Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #44

I don't post on this case much any longer because Jayme is a private citizen and she didn't ask for ANY attention, either positive or sensational. She deserves enormous respect and all our hopes and prayers, though.

I want to say this because it's what's in my heart for her. My hopes for her, as I would have for my own daughter, if I'd been blessed to have my daughter living.

Regarding Elizabeth Smart taking the time, the effort, and the emotional effort to come to Barron to talk to the concerned residents there. This is the work of an angel on earth. She endured so much, and she has so much to say to the public which is good, positive, uplifting and healing.

She is in a unique position to offer comfort and deep relief to Barron. I am praying for her and for the people she will meet and talk to, that they will be comforted and receive blessings from her countenance, which is almost glowing with love and a deep faith in God, and from her extremely eloquent, yet down to earth soft way of speaking of the truth in having hope, and offering hope and comfort to each other and to Jayme in unique ways.

I've heard Elizabeth speak as well as reading her book, and she does move people very deeply because she speaks with great intelligence and great understanding of how to help others. She truly gives of herself to other survivors, and she's helped me, personally, to find peace in the darkness of the night when the horrible fear and panic I experienced comes calling once again. Mostly, she reminds me to stay close to God and to pray, because with her deep faith that she freely shares, I know I'm never truly alone, and that the abductor was banished years ago.

I hope very much that Jayme and Elizabeth Smart will be able to relax with one another and be honest and talk about the things they've been through as female to female.

The facts that they were almost the same ages when they were abducted and that both had long periods of captivity before they escaped puts them in a very good bonding situation.

Elizabeth is very soft spoken and sweet, much like I imagine Jayme is. This is an incredibly positive chance for two survivors to bond and help one another, because the healing from a violent abduction and long periods of assault NEVER ends. Every survivor heals over and over for the rest of her life. It's like how we shed skin.. It's a renewed process, but from a different point of progress. Every time Elizabeth, I, or any other survivor helps another survivor, we also help ourselves heal more. It's a unique win- win situation. :)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am praying for the two to have a very good rapport and for Elizabeth to encourage Jayme in many ways, one of which is especially important to Elizabeth, the spiritual guidance and healing from a church, its members and leaders. This is an especially important need now that Jayme is without her parents, especially her mother.

I hope Jayme will come away from her time with Elizabeth with the absolute knowledge of a young teen that she is still as pure as the day she was formed, and that she can go to church, be with her peers there and their mothers who care for her personally, can bond more closely to her special aunts, can talk with God every minute of every day and night through the power of prayer, and know that He's always with her in every step she takes.

I hope she will know what I came to know without a doubt after almost dying in a violent abduction: When she cannot walk through the pain at some points, Jesus will carry His child for a while.

I’m so sorry you have experienced such trauma and pain. Unfortunately, I understand all too well, in my own nightmare experience. You are correct: it never ever ends. It never goes away. And it can be absolutely unbearable at times. You are also very correct that when we share with and help other victims, it DOES help in our healing. It took me a long time to be brave enough to do that. The “anniversary” of my brutal assault is St Patrick’s Day. I hate this holiday for that reason, and I hate that I hate it. It’s been 23 years now and the ptsd is excrutiating at times. I’ve been thinking so much of Jayme with handling my own aftermath. I draw strength from her bravery. I hope she knows it’s ok to fall apart and NOT be brave all the time. That she doesn’t have to be a hero. I want so much for her to have anonymity and privacy again. I can’t imagine her trauma. Mine alone is such a heavy cross to bear...I just can’t imagine. She does inspire me to keep having faith and fighting. Many prayers to all of us.

I’m so sorry you have experienced such trauma and pain. Unfortunately, I understand all too well, in my own nightmare experience. You are correct: it never ever ends. It never goes away. And it can be absolutely unbearable at times. You are also very correct that when we share with and help other victims, it DOES help in our healing. It took me a long time to be brave enough to do that. The “anniversary” of my brutal assault is St Patrick’s Day. I hate this holiday for that reason, and I hate that I hate it. It’s been 23 years now and the ptsd is excrutiating at times. I’ve been thinking so much of Jayme with handling my own aftermath. I draw strength from her bravery. I hope she knows it’s ok to fall apart and NOT be brave all the time. That she doesn’t have to be a hero. I want so much for her to have anonymity and privacy again. I can’t imagine her trauma. Mine alone is such a heavy cross to bear...I just can’t imagine. She does inspire me to keep having faith and fighting. Many prayers to all of us.

I hope just one O/T sentence is allowed- Star Eyes, I sent you a message. :)

I hope Jayme will have a good week, with peace in her days and rest in her nights. I, too, pray for all of us affected by any form of violence, and hope that every survivor in the world will find comfort and peace that is healing and from good trustworthy sources.
WS is a community, but we are also a cross-section of all people we walk through this world with.
Every wish I have for my fellow posters and for Jayme and other survivors of violence on the cases here, I wish the same for those we will likely never know about, never read about, but whose pain and also recovery are taking place somewhere out there just the same as our journeys.

Hugs to every person reading who's hurting. I hope every today and tomorrow is better than every yesterday.

Seeking Jana, I will pray for you every time I pray for Jayme. God bless you.

Thank you so much, and may your days be filled with many blessings for your giving spirit and loving heart.
I truly believe one of the main reasons we are in this world is to lift up and care about all with needs, with loneliness and hurting minds, bodies and souls.

I hope the love we all share for Jayme and our hopes for her ongoing steps of recovery will touch and inspire others who read here and maybe never post... and that if we can't do tangible things to help this little girl, so far away from many or most of us, we can make a difference when we take the time to recognize pain in those who are in our lives, our towns, our neighborhoods.

Prayers and virtual safe hugs to all those who are hurting and have need for healing.

Is Elizabeth Smart's appearance streaming or being recorded for future viewing?
I tried to find that out myself, it looks like there was such a large response they moved it to the high school for more seating capacity. A lot of people are asking if it will be lived streamed, but I haven't seen any answer to that yet. I will post if I find out.

So happy to see that Barron and the community are embracing Elizabeth Smart and her story. My sincerest hopes that Jayme is doing as well as possible and healing one day at a time at her own pace. The community has really rallied around her and the Closs families. Good to see :)

Elizabeth Smart To Hold Town Hall Friday In Jayme Closs’ Hometown
The meeting is to help the people of Barron, Wisconsin, cope with the recent kidnapping. It’s slated for 6 p.m. in the Barron High School gym. The event is free to attend.

Elizabeth Smart to speak to Jayme Closs' neighbors in wake of kidnapping
Some of Jayme's relatives are expected to attend Friday night's free event at the high school gym in Barron, the town's county sheriff, Chris Fitzgerald, told ABC News Friday morning.

Smart, 31, is expected to share her own story and discuss ways the Barron community can move forward, including how to talk to children about this kind of traumatic event and what neighbors should say to Jayme and her family, the sheriff said.

"We're very honored to have her here," Fitzgerald said.

Elizabeth Smart Speaking In Barron About Jayme Closs Abduction
Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said Smart's town hall in Barron is aimed at helping the community heal and move forward.

"She’s going to be talking about the notoriety that she received and how she wished the community would have responded to her," said Fitzgerald.

He said Smart will also be talking about the role of parents in supporting children that have become victims of assault.

"She has three kids of her own and she’s going to talk to her kids about her situation and she’s going to talk to her parents about how to tell your kids you love them unconditionally no matter what happens to them," said Fitzgerald. "Because she went through some thoughts of, 'Bad things happened to me. Will anyone love me again?'"

Fitzgerald said at TV crew from the cable network Lifetime will join Smart in Barron. Lifetime is working on a special that will include Jayme's kidnapping case. A publicist with Lifetime parent company A&E confirmed Smart’s town hall was organized by Lifetime as part of a yet-to-be-announced TV special. While local media are allowed to film the first five minutes of the presentation the network isn’t allowing interviews with participants or anyone from the production crew, according to the email from Lifetime.

Bringing @ilovechili's post here from the media thread:

OH BOY. In my local area I just saw an upcoming nightly news that JP called CBS and talked with them and what he says about his confession. He is becoming a Chatty Cathy. I don't think we have ever heard him talk... This came up on my local CBS but I assume it will be all CBS.

