GUILTY IN - Emma McAfee, 2 mos, (mom Rachel found alive), Indianapolis, 4 Mar 2019 *mother arrested*

Yes, I’m very curious about the timeline, when he contacted the police, where he searched, if the in laws searched .... do we know if Rachel's parents still live in Brown County? I just think what an absolute waste for everyone. Emma lost her life, but the son’s life also is never going to be the same. And of course Rachel’s, the father’s and everyone who loved this family.

Yes, I’m very curious about the timeline, when he contacted the police, where he searched, if the in laws searched .... do we know if Rachel's parents still live in Brown County? I just think what an absolute waste for everyone. Emma lost her life, but the son’s life also is never going to be the same. And of course Rachel’s, the father’s and everyone who loved this family.

Rachel's parents own a golf course and home here in Indy, but were in Florida at the time of the incident. She grew up in Cumberland/Warren area and went to Warren. Her mom was driving back to Indy from Florida after learning of the disappearance and had active FaceBook posts and search pages with people of Indy reporting personal findings as they searched and retraced Rachel's possible driving paths to the MIL's home.

I just can’t believe he waited so long to contact police. It’s an infant child and mom is possibly a danger due to PPD, possibly drinking ... this could even have been a kidnapping situation. I can’t believe the police would not have gone into action sooner. I know at least for me personally posts to look for her specific car/ anyone matching the descriptions of Rachel and Emma did not hit my fb feed until Tuesday.

Rachel's parents own a golf course and home here in Indy, but were in Florida at the time of the incident. She grew up in Cumberland/Warren area and went to Warren. Her mom was driving back to Indy from Florida after learning of the disappearance and had active FaceBook posts and search pages with people of Indy reporting personal findings as they searched and retraced Rachel's possible driving paths to the MIL's home.

Not to invade her privacy at this terrible time, but I hope Rachel's mom will speak out about her daughter's possible PPD and alcoholism.

Oh, and another thing, if Rachel's MIL was going to baby sit, and Rachel's parents were in FL, who was to be part of the intervention?

People searching possible driving paths to the in law's house, and her car was just .1 mile away. There's so much here that doesn't make sense, so many questions and "if onlys".

I work in HR for a public school corporation in Indiana. I guarantee you she was not going to a work scheduled intervention.

I have been in these type of situations and this is how it goes: 1) Provide evidence of drinking, 2) show absence records, 3) provide evidence of how this is negatively affecting students, and 4) offer her the ability to go on a leave to seek treatment OR be terminated.

I assume she pulled over before going to in laws. Maybe one last drink before going to her work meeting. Kept car running with heat on. One last drink turned into many. Emma started fussing, crying so she removed her from her car seat and held her. Continued drinking and passed out. Car ran out of gas and then was no longer heated. She was passed out all day and night and never heard Emma crying to death.

Could be PPD isn’t involved at all. Could just be alcohol. Which would explain husbands lack of affect. Sick of it. But never expected her to drink with baby in car.

Think what would have happened had she just dropped baby off and then had her one last drink.

I really think the use of the word "intervention" is being used irresponsibly by MSM. I think it was way more likely it was a disciplinary type meeting at work as @BrownRice describes. I'm sure she was feeling a ton of shame and fear about the meeting.

This is so very sad :(. I don't think I've ever heard of someone freezing to death inside a car in less than 12 hours.

I really think the use of the word "intervention" is being used irresponsibly by MSM. I think it was way more likely it was a disciplinary type meeting at work as @BrownRice describes. I'm sure she was feeling a ton of shame and fear about the meeting.

This is so very sad :(. I don't think I've ever heard of someone freezing to death inside a car in less than 12 hours.

I thought it was the next day? Had meeting scheduled in morning, hubby last talked to her at 8 (don’t know if that’s accurate) and then reported to police at 730 pm. She was found next morning/afternoon.

Even if it was less hours than that, Emma probably weighed less than 20 lbs? She couldn’t survive a night in Indiana winter in a car.

I thought it was the next day? Had meeting scheduled in morning, hubby last talked to her at 8 (don’t know if that’s accurate) and then reported to police at 730 pm. She was found next morning/afternoon.

Even if it was less hours than that, Emma probably weighed less than 20 lbs? She couldn’t survive a night in Indiana winter in a car.

Oh, I'm sure you're right. Duh. I need more coffee!

The woman told officers when leaving home in the morning, she pulled up to the SUV and Rachel told her that everything was OK. Then she noticed Rachel holding Emma in her arms while wearing a coat. When she returned home that afternoon, the SUV was in the same parking space. This time, she noticed the same woman without a coat and slumped over, but obviously breathing. That’s when she made the 911 call for police to check it out.
Court documents shed new light on Indianapolis baby's death

The woman told officers when leaving home in the morning, she pulled up to the SUV and Rachel told her that everything was OK. Then she noticed Rachel holding Emma in her arms while wearing a coat. When she returned home that afternoon, the SUV was in the same parking space. This time, she noticed the same woman without a coat and slumped over, but obviously breathing. That’s when she made the 911 call for police to check it out.
Court documents shed new light on Indianapolis baby's death
Interesting. It doesn’t say if Emma was alive. Assume she’d have to be deceased by Tuesday morning.

Can’t imagine the horror Rachel felt once she sobered up.

I checked the court docket. Her attorney appeared for her at a status conference today as she is still in the hospital. She has been allowed to self report to community corrections and enroll in an in-patient mental health/alcohol treatment program when she is released from the hospital. The state asked to increase her bond, but the judge denied it. Her initial pre-trial was reset to March 15.

I checked the court docket. Her attorney appeared for her at a status conference today as she is still in the hospital. She has been allowed to self report to community corrections and enroll in an in-patient mental health/alcohol treatment program when she is released from the hospital. The state asked to increase her bond, but the judge denied it. Her initial pre-trial was reset to March 15.

Can you share a link for that info please?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back