Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of passing observations from my end of the sofa.....

1 - i still maintain that the pictures of Leah which have been used by MSM look absolutely nothing like the image of Leah shown on cctv...so unless someone actually knows Leah, they would have zero chance of identifying her from those press photos.

2 - The fact that Leah went missing on 14th/15th feb (depending upon sightings)
This was valentines night....boyfriend perhaps?

Following on from which

3 - The mention in early press releases from family of the fact that Leah was due to go on a "family holiday"

The equation may look like this

Secret/disapproved of boyfriend
+
Valentines day
+
Looming family holiday

= young couple do a runner together??

I just get a strange feeling from the way that this case is being policed.
A slow drip,drip of info being trickled out.....does not show the same level of urgency or desperation evident in some apparently similar cases.

As always though.....i could very easily be very wrong!

1 - i still maintain that the pictures of Leah which have been used by MSM look absolutely nothing like the image of Leah shown on cctv...so unless someone actually knows Leah, they would have zero chance of identifying her from those press photos.

Following on from which

3 - The mention in early press releases from family of the fact that Leah was due to go on a "family holiday"

+
Valentines day
+
Looming family holiday

A slow drip,drip of info being trickled out.....does not show the same level of urgency or desperation evident in some apparently similar cases.

Unless the young man she had run away with in your theory had won the Euro Millions how would they get by for money? she has not accessed her one and only bank account in the period she has been missing

Right. I've had a nice walk and thought I'd jot down my impressions before I head out for the evening:

I parked at the lake and walked to Buzzacot and back, then up to the footpath behind Farraday. As the locals have mentioned, it's all very open. For most of the walk you're very close to houses and I'd have thought that a scream or sounds of a struggle would've been noted.

The only place I felt isolated was the short bit of bridleway between the Buzzacot CCTV house and Dulverton - it's sheltered and quiet, with the school on one side and the church on the other. However, I was walking at midday on a Saturday - on a Friday morning I could also see the path from the little bridge all the way to the underpass into Shenley Lodge being deserted.

I kept an eye out for CCTV cameras, though I realise the police will have the lot anyway, by now. There are actually two on the footpath behind Farraday, on adjacent buildings so I doubt the footage would be any different. There is one on Bilbrook, just before the road turns away from the lake that could catch the top of someones head if you're luck (probably not someone who's 5'2"). Frustratingly, there's one on the last big house before the little bridge that would get the path if they had it pointed at their garden/back fence, but it's pointing down at their patio (which is the sensible way to point it for home security, tbf). Interestingly, there is a hefty one on the side of Lakeside House, pointing down the drive to the lake. I would have though it could pick up people on the path, assuming it was on and working so I wonder if there's CCTV that's not been released.

It was a lovely day for a walk, and there were quite a few families out around the lake, enjoying the sunshine. The many missing posters are the only reminders of the ongoing worry.

I'm new to the group/discussion
Couple of thoughts as I used to live in that area and walked my children to school everyday.

You would think the school would have cctv.. and that its been checked.
Plus bus stops right near the path where Leah would of come out of Buzzacott lane.. so that time in the morning people stood waiting for them.
Also very busy area by the shops & school especially at that time on a Friday morning

Unless the young man she had run away with in your theory had won the Euro Millions how would they get by for money? she has not accessed her one and only bank account in the period she has been missing

I do not understand this

Her "boyfriend" could easily be a bloke in his 20s or even his 30s....3 weeks is not a long time to financially maintain oneself for.
I certainly do not think that it would require a lottery win at all.

Of course the only accounts that anyone are looking at will be in Leahs name....pointless if she has a boyfriend who is perhaps unknown to her parents?

Its surely a possibility?

I do not understand this

Her "boyfriend" could easily be a bloke in his 20s or even his 30s....3 weeks is not a long time to financially maintain oneself for.
I certainly do not think that it would require a lottery win at all.

Of course the only accounts that anyone are looking at will be in Leahs name....pointless if she has a boyfriend who is perhaps unknown to her parents?

Its surely a possibility?

It would fit with the general reaction of police and family imo.

Good to see you back, Tiger.

Following on from which

+
Valentines day
+
Looming family holiday

Just to add, it could equally be a young lady she's run off with.

It would fit with the general reaction of police and family imo.

Good to see you back, Tiger.

Disagree

Police would not be asking for clothing to be found/handed in etc if they thought it was just a case of running away, nor would they spend thousands of man hours searching for her when police forces are victims of government cuts if they did not think there was something sinister about her disappearance.