Accused Closs Kidnapper Jake Patterson Calls WCCO’s Jennifer Mayerle
On Friday, the man accused of committing the killings and subsequent kidnapping reached out to WCCO reporter Jennifer Mayerle.
[...]
On Friday, Mayerle received a call on her cell phone, on the number she gave Patterson. During that call, Patterson answered “of course” when Mayerle asked if he has regrets about what happened. But he wasn’t able to elaborate why.
[...]
When Mayerle asked why he confessed after he was arrested, Patterson said, “Part of me like really knows I shouldn’t be ****ing talking to you. But, uh, like, I just didn’t want to cause any more trouble.”

It was hard for Mayerle to hear Patterson during most of their nine-minute conversation. He was quiet for a good portion of it. He did tell her about some of what happened inside his Gordon, Wisconsin home while Jayme Closs was being held there.

“We were just like watching TV, playing board games, talking about stuff. We cooked a lot, everything we made was homemade, you know,” Patterson said.

I think JP is doing everything he can to take attention off the crime itself and focus back onto him. It isn't a coincidence to me that he chose to speak to a female reporter when an important townhall meeting with Elizabeth Smart is being planned for in Barron.

He wants to come off as "I shouldn't really be talking, BUUUUUT...". I think he is intentionally interjecting himself into the media. He is trying to communicate with Jayme in a sick and twisted way and I wish the media would stop reporting his little games.

MOO

I think JP is doing everything he can to take attention off the crime itself and focus back onto him. It isn't a coincidence to me that he chose to speak to a female reporter when an important townhall meeting with Elizabeth Smart is being planned for in Barron.

He wants to come off as "I shouldn't really be talking, BUUUUUT...". I think he is intentionally interjecting himself into the media. He is trying to communicate with Jayme in a sick and twisted way and I wish the media would stop reporting his little games.

MOO

1000% agree with you!

JP killed JC's parents. He kidnapped JC, took her to his 'pad', and they played house. Okay.

Why does this feel like prison pen pals to the n'th degree?

Why is this murderer/kidnapper being given any type of forum?

1000% agree with you!

JP killed JC's parents. He kidnapped JC, took her to his 'pad', and they played house. Okay.

Why does this feel like prison pen pals to the n'th degree?

Why is this murderer/kidnapper being given any type of forum?
He's somehow managing to contact these desperate for headlines reporters and of course they are going to print what he says and let the chips fall where they may. It's always about the next big story and the ratings IMO.

Something special and thoughtful for the community of Barron and even probably Jayme and her family now has been overshadowed somewhat by his obsessiveness. :(

MOO

He's somehow managing to contact these desperate for headlines reporters and of course they are going to print what he says and let the chips fall where they may. It's always about the next big story and the ratings IMO.

Something special and thoughtful for the community of Barron and even probably Jayme and her family now has been overshadowed somewhat by his obsessiveness. :(

MOO

We are all reading on here so there is interest .

Mary McGuire on Twitter
Gymnasium at Barron High School is packed ahead of #ElizabethSmart event. @WCCO #JaymeCloss #wcco
D1vHJ4MWwAEictk.jpg

Haley BeMiller on Twitter
A huge crowd turned out to hear Elizabeth Smart speak at Barron High School. She’s here to talk to the community about how they can heal and move forward following the return of #JaymeCloss.
D1vF_i9UkAEoVw-.jpg

Alexandra Lehnert on Twitter
Hundreds have packed into the Baron High School gym, all waiting to hear from Elizabeth Smart. Students tell us they hope through this, their school, and community will learn how they can be there for Jayme, and continue to heal. #JaymeCloss
D1vFzBGWsAET3GB.jpg

Mary McGuire on Twitter
Gymnasium at Barron High School is packed ahead of #ElizabethSmart event. @WCCO #JaymeCloss #wcco
D1vHJ4MWwAEictk.jpg

Haley BeMiller on Twitter
A huge crowd turned out to hear Elizabeth Smart speak at Barron High School. She’s here to talk to the community about how they can heal and move forward following the return of #JaymeCloss.
D1vF_i9UkAEoVw-.jpg

Alexandra Lehnert on Twitter
Hundreds have packed into the Baron High School gym, all waiting to hear from Elizabeth Smart. Students tell us they hope through this, their school, and community will learn how they can be there for Jayme, and continue to heal. #JaymeCloss
D1vFzBGWsAET3GB.jpg
That is a lot of people. I think it will help people a lot and probably in other ways as well as there is a lot of drug use in that area.

Maybe healing will begin

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back