he's innocent anyway. I don't know how people do that job.

His nonsense about why he didn't kill himself too - ridiculous. He was in the middle of nowhere and claims someone else could get hurt that is "around there".

Listen to his voice here. It's weak. Softer. He is doing that fake crying thing. Compare to other parts of his narrative and wen can probably construct pretty well what's truth and what is not.

Oh ok. I don't know where I heard that before, but a long time ago I think I heard that and then always assumed it to be true. I thought it's some kind of ethical breach if the client admitted to the crimes to the attorney and then they make a case that he's innocent anyway. I don't know how people do that job.

They cannot put him on the stand and get him to testify to lies.

He's lying about
1) straddling her for 15 minutes, then killing her while she didn't fight back, she was probably praying. One swipe of the hand with that ring on it along with the fingernails.......... He did it while she slept. IMO
2) lied about whatever he put into or took from the passenger side of the Lexus door
3) I think he's lying about running up the tank stairs with Cece before killing Bella, but I don't know why. his truck was parked way over on the side of the parking lot near where he put SW.
4) lying about not planning to come back out and move SW from her grave
5) He told the story about where the kids were several different ways. One time he said Bella and Cece were walking around as he wrapped Sw, then the other time he said he went into wake Cece up, and then said they were walking around. Once he said Cece probably woke up because she heard SW's body bumping on the stairs. Unfortunately so far the agents haven't asked him how he moved the kids to the car.
6) he's not coming clean about what happened to Bella, the second time he told the story, after lunch, Coder got it out of him that Bella's head was shaking back and forth.
7) and as I mentioned before and others have mentioned, the one about the gas can and possibly planning suicide, obvious lie. But Tammy started that one with the same method she used months ago in suggesting SW did it all.

After listening to the full 2hr58 minute prison interview, the only thing that rings true to me is that CW is still a self-serving liar who can't stop lying and will continue to do so.

His stupid mumblings "like, like", bible quotes and giggles make me sick. He sounds pretty chipper and upbeat, and clearly enjoyed talking about himself, like a typical narcissist.

It breaks my heart that Shanann's mom still says she cares about him and she can't just switch off her feelings even though he murdered her daughter and grandchildren. How different from his own family and their bitterness and hatred for Shanann.

As usual its all about Chris, all of the time, and its everyone else's fault.
He still blames Shanann for "triggering" him. He has no remorse except for himself, and his crocodile tears and sobs when he described how he murdered the girls sounded fake. He was crying for himself.

It was chilling to hear him talk about Shanann with such cold indifference, yet talk warmly and gushingly about "Nikki".

He can rot in hell.

moo

Last edited:
What's with the story about NK and he being in his house on the 4th of July, and then SW calls 10 times and it turns out that he's in bed with NK at her own house, and he leaves the house because SW doesn't even know where he is (how could she tell), then ends with NK being peeved because she is "second bill".
He never goes back to explain about he being in his house on 4 july, at least so far. Coder says he's confused, but CW doesn't clear it up.

He's lying about
1) straddling her for 15 minutes, then killing her while she didn't fight back, she was probably praying. One swipe of the hand with that ring on it along with the fingernails.......... He did it while she slept. IMO
2) lied about whatever he put into or took from the passenger side of the Lexus door
3) I think he's lying about running up the tank stairs with Cece before killing Bella, but I don't know why. his truck was parked way over on the side of the parking lot near where he put SW.
4) lying about not planning to come back out and move SW from her grave
5) He told the story about where the kids were several different ways. One time he said Bella and Cece were walking around as he wrapped Sw, then the other time he said he went into wake Cece up, and then said they were walking around. Once he said Cece probably woke up because she heard SW's body bumping on the stairs. Unfortunately so far the agents haven't asked him how he moved the kids to the car.
6) he's not coming clean about what happened to Bella, the second time he told the story, after lunch, Coder got it out of him that Bella's head was shaking back and forth.
7) and as I mentioned before and others have mentioned, the one about the gas can and possibly planning suicide, obvious lie. But Tammy started that one with the same method she used months ago in suggesting SW did it all.

I agree he definitely took something from the car. Funny how he can remember what he packed for his lunch that day but everything else is hazy.

His timeline at the house is way off which Coder alludes to but never pushes it. I wish he had pushed him on that. There is just no way all of that happened in 3 hours.

Imo he was thinking of blowing up that whole work site so that no one would ever find the bodies. He was never going to kill him self.

I don’t think he’s telling the full details of what happened but I believe this is the closest to the truth we’ll ever get. I still think in some way he planned (consciously or subconsciously) to kill sw but I also think he snapped into it bc of their argument and Bella witnessing it sealed her fate. I do believe his version of his and nk’s relationship more than her version. She had much more motivation to tell a distorted version of their relationship than he does. It’s just all heartbreakingly sad.

Edit for typo

After listening to the full 2hr58 minute prison interview, the only thing that rings true to me is that CW is still a self-serving liar who can't stop lying and will continue to do so.

His stupid mumblings "like, like", bible quotes and giggles make me sick. He sounds pretty chipper and upbeat, and clearly enjoyed talking about himself, like a typical narcissist.

It breaks my heart that Shanann's mom still says she cares about him and she can't just switch off her feelings even though he murdered her daughter and grandchildren. How different from his own family and their bitterness and hatred for Shanann.

As usual its all about Chris, all of the time, and its everyone else's fault.
He still blames Shanann for "triggering" him. He has no remorse except for himself, and his crocodile tears and sobs when he described how he murdered the girls sounded fake. He was crying for himself.

It was chilling to hear him talk about Shanann with such cold indifference, yet talk warmly and gushingly about 'Nikki".

He can rot in hell.

moo
One problem is when Coder says they will come back in the future, maybe a year from now or months (IIRC). By the time they come back they will never get any true story from him.

We obviously can’t see the video of CW when he is recounting the events surrounding the murders to investigators, but I am absolutely confident of one thing:

When he choked up and made crying sounds, he did not shed a single tear.

Atleast he remembered to fake cry this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni