GUILTY UK - Laureline Garcia-Bertaux, 34, found dead in shallow grave, Kew, 7 March 2019

But why would a workman want to hide the body? I would have thought that would point to someone with a more personal relationship with her?
I second that.

A tradesman is also more likely to be driving a vehicle and hence, the opportunity of removing the victim from the location for disposal. Unless the hole in the back garden had been conveniently dug earlier for some other purpose.

What a sad case :(

Might she have locked the dogs in another room when the potential tinder date arrived?

I'm sad for her dogs who surely loved her as much as she loved them.
If Hailey and Blake were locked away in another room, chances are it’s not Monsieur Charismatic Vet in the House.

Being absolutely doggy-crackers myself, if I’m back on the dating scene again, I swear I want my date to absolutely ‘get’ my two girls. Can’t imagine, like scoring a dream date with a vet, and locking my dogs away. Mind you, one is very hyper and excitable and the other is skittish/hostile.

Any confirmation that says Hailey and Blake were really found in the property ??? Maybe they were away at the groomers? Or staying over at a friend’s since L had to move out on Monday ?

But why would a workman want to hide the body? I would have thought that would point to someone with a more personal relationship with her?

I was thinking why would Laureline want to stand in the garden on a Sunday morning having an animated conversation with someone she may be in a personal relationship with.
More usual to take a friend indoors to talk? It could be to avoid the dogs of course, I've no idea.
A gardener/tradesman just seemed more likely to me. A person who may have entered through the back garden gate instead of being invited in via front door? IDK, just hope he is traced soon.

What about the homeowner? Perhaps she did not intend to leave and there was a conflict?
I also wonder what kind of negative changes were happening in her life and what the situation was with her ex. There are things about her online presence (or absence of) that indicate she was struggling and hiding it from a lot of people IMO. I'm hesitant to believe she was killed by a random stranger - I hope they catch him soon.

I was thinking why would Laureline want to stand in the garden on a Sunday morning having an animated conversation with someone she may be in a personal relationship with.
More usual to take a friend indoors to talk? It could be to avoid the dogs of course, I've no idea.
A gardener/tradesman just seemed more likely to me. A person who may have entered through the back garden gate instead of being invited in via front door? IDK, just hope he is traced soon.
Maybe L was on her way out to (mentioned) shopping trip in Oxford Street when an uninvited ‘friend’ or acquaintance dropped in.

She may have been annoyed at a possible diversion of her Sunday plans.

But then, I won’t put too much emphasis on the “animated” description of her conversation. Based on reported description of her personality by her friends in the media. I think one of the adjectives used was “dramatic”.

Maybe L was on her way out to (mentioned) shopping trip in Oxford Street when an uninvited ‘friend’ or acquaintance dropped in.

She may have been annoyed at a possible diversion of her Sunday plans.

But then, I won’t put too much emphasis on the “animated” description of her conversation. Based on reported description of her personality by her friends in the media. I think one of the adjectives used was “dramatic”.

Very true but didn't the neighbour who witnessed this say L was standing with her arms crossed?
That is not dramatic that is a protecting or distancing stance.? I see that as "blocking".

Very true but didn't the neighbour who witnessed this say L was standing with her arms crossed?
That is not dramatic that is a protecting or distancing stance.? I see that as "blocking".
Or ..... Playing the Devil’s Advocate here ..... Depends on what the weather was like on that morning and what she was wearing.

If she wasn’t prepared to expect a visitor or just lounging around at home, she might be in something a bit flimsy and it’s a natural reaction to protecting or covering herself against elements in the outdoors.

Just trying to explore the other side of the coin.

I think your rational makes more sense !!

Something is bugging me. @Tortoise linked an article which stated that she was messaging friends on Sunday night (the post is on page 4 of this thread) yet the neighbour saw her with a man in the garden on Sunday morning. Does this mean that the "morning man" may not have murdered her that morning, potentially returned later that night? Or (a very sinister thought) did the person who murdered her take her phone and proceed to message her friends that night to make it appear that she was alive and well?

Has anyone found out yet whether LE found her phone?? I feel it's critical information.

It could be because one or both were smoking? I'm not a smoker but know a lot of smokers who also no longer smoke indoors and instead opt to go into their garden.

Surely this Tinder date can be tracked down easily enough thru her devices? To be ruled out or otherwise? Wonder what the delay is there or if just not reported.
This is the reason I'm wondering if LE have mentioned whether or not they found her phone at the property. If the murderer took it then they'll struggle to find any info regarding the Tinder date or whom she had been speaking with via her phone recently.

Checking on google streetmap it looks like the property is situated very near to the busy Lower Richmond Road. Also the fire station is very close by so hopefully there will be plenty of CCTV around.

Something is nagging me saying that the end of her lease on the flat may be the key. I wonder was she the only name on the lease, was anyone else storing possessions there, what was her relationship with the landlord/letting agent like, was it only one neighbour who had issues with noise or was the neighbour who spoke to the press the only one who didn't.

These are all things the police will know though and still no arrests so I'm likely off.

Seems very odd L was found in her own garden in shallow grave. I wonder if it was a communal garden, or solely for her own use.
Would not the person who was digging the grave bring attention to themselves from flats/neighbours above? I guess at this time of year it's dark quite early so curtains would be drawn etc.
Just seems very audacious....or maverick.

Something is nagging me saying that the end of her lease on the flat may be the key. I wonder was she the only name on the lease, was anyone else storing possessions there, what was her relationship with the landlord/letting agent like, was it only one neighbour who had issues with noise or was the neighbour who spoke to the press the only one who didn't.

These are all things the police will know though and still no arrests so I'm likely off.

Ex-boyfriend (was split amicable? Did they still see each other? On friendly terms still or not?), the Tinder date, landlord, agent, the new incoming tenant (if there was one who had already viewed property and was moving in directly after she left), neighbours - all should be spoken to.

Why was she leaving there anyway? It sounds like last year hadn't been particularly good from what she had said on SM. Was it just the relationship breakup or more that was affecting her?

Hi,
I am new. I have been following this case as i am also French. Many things don't match at all in my opinion and i am wondering if the mysterious vet exist at all. The fact that she was strangled and then burried in her garden indicate rather than she knew her murderer. At least he wasn't scare of the dogs, knew she was due to move next day and where to get her shovel to dig. Moreover i don't think she would have invited a new date in a house full of boxes and one neighbour said she has been moving furniture in the last 3 weeks. If i am not mistaken only her ex colleague talked about the vet ? And is it common to invite someone for a coffee in the evening ? I would rather go to the restaurant. Just thinking...

Hi,
I am new. I have been following this case as i am also French. Many things don't match at all in my opinion and i am wondering if the mysterious vet exist at all. The fact that she was strangled and then burried in her garden indicate rather than she knew her murderer. At least he wasn't scare of the dogs, knew she was due to move next day and where to get her shovel to dig. Moreover i don't think she would have invited a new date in a house full of boxes and one neighbour said she has been moving furniture in the last 3 weeks. If i am not mistaken only her ex colleague talked about the vet ? And is it common to invite someone for a coffee in the evening ? I would rather go to the restaurant. Just thinking...

Welcome

I would be surprised if this was a stranger murder ... i feel it's someone she already knew in some way.

I also assume they arrived on foot (or maybe by bicycle?). Simply because they left Laureline on the property but made a vague attempt to hide her. That's odd and indicates to me they had no option to move her elsewhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back