UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too! I was annoying my other half with how much time I spent on here.

In my ideal world he would never be let out (and torturous punishments for the rest of his life), but knowing UK law, he will do around 20 years, come out and be a huge danger to the public, with a new name. Imo I don't believe in rehabilitating monsters.

Me three!!,I have been far too productive in my everyday life since the thread has been closed :D

Re who we can talk about

We can discuss the victim and the murderer.
We can’t sleuth their families.

We can also mention people who are linked to the victim and murderer via MSM articles, but only in the context of the article in which they are mentioned...
Ie; we can’t look further into their background.

websleuths does also allow the facility for private conversations ;)

I think he'll get at least 25 as the punishment part, if he gets out i think he'll be on a life long licence.
That would be a given in England/Wales. That's what a life sentence means.
I know less about Scottish law, but I would be surprised if it differs in that respect.

Alesha MacPhail's killer Aaron Campbell could ‘get NEW identity like Jon Venables’

This is one of the problems in naming him, he will be most probably get a new identity in the long run.

Ugh, I am so disgusted about providing violent offenders new identities. It just smacks of protecting the offender more than the innocent. He might serve his time but that doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't have the right to know if they are dealing with a violent rapist or murderer. I think it's outrageous for the government to assist someone in hiding their criminal background.

I would prefer he’s medically detained indefinitely. Surely there has to be an element of being bat *advertiser censored* mental (sorry don’t know the technical term).

I will be staying off this thread as it just wasn’t a nice atmosphere last time and I don’t think this case can be discussed without it becoming personal. There are loads of interesting threads on here with some amazing stories and interesting developments. This one was turning nasty last time and a long break was necessary. I’m not sure if it will stay good willed again

Calling Alesha MacPhail's killer an evil monster is an evasive cop-out - Stephen Naysmith

Recent article in The Herald about how all to often the term ‘evil’ is used as a ‘cop out’ from asking the harder questions about how the most abhorrent crimes happen.

I read this article the other day and really liked it. I understand why some people may not agree with the principle of it, but it does pose some interesting questions about morality and human nature in general. Pretty good read.

Is it only ok to talk about AC now then? Forgive me for my lack of understanding but if this is a sleuthing site are we not allowed to sleuth? Some of it, of course went too far - I hold my hands up and admit my own part in that.

Personally I found the links with ZH interesting to look into and the possible paedophile ring in Bute.

Quite. The raison d'etre of websleuths seems to be as a platform to vent anger and express disgust of the accused even when still technically innocent. Once found guilty we can all let loose and say the most disgusting thing we can about him.

The msm have reported on ZH so we can discuss. It's simple, there is a convicted peadophile on the island who groomed a girl from a local dance class to perform sex acts for people via webcam. AC has been known to associate with said peadophile so we can safely say the sick was obviously in with her, probably taught her everything she knows and is no doubt hanging around with her so he can discuss his sick, twisted fantasies of raping and murdering little girls. No doubt (being the cunning, clever and arrogant child molester he is), he even used her computer to download child *advertiser censored* so that there would not be any trace of such a thing on his own p.c. The sick, manipulative rapist/murderer.

Of course we should not question why this particular woman seems to still be a popular (some would say central) figure in the local dance class. The lovely people of Bute seem to have no qualms in embracing this woman with open arms yet the fact that AC was known to associate with her is yet more proof of his heinous crime.

Do a bit of research and you will find out about the exact circumstances around AC's association with this woman. He had innocent reason to be around her but what exactly is the dance groups excuse for having her around?

Quite. The raison d'etre of websleuths seems to be as a platform to vent anger and express disgust of the accused even when still technically innocent. Once found guilty we can all let loose and say the most disgusting thing we can about him.

The msm have reported on ZH so we can discuss. It's simple, there is a convicted peadophile on the island who groomed a girl from a local dance class to perform sex acts for people via webcam. AC has been known to associate with said peadophile so we can safely say the sick ******* was obviously in with her, probably taught her everything she knows and is no doubt hanging around with her so he can discuss his sick, twisted fantasies of raping and murdering little girls. No doubt (being the cunning, clever and arrogant child molester he is), he even used her computer to download child *advertiser censored* so that there would not be any trace of such a thing on his own p.c. The sick, manipulative rapist/murderer.

