Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019 #2 *ARREST*

It could've been something so simple too like he got hungry, went to take some of her chinese food and she yelled at him so he started choking her and didnt stop.

My problem with anything that’s not premeditated—is the short timeframe. I think that points more to his saying: “Now’s my chance,” and acting—rather than an argument, no matter how trivial, developing.

My problem with anything that’s not premeditated—is the short timeframe. I think that points more to his saying: “Now’s my chance,” and acting—rather than an argument, no matter how trivial, developing.
Agreed, I just feel its more likely he had been watching her and an opportunity presented itself. He knew he would have some time with her alone.

Please correct me if I’m mistaken. At this point there is no confession. All evidence is being held without comment. They found the body on CM’s property but they still have to prove that he did it! Has there been any detail in listing the charges at all?
Charged with Capital Murder. I haven't seen any other information so far

Alabama authorities charge man in death of 11-year-old girl
(CNN)A man has been arrested in connection with the death of 11-year-old Amberly Barnett, the sheriff of DeKalb County, Alabama, said Monday at a news conference. The girl's body was found Saturday.
Christopher Wayne Madison, 33, was charged with capital murder Sheriff Nick Welden told reporters. He is being held in jail without bond.
The girl's body was found in the woods about 200 yards from the suspect's home, Welden said. The cause of death was strangulation, he said.
190304164154-alabama-girl-arrest-medium-plus-169.jpg

Christopher Wayne Madison

Amberly was last seen Friday around 6 p.m. in the Mount Vernon community in northeast Alabama, and searchers found her body about 6:30 a.m. the next day, the sheriff's office said.
Barnett had been at her aunt's house, Amberly's mother, Jonie L. Barnett, said on Facebook. The aunt was grocery shopping when the girl went missing, Barnett said.
In an interview with CNN affiliate WSB, Jonie Barnett said she's searching for answers.
"Nobody should bury their 11-year-old child," she said. "Nobody should have hurt her."
The sheriff has not released much information because of the ongoing investigation and would not take questions at the Monday news conference.
"Due to the ongoing investigation, and in order not to jeopardize that investigation, I am not at liberty to disclose any additional information concerning this case. The road to justice for this sweet, innocent little girl is too important to release anything to jeopardize this investigation," the sheriff said in a news release.

Agreed, I just feel its more likely he had been watching her and an opportunity presented itself. He knew he would have some time with her alone.

Hoping he did not sexually assault her. He could have went over there in a huff and inflicted the same about of force used on his wife except with a different outcome, if he was on meth. He could have been paranoid .

Hoping he did not sexually assault her. He could have went over there in a huff and inflicted the same about of force used on his wife except with a different outcome, if he was on meth. He could have been paranoid .
I hope not. SA has not been mentioned in any article I have seen yet, but the press release from LE did say they were not releasing any other information at this time.

This is heartbreaking. 11 years old and laid to rest. The person responsible is the person who did this. Period. Like his pathetic life was worth more? Disgusting .

If anyone else was aware, then they are guilty as well but we have no reason to think that. HE is responsible for snuffing out the light of this beautiful child. Period.

imo.

I am not an expert sleuth, but I live nearby and have searched local towns in AL and GA for recent arrest reports and can not find anything. Does he really not have any prior arrests?

I’m new here already had my first thread deleted lol! Ok so if you all want to do some web “sleuthing” regarding this you might find more than what’s posted here. Obviously no one is reading DeKalb County sheriffs threads or other tv news crime sites that have so much more information than but like all the speculation found in this thread!
So many questions for those that really just want to find out the truth is that what web sleuthing is all about ?! Happy sleuthing!

Last edited:
I’m new here already had my first thread deleted lol! Ok so if you all want to do some web “sleuthing” regarding this you might find more than what’s posted here. Obviously no one is reading DeKalb County sheriffs threads or other tv news crime sites that have so much more information than but like all the speculation found in this thread!
So many questions for those that really just want to find out the truth is that what web sleuthing is all about ?! Happy sleuthing!

Oh, we read them. We just cant discuss some things due to terms of service There are good reasons for this. Make sure you read the rules of engagement. Welcome aboard! :)

IMO we appear to be at a standstill. Awaiting LE, or MSM, putting out information that might clarify the entire story.

We can speculate, but where will that take us?

We really need some investigative reporting to kick this into a higher gear. Will we get it?!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckierPresents
Back