It's entirely possible Leah had a secret partner or one her family disapproved of and that she left with or intended to hide out with him/her. That's not so say he/she had good intentions towards Leah though, he/she might have coaxed her into disappearing, forced her to disappear or did something to her. Just my own thoughts.

Disagree

Police would not be asking for clothing to be found/handed in etc if they thought it was just a case of running away, nor would they spend thousands of man hours searching for her when police forces are victims of government cuts if they did not think there was something sinister about her disappearance.

It's a fair point, but going off with someone and something sinister happening are not mutually exclusive.

I know nothing at all other than the small amount that has been released to the media.

However i personally think that there are people from milton keynes who could tell law enforcement far more than they possibly have done.

Often in these cases we will have references to "occams razor"
So in this case ..do we actually have a "most probable" scenario?

I would contend that Leah having done something under her own steam to be far more likely than for a random individual to have vanished her.

The odds of someone known to her having done something nefarious to her is probably second most likely

In the absence of anything more then we can only hope that this one turns out to be a good ending for Leah and her loved ones

Could be just me but....

Until 1 hour ago, i could access the friends list on Leahs f/b page.....
Now that is showing as private

Does this mean that someone has access to that f/b account?

Could be just me but....

Until 1 hour ago, i could access the friends list on Leahs f/b page.....
Now that is showing as private

Does this mean that someone has access to that f/b account?
I can access her friends list right now.
ETA Someone connected to her has made a strange post.
ETA I think her friends list has dropped by 2 people.

Last edited:
I was thinking it was a disappearance under her own steam - quite possibly helped by an older person who can afford to susidise her.

I wondered if the particular attention to family holiday was because there had maybe be a row at home on 14th and her parents were very keen to emphasise how they wanted her home and looking forward to their family time together.

Maybe she just needed some time away. Doesn’t explain how she’s just completely disappeared off the grid without phone access or any contact. Hopefully the older “boyfriend” hasn’t turned out to been every parents’ nightmare.

I was thinking it was a disappearance under her own steam - quite possibly helped by an older person who can afford to susidise her.

I wondered if the particular attention to family holiday was because there had maybe be a row at home on 14th and her parents were very keen to emphasise how they wanted her home and looking forward to their family time together.

Maybe she just needed some time away. Doesn’t explain how she’s just completely disappeared off the grid without phone access or any contact. Hopefully the older “boyfriend” hasn’t turned out to been every parents’ nightmare.

I don’t think age gaps are important these days or would be a reason to run away, big age gaps are almost the norm, look at Paul Hollywood, Boris Johnson, Jeremy Clarkson, Mick Jagger, Nigel Farage and others, they are dating people half their age and no one bats an eyelid, 2 work colleagues have relationships with a 25 year plus age gap, its not shock horror any more

Plus she has lost her job now, no chance they would take her back, would she give up everything for a fling? No imho

I’m
I don’t think age gaps are important these days or would be a reason to run away, big age gaps are almost the norm, look at Paul Hollywood, Boris Johnson, Jeremy Clarkson, Mick Jagger, Nigel Farage and others, they are dating people half their age and no one bats an eyelid, 2 work colleagues have relationships with a 25 year plus age gap, its not shock horror any more

Plus she has lost her job now, no chance they would take her back, would she give up everything for a fling? No imho
Im not saying there’sanything wrong with age gaps. There’s plenty wrong with a person so online pretending to be 19 and really being a lot older ...especially as she is a young looking 19 year old. Hopefully she hasn’t met someone online who isn’t all he seems. I guess police will be checking that out from her phone and computer records.

I’m

Im not saying there’sanything wrong with age gaps. There’s plenty wrong with a person so online pretending to be 19 and really being a lot older ...especially as she is a young looking 19 year old. Hopefully she hasn’t met someone online who isn’t all he seems. I guess police will be checking that out from her phone and computer records.

See what you mean now I thought you meant she had just run off with some older guy (30’s or 40s or something) and they shacked up somewhere together and he acting as her sugar daddy so she doesn’t need access to money, I just felt that that was unlikely in this day and age as age gaps not a scandal any more in society so no need to run off with someone

See what you mean now I thought you meant she had just run off with some older guy (30’s or 40s or something) and they shacked up somewhere together and he acting as her sugar daddy so she doesn’t need access to money, I just felt that that was unlikely in this day and age as age gaps not a scandal any more in society so no need to run off with someone
Yeah I guessed that’s what you thought I meant. Hopefully she is alive somewhere.

I thought they mentioned the holiday to show she had things to look forward to. I just get the feeling the family are trying to make things seem a lot more calm and happy than they are.

I noticed the other day that her brother wasn't her fb friend anymore is that a recent thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong