The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meghan's makeup - where she is wearing the green coat with the collar drooping down on the back - looks nice.

Don't like the white coat at all. Dress looks very nice. The hat - yikes .

Camilla looks older than the Queen.

I liked the hat at first because I love pillbox hats, but a second look gives me the impression of a nurse.

Also I don't get why she changed into another outfit when the green sofa cushion outfit would have been fine.

View attachment 173646 View attachment 173647

Royal reunion! Meghan changes into a Victoria Beckham dress and cream coat while Kate recycles a red Catherine Walker number to lead the royal arrivals for the Commonwealth Day service

Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle join the Queen for Commonwealth Day service | Daily Mail Online

Both Duchesses look beautiful. I don’t think the buttons on the Duchess of Cambridge’s coat look right though it would look better with matching red buttons. The Duchess of Sussex’s outfit is stunning.

Yes, red buttons would make Kate’s coat perfect.

I think everyone looks stunning, today!

I even like Theresa May’s outfit - so quirky, it’s very origami.

I liked the hat at first because I love pillbox hats, but a second look gives me the impression of a nurse.

Also I don't get why she changed into another outfit when the green sofa cushion outfit would have been fine.

BBM JMHO, but it looks to me that The 2 Duchesses coordinated to wear colors of the Canadian flag on Canada Day?

The nice straight vertical seam on the green coat means -- it fits! :D

(The collar -- not so much.)

Now of course I live in a whole different world, and delivered in August, but let's see today's cream coat & green coat, and the black coat in the pictures from the NYC shower...lots of $$$$ invested in maternity outerwear! Yikes!

View attachment 173659 View attachment 173660

Purple reign! Queen and Camilla don coats and hats in matching shades of plum as they attend Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey

Queen and Camilla don matching shades as they join senior royals for the Commonwealth Day service | Daily Mail Online

Are those puffy shoulders in again? I cannot remember what year they were in.

Once I’ve done a fashion and tossed it into the Salvation Army depository, I cannot revive interest in it as I had to hate it before I tossed it out

Are those puffy shoulders in again? I cannot remember what year they were in.

Once I’ve done a fashion and tossed it into the Salvation Army depository, I cannot revive interest in it as I had to hate it before I tossed it out

My motto is "if you wore it the first time you can't get away with wearing it the second time".

First up, she wore a green embroidered Erdem wool dress and coat that is believed to have cost about $16,800. Secondly, for the church service, she opted for a bespoke outfit from Victoria Beckham said to have a similar $16,000 price tag.

Holy moly. That is a whole lot of cash for a couple of frocks she only had on for a measly few hours.

(Kate by contrast recycled a red Catherine Walker coat for the church service which I’m betting would have gotten the tick of approval from both the very frugal Her Maj and Marie Kondo.)

Meghan Markle’s $33,000 mistake
My apologies if this has already been sleuthed.

Meghan has spent over $700,000 on new clothes this year. Wow. That is a lot of work to buy that much stuff. I wonder what her closet looks like.

She really needs a stylist, or if she has one, a better one.

Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle Squash Feud Rumors With a Kiss | Xfinity

No feud here! Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle exchanged a friendly greeting at Commonwealth Day service.

On Monday, the Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Sussex, who have been the subject of feud rumors for months, were spotted sharing a double-cheek kiss inside Westminster Abbey...

US interest in Britain’s next royal birth is mixed

New York – Gwynne Wilcox jokingly calls herself a duchess because she celebrates all things Meghan Markle.

The New York attorney wore a Markle mask in the office for Halloween and served scones to colleagues. If not for work demands, would have been one of those people standing outside a Manhattan hotel hoping to catch a glimpse of the pregnant Duchess of Sussex when pals threw her a recent baby shower.

Wilcox’s interest hasn’t waned a bit since the American actress wed Prince Harry last May 19, announcing her pregnancy nearly five months later. While some admirers in the U.S. lost their must-see royal fervor after the big nuptials, plenty remain hanging on every tidbit about Markle...

Last edited:
I just can't wrap my brain around clothing costing that much. Seriously. $1300 for a blouse? Why? What could possibly make it that important?

Same with Meghan's outfits. $33,000 for one day.

Not intending offense to them specifically/only. It just baffles me that clothing can be sold for so much money. But then again I hesitate when an item isn't half-price at Goodwill....

First up, she wore a green embroidered Erdem wool dress and coat that is believed to have cost about $16,800. Secondly, for the church service, she opted for a bespoke outfit from Victoria Beckham said to have a similar $16,000 price tag.

Holy moly. That is a whole lot of cash for a couple of frocks she only had on for a measly few hours.

(Kate by contrast recycled a red Catherine Walker coat for the church service which I’m betting would have gotten the tick of approval from both the very frugal Her Maj and Marie Kondo.)

Meghan Markle’s $33,000 mistake
My apologies if this has already been sleuthed.

Maybe she will recycle . Her pre pg clothes do not fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member