Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly from memory before the front door was closed off I never saw or noticed it damaged. I’ll get closer photos tomorrow morning when I collect my son. PR it seems is familiar to my son and his flat mates but only as another person on the street. Quiet coming and going. The whole family he said was quiet and not one you would notice particularly. Can I just say here and if it’s not allowed please delete. my sons flat residents would say they believe wife and children not around at the time of PRs arrest. In fact they could say they were not around or visible for a week or so before. They say that from memory rather than stating actual fact though.
Other than that just the letter from police with nothing more to add really...
Again if this is not allowed then please delete with my apologies.

Thanks Scooter. That’s really interesting to note. I know the possibility of his wife and children being with family in Poland had been discussed here - but all purely offered as opinion of course.

That's my fear. Milly Dowler wasn't found for 6 months - just remains. Levi Belfield got to put her parents through hell as defence.

The police need a body with forensic evidence soon. To protect Libby's parents from the further distress of some cruel defence lawyer dragging their daughters life through court if the police charge PR.

And to protect PR if he's innocent from a trial that will ruin his life.
So do you thing PR is innocent?

So do you thing PR is innocent?
Under law rightly considred innocent till proven guilty.

In reality at this point only he knows the answer to that. The people who will have to make a judgement call on that will have all the evidence in front of them if the police charge him.

I don't know.

Last edited:
DOH ! I know that ... so what's the point of having this forum ... we are all speculating and asking questions... is that not the point?

Respectfully, Newthoughts and Jessie were only honestly answering the question you asked. PR IS presumed (thanks Cherwell) innocent. It’s not for us to make judgement. We can discuss evidence, we can offer scenarios, we can share personal opinion ... but in truth, there really is very little evidence available publicly to make a strong judgement call either way. And guilty of what exactly? Kidnap? Abduction? Manslaughter? Murder?

It’s a very ambivalent question and virtually impossible to answer given the little information we are privy to.

ETA ‘presumed’

To be precise, it's "presumed innocent until proved guilty".
Obviously if you're guilty, you're guilty and have been since you committed the crime!
But English law gives people the benefit of the doubt unless/until proved otherwise.

DOH ! I know that ... so what's the point of having this forum ... we are all speculating and asking questions... is that not the point?
At the moment with the limited evidence we have I don't think he's innocent. He was last to see her and she hasn't been seen since.

I also think she'd have been found if a lot of the scenarios suggested were correct (running away from him, him panicking) so at the moment I think there was an element of premeditation.

But every new bit if evidence alters and refines that. And the truly factual answer is don't know

Do you think, with what we have, that he's innocent?

Do you think, with what we have, that he's innocent?

As I have no idea what evidence the police have (the shared evidence is less than minimal), the answer is that I genuinely have no idea. I think we should all be reasonably skeptical. LE may (I hope) be a couple of ticks away from a watertight case. They may still be some way off.

There have been a lot of presumptions made about a lot of things but as it stands, he has not been charged and LS remains missing. I have female friends at the Uni, I have frequented the Welly, played football on Oak Road park, I have lived 10 minutes walk from various of the locations with intelligent girls who occasionally like a drink. It is a horrible situation and the only comfort is that LE have a lot more than they are sharing.

I hope they have the right person for those reasons (and on the balance of probabilities I assume there is some incriminating evidence as yet unshared). But until such a time as it comes to court, I must keep an open mind and however wildly and impossibly, keep hoping that there is a happy ending.

Am I right in thinking the cctv re the four people in Oak Road has never been shown with close up detail as the Haworth one was.
Yep quality is really bad already tried it, zooming in just makes it worse. Cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

I get that its the proof that they are struggling with.
I guess I went off on a tangent but my question was meant to be .. how can in 2019 a body just disappear with no forensic evidence? He is a petty criminal, he isn't a mastermind and I would think that you would have to be incredibly smart and also have the crime be premeditated to leave no forensic evidence. Especially in the dark.
*if he had moved her body from the park using his car then surely there would be dna/blood/scent etc which there doesn't seem to be.
*if she was left in the park then surely they would find something by now. I doubt in them cold, icy conditions that the water wouldn't have taken her far.

How can someone be smarter than forensics and have gotten away with it in 2019 under the circumstances of which it seems to have happened (he took her at 12.09 and drove her to the park, potentially then drove home until work the next morning, hense the small search area).
I never really understood why they searched the big pond for libby anyway if thats what they were looking for, the edges had a coating of ice on that nght and for a few days after and it would seem to me pretty obvious if she was in there as the ice would be broken up in that spot.

Perhaps it was PR but with another woman - an affair. God, he’d be busy though, all that flashing to boot!
Just picking up this part of your quote - he didn't drive off incredibly fast, the footage is speeded up. Really wish they hadn't messed with it so much, but I'm sure someone found a video with it all at normal speed.
someone off here did a gif at normal speed i seem to recall

As I have no idea what evidence the police have (the shared evidence is less than minimal), the answer is that I genuinely have no idea. I think we should all be reasonably skeptical. LE may (I hope) be a couple of ticks away from a watertight case. They may still be some way off.

There have been a lot of presumptions made about a lot of things but as it stands, he has not been charged and LS remains missing. I have female friends at the Uni, I have frequented the Welly, played football on Oak Road park, I have lived 10 minutes walk from various of the locations with intelligent girls who occasionally like a drink. It is a horrible situation and the only comfort is that LE have a lot more than they are sharing.

I hope they have the right person for those reasons (and on the balance of probabilities I assume there is some incriminating evidence as yet unshared). But until such a time as it comes to court, I must keep an open mind and however wildly and impossibly, keep hoping that there is a happy ending.
I have a child at the uni. Lives close to Haworth road. Lived very close to Raglan Road. Likes to go out to the students nights, occasionally drinks has a part time job and has been known to stay late in the library. Cannot always be with another person.

So I will freely admit that, in addition to the balance of probabilities, I have a serious vested interest in hoping LE has the right man. For those reasons.

Nearest CCTV to the park, other than Croda on Oak Road, which isn't that close, is likely residential or the primary school on Beresford Avenue.

That said, some of the huts around the entrance to the park could have CCTV. If so, that's footage we absolutely won't see.
School on beresford has no external cctv i had a look, but house at park entrance might have idk

The bench forensics happened out of the blue late one evening whilst PR was being held for questioning. There had already been some police activity at the park but it was noted that it was late and unusual and seemed very specific to that bench. They can’t have been there for more than half an hour before packing up. Hull Live reported on it live if I remember rightly.
I get confused here. Can I clarify that there are benches in the park (that LE have examined forensically) as well as the bench near where Libby was last seen.

I also have it in my mind that there was some forensic activity near the bench where she was last seen. I have it in my head that LE officers in forensic suits were measuring and photographing something near that bench. I can't find where I saw it but I'm sure it was that bench not the one in the park.

I get confused here. Can I clarify that there are benches in the park (that LE have examined forensically) as well as the bench near where Libby was last seen.

I also have it in my mind that there was some forensic activity near the bench where she was last seen. I have it in my head that LE officers in forensic suits were measuring and photographing something near that bench. I can't find where I saw it but I'm sure it was that bench not the one in the park.

The bench that forensics were looking at in the pitch black on a Saturday night was 100% in Oak Road playing fields. I'll go back to try and find the photos! They weren't there that long from what I can recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member