GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
My point is this: witchcraft is only words, occult mumbo-jumbo which in itself causes nothing to happen, much like Michelle Carter's texts - only words. Punishment for either is misconceived.

The incidents took place in the Greater Boston area.

It was her words that tipped the scale for Conrad getting back into the truck. Obviously a Judge thought so to as did the MA. Supreme Court. And numerous others including myself. If you have not read the text in their entirety I suggest you might want to but be warned they are painful. If you have read them you have a right to your opinion as we all do but I feel that there is no comparison between the Salem witch trials or what MC did. Her words did him in and JMO.

It was her words that tipped the scale for Conrad getting back into the truck. Obviously a Judge thought so to as did the MA. Supreme Court. And numerous others including myself. If you have not read the text in their entirety I suggest you might want to but be warned they are painful. If you have read them you have a right to your opinion as we all do but I feel that there is no comparison between the Salem witch trials or what MC did. Her words did him in and JMO.
Conrad Roy was a legal adult who enjoyed free will.

It is sorrowful he made the choice he did.

<modsnipped not appropriate>

Last edited by a moderator:
"After she convinced him to get back into the carbon monoxide filled truck, she did absolutely nothing to help him: she did not call for help or tell him to get out of the truck as she listened to him choke and die," Supreme Judicial Court Justice Scott Kafker wrote in the court's opinion affirming her conviction. BBM
THIS ^ is what it’s all about for me.

Woman Begins Jail Sentence For Texting Suicide Conviction

I really think this is a win for attention and funding for mental illness. We and Gov Baker have an opportunity to set the stage for reforms regarding treatment and insurance coverage pertaining not only to mental illness but also for addiction treatment which is also looked down on by the healthcare industry. For that reason I think that a Federal appeal will defer to the state's decision.
Having said that, people must be held accountable for their actions. Michelle.

Web Extra: Judge Orders Michelle Carter To Start Serving Sentence In Texting Suicide Case
I wish I could love this post. I'd "love" it a thousand times! Mental health treatment is so woefully inadequate it's unreal! If it were more effective, and had decent insurance coverage we probably wouldn't have half the cases we see here.

Recently, my 13 year old daughter best friend was suicidal. But she was too afraid to ask for help herself. She asked my child if she would go to the school psychologist and tell him. It was a very stressful thing for my girl to do, but she did it.

Unfortunately, they immediately locked her friend up in a facility, a week before Christmas, and so it seemed to the girls, that if you get the courage up to ask for help, you go to jail, ( of sorts).

She was released a couple days before Christmas, and she spent Christmas day here, and slept over that night. We so love her, and her Dad was really grateful to my girl for her help, BUT...

This young friend of ours, is NOT receiving competent care. There is huge problem finding competent, effective mental heath services. It's frustrating and sad.

Just recently, our young friend told us, her therapy is "BS" and that she still wants to kill herself, but "It's frowned apon".

I also agree that, in this case, a Federal appeal will defer to the state's decision. But not so much to raise awareness, but because Michelle's actions meet the standards for manslaughter, and there just no way around those facts.

Michelle Carter's probation prevents pricey book deal, paid interviews

I remember Judge Moniz saying she was not to profit from any of it but reading this it seems it is only until her probation ends.
Then it seems she can? Did I read this right?

I have to wonder about this. Did anyone happen to watch the Lifetime Movie, "Conrad and Michelle, If Words Could Kill"?

Just consider the title alone for a minute... IF? ( apparently, the writer/producer questions weather emotional abuse is harmful).

I unfortunately did watch the movie. It was disgraceful imo. ( and boring, truth be told!).

Conrad was depicted as a severely disturbed, suicidal pot head determined to die but didn't have the cajones to follow through. Seems like every scene where he wasn't in his home or school he had was smoking a joint and totally messed up. very little mention of his goals and achievements, such as getting his Captains Licence, ( one small reference, his mom mentioning it in court).

Michelle was depicted as a equally disturbed, ( minus the pot smoking ), young woman who earnestly believed she was "Helping" Conrad over the fears that stood between him and happiness in Heaven. (They even show her trying to hang herself, but doesn't at the last minute).

They never show how every. single. time. he expresses doubt, fear, the desire to live, she wacks him for it. calling him a coward, making him promise, OBLITERATING every single reason he had to live.

They leave a lot out. Only in last five minutes or so, do they depict accurately her extreme sociopathic personality, and even then, you can see that are trying to show that she truly didn't know what she was doing was "wrong". ( why then, did she instruct him to DELETE her messages as he was literally on the way to death?).

Such as when she texts Conrad's phone, after she has been convicted and sentenced, but is still free pending appeal... " Conrad, I love you I miss you my dearest love, my "person". As she is shown lying in a tanning bed closing the cover. This is clearly meant to imply that she did not, even then, realize the seriousness of her actions. but was mentally incompetent. I call BS and I think this movie was made to protest the verdict, or at least question it.

The movie so disturbed me, that I searched for reaction from either his family or hers, and there is none. There is no explanation for how or why this movie was made. ( or who profited). In fact so few people have even seen it, there is just about no mention of it online, anywhere.

Have any of you seen it? What did you think, if so?

Last edited:
I have to wonder about this. Did anyone happen to watch the Lifetime Movie, "Conrad and Michelle, If Words Could Kill"?

Just consider the title alone for a minute... IF? ( apparently, the writer/producer questions weather emotional abuse is harmful).

I unfortunately did watch the movie. It was disgraceful imo. ( and boring, truth be told!).

Conrad was depicted as a severely disturbed, suicidal pot head determined to die but didn't have the cajones to follow through. Seems like every scene where he wasn't in his home or school he had was smoking a joint and totally messed up. very little mention of his goals and achievements, such as getting his Captains Licence, ( one small reference, his mom mentioning it in court).

Michelle was depicted as a equally disturbed, ( minus the pot smoking ), young woman who earnestly believed she was "Helping" Conrad over the fears that stood between him and happiness in Heaven. (They even show her trying to hang herself, but doesn't at the last minute).

They never show how every. single. time. he expresses doubt, fear, the desire to live, she wacks him for it. calling him a coward, making him promise, OBLITERATING every single reason he had to live.

They leave a lot out. Only in last five minutes or so, do they depict accurately her extreme sociopathic personality, and even then, you can see that are trying to show that she truly didn't know what she was doing was "wrong". ( why then, did she instruct him to DELETE her messages as he was literally on the way to death?).

Such as when she texts Conrad's phone, after she has been convicted and sentenced, but is still free pending appeal... " Conrad, I love you I miss you my dearest love, my "person". As she is shown lying in a tanning bed closing the cover. This is clearly meant to imply that she did not, even then, realize the seriousness of her actions. but was mentally incompetent. I call BS and I think this movie was made to protest the verdict, or at least question it.

The movie so disturbed me, that I searched for reaction from either his family or hers, and there is none. There is no explanation for how or why this movie was made. ( or who profited). In fact so few people have even seen it, there is just about no mention of it online, anywhere.

Have any of you seen it? What did you think, if so?

I had no interest in seeing it. I felt it was a plug for the 1st Amendment argument and the ACLU and to influence an appeal.
I will, however wait for the HBO Special "I Love You, Now Die."

Because well, she had already told her friend on the phone that the thought he was dead because she heard an engine running. She had to order him back in the truck because she would look like a liar.

I Love You, Now Die: HBO releases Michelle Carter documentary trailer

I wonder if HBO will be present things more truthfully. All one needs to do is read their texts. I have not yet watched the trailer.

All the texts between Michelle Carter and Conrad Roy the day he died

I wish I could love this post. I'd "love" it a thousand times! Mental health treatment is so woefully inadequate it's unreal! If it were more effective, and had decent insurance coverage we probably wouldn't have half the cases we see here.

Recently, my 13 year old daughter best friend was suicidal. But she was too afraid to ask for help herself. She asked my child if she would go to the school psychologist and tell him. It was a very stressful thing for my girl to do, but she did it.

Unfortunately, they immediately locked her friend up in a facility, a week before Christmas, and so it seemed to the girls, that if you get the courage up to ask for help, you go to jail, ( of sorts).

She was released a couple days before Christmas, and she spent Christmas day here, and slept over that night. We so love her, and her Dad was really grateful to my girl for her help, BUT...

This young friend of ours, is NOT receiving competent care. There is huge problem finding competent, effective mental heath services. It's frustrating and sad.

Just recently, our young friend told us, her therapy is "BS" and that she still wants to kill herself, but "It's frowned apon".

I also agree that, in this case, a Federal appeal will defer to the state's decision. But not so much to raise awareness, but because Michelle's actions meet the standards for manslaughter, and there just no way around those facts.
I agree with the last sentence, not so much to raise awareness, because that will not be the Court's intent. Rather if SJC in MA keeps the win, the Governor may use it to raise awareness as he has done for the opiod epidemic. (even though woefully short in many ways still). But if the Feds overturn the verdict MA will lose a serious precedent setting win both legally and Socially.

SO sorry and saddened for your daughter's friend. Insurance coverage limits have so much to do with it as well. And the Gov has also not done enough for DCF reforms in this state either, IMO. I like the guy - to a point.

RSBM, BBM

[...]
[...]