Of course we should not question why this particular woman seems to still be a popular (some would say central) figure in the local dance class. The lovely people of Bute seem to have no qualms in embracing this woman with open arms yet the fact that AC was known to associate with her is yet more proof of his heinous crime.

Do a bit of research and you will find out about the exact circumstances around AC's association with this woman. He had innocent reason to be around her but what exactly is the dance groups excuse for having her around?
Agree totally, as a 'dance mum ' for 17 yrs I know both our dance school owner and the mums would not be happy with a know sex offender mixing with the children , travelling to competitions and the general social aspect being a dance mum brings . When I read into this part of the story and the connections you mention I immediately questioned why ZH seemed freely be allowed to integrate into this islands close knit dance community . Knowing zh history I would be suspicious of her motives but this doesn't seem to apply in this instance

Agree totally, as a 'dance mum ' for 17 yrs I know both our dance school owner and the mums would not be happy with a know sex offender mixing with the children , travelling to competitions and the general social aspect being a dance mum brings . When I read into this part of the story and the connections you mention I immediately questioned why ZH seemed freely be allowed to integrate into this islands close knit dance community . Knowing zh history I would be suspicious of her motives but this doesn't seem to apply in this instance

It's not like people wouldn't know who she is either. She stayed in Bute so it would be known. So why has she been allowed into a child friendly background and played such a large part in this committee?

Eezer Goode - I agree and yes I know the connection. I didn't know she was from a local dance class. That makes it so much worse in regards to her being allowed to be heavily involved in this side of the community afterwards. Not sure he would use her computer to download cp, however discussing sick fantasies with each other seems possible.

Last edited:
It's not like people wouldn't know who she is either. She stayed in Bute so it would be known. So why has she been allowed into a child friendly background and played such a large part in this committee?

Eezer Goode - I agree mainly and yes I know the connection. Very strange and not coincidental at all I don't think. Not sure he would use her computer to download cp, however discussing sick fantasies with each other seems possible and what I think happened.

Sorry i was being a bit sarcastic here, merely coming to the conclusion that is expected of the general public (and the only train of thought accepted here) while indirectly pointing out how unlikely it is that a 16 year old peadophile with extreme fantasies about raping and murdering children does not have even a smidgen of inappropriate material on his p.c.

Sorry i was being a bit sarcastic here, merely coming to the conclusion that is expected of the general public (and the only train of thought accepted here) while indirectly pointing out how unlikely it is that a 16 year old peadophile with extreme fantasies about raping and murdering children does not have even a smidgen of inappropriate material on his p.c.

I thought you may be. I'm not impartial to a bit of sarcasm myself. So what are you saying if you were to be direct with your statement?

Well we don’t know if he did or not, it never came up in court anything about any *advertiser censored* he watched, or maybe the media weren’t allowed to report it to us.

I thought the defence would deffinitley use the fact there was no rape *advertiser censored* or child *advertiser censored* on his computer though. If that was the case

Thomson and venables only got 10 year sentences i agree also re why bute people are willing to accept a known paedophile amongst their kids. I do dog shows and a well known breeder was forced to stop showing after he was convicted of having child images on his pc

Well we don’t know if he did or not, it never came up in court anything about any *advertiser censored* he watched, or maybe the media weren’t allowed to report it to us.

I thought the defence would deffinitley use the fact there was no rape *advertiser censored* or child *advertiser censored* on his computer though. If that was the case

Do you think it is usual in such a case that child *advertiser censored* on a pc would not be mentioned in court or, at the very least, in the papers? The papers especially would be falling over themselves to print such info. I see no reason (or precedent) for not allowing such info in court.

As for the defence, i don't know why they didn't bring it up but i guess the best reasons would be:
1. Not allowed
2. Forgot
3. Didn't think it important
4. They covered it extensively but we (the plebs) are not privvy to all of the court documents and can't base anything on the few tweets from journalists and have to assume that all has been fair and thorough.
5. It was a show trial

It may be none of the above but can't think of any other scenarios as to why we have no info on his internet history. As a loyal websleuther i'm going with 5....i mean 4.

I thought you may be. I'm not impartial to a bit of sarcasm myself. So what are you saying if you were to be direct with your statement?

That ZH is definately a sick individual but, although AC did associate with her, there is no saying that he approved of her actions. He was forced to know her ( to some extent) while other people are willing to have their kids around her when they don't need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn