The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's necessarily sexist, but IMO, it is kind of disrespectful. Women have been working late into their pregnancies since the beginning of time.

I have amended my post. Please be assured I didn’t mean any disrespect to the Duchess or any woman I am just surprised that the Duchess has been able to do so much travelling and so many Royal engagements. I sincerely apologise.

It should not be too much longer until the Royal baby arrives it is going to be lovely seeing the Duke and Duchess with a little one as they are so good with children.

View attachment 172737

One's first Instagram post! Queen shares a letter sent to her great-great-grandfather Prince Albert by the world's first computer pioneer as she visits the Science Museum

Tangerine dream! The Queen dazzles in bright orange at London's Science Museum | Daily Mail Online
This color is fabulous. The queen definitely dazzles.

Yes, bright colors ensure that the demure queen can be found in a crowd, but also, the queen knows the power of color. The tangerine reflecting off of her outfit and hat is all around her. And what a happy color. It looks great on her. And she looks so happy, too.

The dress Meghan has is way too shorr. Cute on her though. I am adamantly against those spike heels. An orthopedic surgeon’s best friend, spike heels.

Do the English do that kiss on each cheek? I thought that was a French thing.

We talk a lot about what the royal women wear, but we rarely mention the men. Still I couldn’t help but notice what Harry was wearing yesterday. He usually dresses impeccably but yesterday his jacket didn’t fit well and was rumpled. His outfit was completely gray from his tattered coat to the saggy knees of his jeans. And who couldn’t notice the scuffed shoes he wore?

Posing as a common man but not convincingly he was every bit a prince from head to toe. But, “Nice try,” Harry.

Yes, Harry looks very chill in a princely way! He and Meghan seem so much more comfortable in laid back, dress down mode. Body language is fun and relaxed.

Meghan needs to ditch the stilettos. Not good for the feet or posture... looks so dangerous while she’s so pregnant. I mean sensible pumps would work. -If only platforms were currently in vogue as elegant...

WOW big strike out on Meghan's outfit today. Dress too short, too tight, jacket too tight and as usual the hair is a mess.

I usually refrain from making negative comments on what the Royals wear, but I'm going to agree with you on this major fashion faux pas. The short dress revealed a little too much leg when Meghan was seated.

The dress Meghan has is way too shorr. Cute on her though. I am adamantly against those spike heels. An orthopedic surgeon’s best friend, spike heels.

Do the English do that kiss on each cheek? I thought that was a French thing.

Kiss on each cheek is an all of Europe and Scandinavia thing, by my limited experience... And any one I’ve met here from there gets a kiss on each cheek!

Yes, the dress on Meghan is a foot too short. But the black and white contrast pattern is fabulous on her. And she looks glowing.

I can’t imagine what those sky high heels are doing to her feet.

Last edited:
This pregnancy has really aged Meghan. She easily looks 40.

I liked the dress but it was too short and too tight. I like the black and white prints.

Last edited:
From Gardenista's link.

The sitting with her legs crossed pics! Oh my! Just no! What were you thinking, Meghan? I'm no royal and I still would never!

Here's how you wear a short skirt and keep it classy.
kate-middleton-black-shoes-z.jpg

I like the clutch. I wonder if wearing a short dress, crossing her legs and exposing a lot of thigh, she was showing the world that she does not have cellulite.

I think I read that the dress was by a British designer. If it is true, She needs to stay with them. The dress was nice just too short. I liked the dress a lot better than the hideous 90k gown she wore in Morocco.

I like the clutch. I wonder if wearing a short dress, crossing her legs and exposing a lot of thigh, she was showing the world that she does not have cellulite.

I think I read that the dress was by a British designer. If it is true, She needs to stay with them. The dress was nice just too short. I liked the dress a lot better than the hideous 90k gown she wore in Morocco.

Agree, super cute dress. I loved it except it was too short.

I don't think it's necessarily sexist, but IMO, it is kind of disrespectful. Women have been working late into their pregnancies since the beginning of time.

I agree. Meghan isn't the first woman to work through til just before giving birth, then returning after 6 or 8 weeks, putting the baby in day care. She's pretty fortunate now, she doesn't have to work for a living.

Short hemlines are difficult for any woman to pull off at 8 mos pregnant, but it should be for young women only. Love the dress! I had one very similar when I was in high school.

6 or 8 weeks? We get between 9 and 12 months maternity leave in the UK. Not sure that will apply to Royals though!

Yes, you get 8 weeks off if you have a C-section, 6 weeks for regular birth. For many women, its unpaid leave.

You folks are lucky in England. Much more generous maternity leave and you have universal health care that is much more affordable!
JMO, our government has it's priorities mixed up.

NHS waiting times are now the longest they have been for almost a decade, with more than 409,000 people waiting more than 18 weeks for treatment - a rise from 34,000 in 2014.

Soaring numbers flying abroad for medical care as NHS lists lengthen

The new figures from the Office for National Statistics show a 198 per cent per cent rise in trips abroad from the UK for medical reasons between 2014 and 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288