...]
Just wanted to quote you again to agree - she absolutely DID know what she was doing was wrong. Consider this text to a friend just 2 days after he died; (BBM)

"Message sent 9/15/14 8:24 p.m. to Friend #4:
His death is my fault like honestly I could have stopped him I was on the phone with him and he got out of the car because it was working and he got scared and I told him to get back in *** because I knew he would do it all over again the next day and I couldnt have him live the way he was living anymore I couldnt do it I wouldnt let him. And therapy didnt help him and I wanted him to go to McLean with me when I went but he would go in the other department for his issues but he didnt wanna go because he said nothing they would do or say would help him or change the way he feels. So I like started giving up because nothing I did was helping and but I should of tried harder like I should of did more and its all my fault because I could of stopped him but I didnt all I had to say was I love you dont do this one more time and hed still be here and he told me he would give me signs to know he is watching over me but I havent seen any and I just idk I'm sorry about this rant I just needed to get that off my chest and its finally all sinking in"
SJC: Michelle Carter 'overpowered a vulnerable person's will to live'

She hasn't seen any signs from Heaven that he is watching over her? Look around Michelle, Look around! The bars, the guards, locks, razor wire, THOSE are the signs!!
Anyway...

With regard to instructing him to delete her messages that night,,, just one week after Conrad's death she texted friend SB about exactly that! ;

“I just got off the phone with Conrad’s mom about 20 minutes ago and she told me that detectives had to come and go through his things and stuff. It’s something they have to do with suicides and homicides,”
[...]
“And she said they have to go through his phone and see if anyone encouraged him to do it on texts and stuff. Sam, they read my messages with him I’m done. His family will hate me and I could go to jail,” Carter texted."

Testimony: Carter feared "I'm done, I'll go to jail," if police found her texts messages to boyfriend

She absolutely knew it was a criminal act! She knew while it was happening that she could go to jail!

I see that I'm ranting here - sorry.

I can never read those test again, it took me some time to get through them because I had to keep stopping and taking a break from it. MC absolutely knew, no doubt

Safeguard I was all gun ho on watching that movie and for some reason which I can not remember I didn't. Then I noticed it was on again and when I turned it on was more than half over but the little I saw I knew was BS. Maybe that is why there has not been much on it as I searched too.

And yes mental health care is inadequate tenfold. But MC knew what she was doing which make it totally different for me.

I can never read those test again, it took me some time to get through them because I had to keep stopping and taking a break from it. MC absolutely knew, no doubt

Safeguard I was all gun ho on watching that movie and for some reason which I can not remember I didn't. Then I noticed it was on again and when I turned it on was more than half over but the little I saw I knew was BS. Maybe that is why there has not been much on it as I searched too.

And yes mental health care is inadequate tenfold. But MC knew what she was doing which make it totally different for me.
Yeah those texts. I guess I ranted because I get mad and sad at the same time every time I review it.
Her legal team should just drop it so the world can forget her.

US high court urged to take up texting suicide appeal

Article taken from KWCH, news in Wichita, KS

The felons lawyers told the US Supreme Court on Monday, the felons free speech was violated. The victim wanted to die, tried to commit suicide before and would do it eventually. The lawyers urge the Supreme Court to hear the felons case.

The Massachusetts Supreme Court upheld her conviction. The MDC agreed with the trial trial Judge.

“The court agreed with a judge who found that Carter caused Roy's death when she told him in a phone call to get back in his truck as it was filling with carbon monoxide and didn't call Roy's family or the police.”

“The phone call wasn't recorded, but the judge focused on a text message Carter sent a friend two months later in which she said Roy had gotten out of the truck because he was scared and she told him to get back in.”

The felon was jailed in Feb 2019 and is serving a 15 months sentence.

My point is this: witchcraft is only words, occult mumbo-jumbo which in itself causes nothing to happen, much like Michelle Carter's texts - only words. Punishment for either is misconceived.

The incidents took place in the Greater Boston area.

She's like someone who came across a car accident, told the injured victims to give up all hope and die faster, then set up traffic cones to divert anyone else who might have been heading in that general direction away from the scene of the accident.

Someone who did that would be deserving of punishment, right? Even though they didn't "actually kill anyone."

Last edited:
It gets stranger

Article said, HBO, documentary, I love you, Now you Die, looks at felons trial. 2 parts, airing tonight.

Felon said they dated 2 years. Fact only met 5 times. Exchanged thousands of texts.

Felon and CR both had “clinical depression”, tried suicide and talked of “ending their life.”

Felon told CR to ‘drink bleach, hang yourself, jump over a building, stab yourself.”

Felon texted a person that she could have stopped him, death was her fault.

Part one focus on prosecution showing it was her fault

Part two is about defense and some unknown facts

I am not watching...

Michelle Carter listed ways boyfriend could kill himself before suicide, but only saw him FIVE times | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam