CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #49 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion? If PF gets convicted, CC will say that he was a good 'ol boy who was led astray by two wicked out-of-town women, one who didn't like the 'lifestyle' and one who was a married cheater who would drive 800 miles to chase him down for a booty call. His only real sin was being too 'nice' to the ladies.
Nobody will buy anymore maneur from him. Except himself.

I understood it came out in the preliminary that there is video of her. One of the many reasons I would like to see the transcript. Some caught one thing and others caught other things. Giving up on that thought with the transcript being likely though :)
Ok thanks totally missed that part of thread.
That's how I heard it. My question is...why? Why was RS worried about PF not getting caught on camera? Because he knew something?
Things that make you go ummmm!
Also they might have figured that LE was onto PF and could use PF’s image as a comparison shot to prove that he was the person captured on tape at the condo on 11/22. LE said the person on tape looked like PF. I think you are right though they both knew something.

It must have been very bad. Doctors and nurses are used to people getting emotional or losing their temper in the delivery room. If they felt threatened enough to call Social Services, he must have been very intimidating. Imo
I like the above post. I can relate from professional experience (I'm not by any means an expert). But, I have my Masters in Social Work and I've been in the hospital system for over 13 years in hospital social work. Prior to working in the hospital system I worked with SPMI population (severely persistently mentally ill). In the hospital, when I call DCF (Department of Children's and Families) I don't take it lightly at all. In order for a call to be made, there are enough red flags. It is good enough for me to "suspect" there is abuse or neglect to make a phone call. So, the medical team looking out for their patients (KB and baby KB) had enough reason to suspect there was abuse or neglect. It's not a perfect system, but for those trained, the red flags that show up are glaring. KB and PF were observed. Both of their actions and statements and possibly even documentation from KB's prenatal care was looked at. But, IMHO what he said was a big enough red flag to then dig deeper.
Also, and this is very telling to me on KK and her involvement. As a nurse IF she is telling truth (BIG IF) about PF saying that KB was (I don't want to put it in writing even though it already is) but if she bought into PF saying that KB was not a good mom and there were red flags based on what he said, then she had a professional / ethical / moral obligation to report KB. Now, this is where it gets so very dysfunctional and evil. Not only did she not make an "anynomous report" about suspected abuse, but rather she helped to cover evidence in the murder of that person. I think the reason she did not file a report is because I think at a very young formative developmental stage for her, he got his hooks into her. He got to her, brainwashed her through enough middle of the night phone calls and whatever mad manipulative statements he made to her. I think KK is responsible and I hold her responsible for her part. But, I believe he seared an impression on her when she was young and vulnerable. She sold her soul to him. Such a fantasy world she lived in. He knew it. Sorry for long post.

bbm
Don't know, if I said it before. Maybe, they suspected PF even to have caused the 3 weeks prematurely birth through abuse towards KB?? If that was the case, the abuse must have been severe, IMO.
I was wondering if the nurses had witnessed any bruising on her during labor and delivery.
I have nightmares about one of my patients in nursing school. Technically they were " hickeys" but she was covered in them everywhere a one piece bathing suit would be. Dark, dark plapable hickeys! IMO that was abuse, not anything she enjoyed! They brought social services in and her baby daddy went off on the staff telling us what they enjoy together was none of our business. Mom backed him up with tears in her eyes!
Awful day! The baby was a month early and not expected to be born at that time.
Moo

Last edited:
According to the search warrant, it was Kelsey's truck.

"A 2011 red colored Chevrolet Silverado pick-up truck parked at Kelsey's residence was searched at the WPPD after consent to search was obtained from Kelsey's mother (the registered owner). A Safeway receipt dated 11/22/18 at 1223 hrs. was located on the front passenger seat. The Safeway purchase was for flowers. A Wal-Mart receipt dated 11/22/18 at 0150 hrs. was located on the front passenger floor board. The Wal-Mart purchase was for Tum's Antacid and what appear to be over the counter stomach medicine."

That was KB's late-night trip to get stomach medicine for PF.

I misread the receipt for 1:50 pm since it was listed right after the 12:23 receipt and that was close to the time PF was at Wal-Mart. That would be good collaboration of what Cheryl told LE and also backs up what KB told her mother. The truck, however, showed Cheryl as the registered owner. It mentions that twice including the when they mentioned that LE obtained permission from Kelsey's mother, the registered owner, to search the car. Wonder if they gave or sold the truck to Kelsey after they purchased a new vehicle and just didn't transfer the title. It would be interesting to know when this happened just to know if they were trying to protect Kelsey's interests from PF. Given his behavior at the baby's birth, you know they had to be so worried about her. Parents can sense danger for their children better than anyone, and they had to be terrified about KB being so far away and in a relationship with such a hotheaded person.

