Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is bad news. It means the family is not getting communication from LE or LE has told them they are out of ideas. I do like the effort the family is making and I hope the lead they need comes through.

I don’t think that’s what that means at all. Especially since the family has publicly stated, as recent as this past wkend, that LE is still conducting private searches and working her case.

I haven’t done enough research to give any facts, so maybe this is just from people talking on social media and how much more exposed we are to stories of crime now. But it feels like a scary time to be a woman in Kentucky these days.
I live about an hour away from Richmond, but I’m fairly often on the same street and in the same parking garage that Savannah was last seen in Lexington (doctor appointments). I’m older than her and I don’t know her or her family. But her disappearance has touched my heart. I see this young girl that reminds me, in some ways, of myself 10 years ago. I did some pretty dumb stuff and I was what I would consider a “good girl” most of the time. I was occasionally reckless, though, as we all probably were at one time or another. Even the most intelligent people, even the ones who do know better, can get tangled up in a bad situation if things line up for it. A series of events and specific people and conversations going on could put anyone into trouble. Maybe you or I wouldn’t have done exactly what she did that night. Maybe because we’re older and wiser now. Maybe because we were in different circumstances in our lives, so we did different things and hung out with different crowds.
But what I do know is, Savannah is loved. She is cherished by many. No matter what happened and no matter where she is now. She is loved.
And I will never forget her story regardless of the outcome. I pray that she is somehow alive somewhere. I pray for her, her family, and friends to have peace one day either way.
Back to my original point, I know that it can be dangerous for women or men anywhere. But I’ve never before heard of so many bodies found and people missing that are within 150 miles of me. I realize that it’s different in big cities. It just feels like there’s been a change here. But maybe it’s always been and I just either don’t know the facts and/or it wasn’t reported as much.
The Kentucky I grew up in felt safer. Does everyone feel that way? Was I just sheltered? There’s always been dangers and issues with drugs. Just don’t remember so many unanswered cases of missing or murdered people. Especially young women.
I pray for our country and for all those missing, murdered, and those who loved them.
It’s so sad to hear, just in the last 12 hours, of 2 more bodies found in Kentucky.

Just a little info on Mammoth Cave National Park. It’s a huge, wooded area. It stretches into 3 diff counties with an area of 50k acres. Where this body was found, was closer to Barren Co, in one of the cemeteries on the park grounds.
When SS went missing, mammoth cave was technically closed bc of the govt shutdown. The park was still easily accessible, there were just no tours and the caves and centers were closed.

I haven’t done enough research to give any facts, so maybe this is just from people talking on social media and how much more exposed we are to stories of crime now. But it feels like a scary time to be a woman in Kentucky these days.
I live about an hour away from Richmond, but I’m fairly often on the same street and in the same parking garage that Savannah was last seen in Lexington (doctor appointments). I’m older than her and I don’t know her or her family. But her disappearance has touched my heart. I see this young girl that reminds me, in some ways, of myself 10 years ago. I did some pretty dumb stuff and I was what I would consider a “good girl” most of the time. I was occasionally reckless, though, as we all probably were at one time or another. Even the most intelligent people, even the ones who do know better, can get tangled up in a bad situation if things line up for it. A series of events and specific people and conversations going on could put anyone into trouble. Maybe you or I wouldn’t have done exactly what she did that night. Maybe because we’re older and wiser now. Maybe because we were in different circumstances in our lives, so we did different things and hung out with different crowds.
But what I do know is, Savannah is loved. She is cherished by many. No matter what happened and no matter where she is now. She is loved.
And I will never forget her story regardless of the outcome. I pray that she is somehow alive somewhere. I pray for her, her family, and friends to have peace one day either way.
Back to my original point, I know that it can be dangerous for women or men anywhere. But I’ve never before heard of so many bodies found and people missing that are within 150 miles of me. I realize that it’s different in big cities. It just feels like there’s been a change here. But maybe it’s always been and I just either don’t know the facts and/or it wasn’t reported as much.
The Kentucky I grew up in felt safer. Does everyone feel that way? Was I just sheltered? There’s always been dangers and issues with drugs. Just don’t remember so many unanswered cases of missing or murdered people. Especially young women.
I pray for our country and for all those missing, murdered, and those who loved them.
It’s so sad to hear, just in the last 12 hours, of 2 more bodies found in Kentucky.

Honestly, I don’t feel that way. I grew up in Louisville. Not all of these cases are nefarious in nature. Out of the last 5 that have been found, one was the result of her driving a car into water, one was probably the result of domestic violence, the third was probably the result of an od and two are still unidentified.

I don’t think it’s Savannah. Why travel hours southwest when there are plenty of forested places basically right there?

If the body was farther in the woods and not on one of the cemetery properties- I could see why someone would hide a body there. I could see where someone could easily not even realize they were on park grounds. The original call from this morning went to Barren co dispatch, during the call, they realized it was park property and notified the correct agencies. It’s a huge place and to most people, you’re just driving past more wooded area that looks like the rest of the state.

