Birth Control Pills recalled by Apotex Corp as they may not prevent pregnancy

anya

Reaction score
Weston, Florida, Apotex Corp . is voluntarily recalling four lots of Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets, USP to the patient /user level. The four recalled lots of Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets, USP may possibly contain defective blisters with incorrect tablet arrangements and/or an empty blister pocket. The affected product is manufactured by Oman Pharmaceutical Products Co. LLC. Oman under the subcontract from Helm AG, Nordkanalstrasse 28, Hamburg, 20097, Germany.

Risk Statement : As a result of this packaging error, where a patient does not take a tablet due to a missing tablet or that a patient takes a placebo instead of an active tablet, loss of efficacy is possible due to variation in the dosage consumed. To date, no case has been reported for pregnancy and adverse event to Apotex.

Patients who have received impacted lots of Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets, USP 3MG/0.03MG. or have questions regarding this recall please contact your pharmacy.

Apotex Corp. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets, USP, 28x3 Blister Pack/Carton Due to Possibility of Missing/Incorrect Tablet Arrangement

Oh wow! Isn’t this the company that the founder and wife, Barry and Honey Sherman, were murdered in December 2018?

The murders were first listed as murder/suicide. The couples’s three adult children hired a private investigator as they could not accept their father would do such a thing.
About six weeks later, the police department changed the classification to murder. It is still unsolved, no leads, and a few mysterious questions.

With this recall, it makes me ponder if something is amiss in the company or with the murders.

Oh wow! Isn’t this the company that the founder and wife, Barry and Honey Sherman, were murdered in December 2018?

The murders were first listed as murder/suicide. The couples’s three adult children hired a private investigator as they could not accept their father would do such a thing.
About six weeks later, the police department changed the classification to murder. It is still unsolved, no leads, and a few mysterious questions.

With this recall, it makes me ponder if something is amiss in the company or with the murders.
Woah! I don’t think I’ve ever heard of this case... Is it on WS by any chance? Also, I think it was also Apotex which had another BC recall last year. Makes one wonder what’s going on within their QA department prior to market...

Woah! I don’t think I’ve ever heard of this case... Is it on WS by any chance? Also, I think it was also Apotex which had another BC recall last year. Makes one wonder what’s going on within their QA department prior to market...

In the generic drugs market, it seems profit is more important than quality. Very competitive apparently.
In this case, it looks like sloppy practices in packaging the pills. They're supposed to be packaged in a way that the hormonal content varies according to the day of the month. Somehow, a mistake was made that caused the pills to be packaged out of sequence.

Many generic drugs are manufactured these days in India and China at very low cost to maximize profit. Unfortunately, their governments don't allow or severely restrict the USDA facility inspections to ensure quality control. They can only randomly inspect and test the drugs as they arrive in the US (or Canada) for sale and use.

Here's a link to a relevant article in Consumer Reports magazine from 2014. It talks about the quality problems FDA has had with Apotex generic drugs and the plants in India where they are manufactured:

Are Generic Drugs Made in India Safe - Consumer Reports

In the generic drugs market, it seems profit is more important than quality. Very competitive apparently.
In this case, it looks like sloppy practices in packaging the pills. They're supposed to be packaged in a way that the hormonal content varies according to the day of the month. Somehow, a mistake was made that caused the pills to be packaged out of sequence.

Many generic drugs are manufactured these days in India and China at very low cost to maximize profit. Unfortunately, their governments don't allow or severely restrict the USDA facility inspections to ensure quality control. They can only randomly inspect and test the drugs as they arrive in the US (or Canada) for sale and use.

Here's a link to a relevant article in Consumer Reports magazine from 2014. It talks about the quality problems FDA has had with Apotex generic drugs and the plants in India where they are manufactured:

Are Generic Drugs Made in India Safe - Consumer Reports
Generics have been around for decades. It's when we started buying them from our enemies the problems started.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back