Honestly, I don’t feel that way. I grew up in Louisville. Not all of these cases are nefarious in nature. Out of the last 5 that have been found, one was the result of her driving a car into water, one was probably the result of domestic violence, the third was probably the result of an od and two are still unidentified.
Yeah, it’s not that I think they’re all connected. I know there are probably different reasons for each one. Maybe a couple are somewhat connected but definitely not all.
I guess I’m just saying that because it seems like people get away with things around here. I know they do everywhere. But people are generally more trusting in the rural areas of Kentucky, unless you get on somebody’s property in the middle of the night or something.
And I assume that the rural areas have less experienced detectives, in general. Not pointing to any one department, group, or case. I know Lexington area investigators are more experienced than the more rural areas.
I live not too far from where the woman in Knox County was found and close to where Gary Medlin was shot and killed not long before that.
It’s different than big city crime. I know it doesn’t compare in numbers. But for the area and how quiet and calm it can appear to be here, it’s feeling strange now.

Yeah, it’s not that I think they’re all connected. I know there are probably different reasons for each one. Maybe a couple are somewhat connected but definitely not all.
I guess I’m just saying that because it seems like people get away with things around here. I know they do everywhere. But people are generally more trusting in the rural areas of Kentucky, unless you get on somebody’s property in the middle of the night or something.
And I assume that the rural areas have less experienced detectives, in general. Not pointing to any one department, group, or case. I know Lexington area investigators are more experienced than the more rural areas.
I live not too far from where the woman in Knox County was found and close to where Gary Medlin was shot and killed not long before that.
It’s different than big city crime. I know it doesn’t compare in numbers. But for the area and how quiet and calm it can appear to be here, it’s feeling strange now.

I don’t think it’s so much experience as it is manpower. They’re all trained through EKU, smaller dept’s don’t have the budget and resources that departments like LMPD have.
There’s definitely some of the “good ol boy” mentality in the smaller areas left over from decades prior. It took me moving to a smaller county to realize it.

Sheriff’s office: Human remains found in Henderson County

3/10/19 News 14

HENDERSON CO., KY (WFIE) - An investigation is underway after remains were found in Henderson County.

Sheriff’s deputies were called to Tillman-Bethel Road for a report of a possible body found in the woods near Green River Road #2.

We’re told it turned out to be human remains, which appear to be female.

The sheriff’s office listed the following identifiers for the found body:

• White female
  • 5′4″
  • Blonde, shoulder length hair
  • Approximately 145 lbs
  • Blue-black-white short sleeve shirt
  • Yoga pants
  • Boots with a back zipper and front lace that come up to the mid-calf area
  • Good dental work

Https://www.thegleaner.com/story/ne...es-they-have-id-body-found-sunday/3133625002/

Sheriff's Detective John Nevels said "It's a middle-aged, white female with blonde hair." She was described as being 5'4" tall with a medium build and was wearing a blue, black, and white colored short-sleeve shirt with yoga pants and boots.

"I haven't totally confirmed (the ID) yet. I need to get with some family members and confirm it," said Nevels.

"This was somebody that was living in Henderson, with parents that are not here and they reached out and said they hadn't heard from her in a while and I'm pretty sure it's going to be her .... I would just hate to put it out there and be wrong."

"Now how and the circumstances of why she's there, I'll be honest with you, I don't know."

He said an autopsy was performed in Madisonville on Monday morning, but a cause of death hasn't been issued yet as more testing need to be completed.

"They're not going to rule it one way or another right now," Nevels said.

"It's still very suspicious and we are investigating it as a homicide, but I can't say that it is."

I've been interested from the get go about the time her friend left the bar. The account I believe just says their ride came to pick them up but SS didn't want to leave. I find it strange that the time has never been mentioned. This is info that could easily been released. Why not?

Https://www.thegleaner.com/story/ne...es-they-have-id-body-found-sunday/3133625002/

Sheriff's Detective John Nevels said "It's a middle-aged, white female with blonde hair." She was described as being 5'4" tall with a medium build and was wearing a blue, black, and white colored short-sleeve shirt with yoga pants and boots.

"I haven't totally confirmed (the ID) yet. I need to get with some family members and confirm it," said Nevels.

"This was somebody that was living in Henderson, with parents that are not here and they reached out and said they hadn't heard from her in a while and I'm pretty sure it's going to be her .... I would just hate to put it out there and be wrong."

"Now how and the circumstances of why she's there, I'll be honest with you, I don't know."

He said an autopsy was performed in Madisonville on Monday morning, but a cause of death hasn't been issued yet as more testing need to be completed.

"They're not going to rule it one way or another right now," Nevels said.

"It's still very suspicious and we are investigating it as a homicide, but I can't say that it is."

Is this person that has been found in the missing area on websleuths? or are they just recently missing and not reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member