The hardest part to me as far as putting the actual bat or other murder weapon in KK hand is that you have to over look all the evidence trail she left behind on the 24-26,

I can't believe that she would have been clever enough to not have not left a single shred of evidence that could place her in Colorado on the 22nd.

She is the worst of the worst of moral human existence and the things she didn't do ensured that KB would die.

But most of the actual physical evidence that we know of only ties her to the coverup.

She did not have the actual bat in her hands and there is zero evidence that she was actually present when KB was killed.

PF actions on that Day in November were his and his alone!

We all can hate KK all we want much in the way that we Hate NK.

But at the end of the day it was PF that ultimately unleashed his fury of hate on poor sweet KB

I was thinking he moved the body the day of the murder - put it in the tote, took it to Nash ranch and put it on the haystack, them took it down two days later when KK was there and burned. Am I wrong about that?
A decomposing body would most likely be giving off a lot of gas, possibly enough to make the edges of the tote gap. Could the gapping and gas possibly force some of the body fluids out of the tote on to the hay?

as per SF, PF was paying some of K's insurance too. Assume there was some time before or after the baby that she was not working- she also worked in a coffee shop too so she did not have the "good" Doss job right away. He may also have been (or seemed to be) initially generous and supportive.
I think you are right. They do initially appear generous and supportive, but everything they give you is an investment, not a true gift. Poor Kelsey.

maybe she only has a certain amount of chances because it will be bad weather and she cannot reliably drive back and forth and PF cannot easily dispose of evidence. I have always been perturbed by his statements about "well, you'll have another chance on x day...."
was that based on times she was not watching her children (alternate weekends, etc.)?
It would also be interesting to know why their relationship was off and on so much and yet she was so mesmerized by him. It would seem that he would have married her when she was the celebrity rodeo queen and still very pretty. As much as I dislike her, I still think she was very pretty when she was in her teens/early twenties.

You are correct. That is KK's story.

The issue raised is the smell of a decomposing body, where CoD was a bloody beating, after 2 days. Putting the body in the plastic tote kept it warmer than the outdoor temp. The smell would have been horrible, strong and obvious. They put a 2-day old dead body in the open bed of a truck and drove around with it?

It's one of KK's stories that doesn't quite make good sense, yet cannot be proven or disproven.

Well, normally, I'd agree with you, but we have to be mindful of the fact that we're talking about PF here, so normal logic and behavior do not at all apply.

Considering it's PF, it's entirely plausible that he stored KB's dead body in a black plastic tote and then retrieved and carted said tote with KB's 2-day old dead body in a truck back to the ranchette where he consigned it to flames in a big bonfire.

It's entirely believable to me that PF would be that stupid.
Plastic tote? Check!
Open truck bed? Check, check!

In fact, the sheer idiocy of these purported actions is what convinces me of the veracity of the account.

It sounds just like PF. It is exactly what one would expect him to do.
I for one would never expect any account of his actions to "make good sense."
That isn't a realistic expectation to have of PF.
Dude frazees himself at every possible turn.

JMO.

Last edited:
Well, normally, I'd agree with you, but we have to be mindful of the fact that we're talking about PF here, so normal logic and behavior do not at all apply.

Considering it's PF, it's entirely plausible that he stored KB's dead body in a black plastic tote and then retrieved and carted said tote with KB's 2-day old dead body in a truck back to the ranchette where he consigned it to flames in a big bonfire.

Plastic tote? Check!

In fact, the sheer idiocy of these purported actions is what convinces me of the veracity of the account.

I for one would never expect any account of his action to "make good sense."
That isn't a realistic expectation to have of PF.

JMO.

All the while probably thinking man I'm so damn smart, they will never even suspect me.

All the subtle hints I left, fake phone texts etc.

Those stupid cops will never suspect a thing, and if they do they will never be able to pin it on me.

OH crap.....why am I in a jumpsuit sitting in a jail cell........

Last edited:
Al the while probably thinking man I'm so damn smart, they will never even suspect me.

Those stupid cops will never suspect a thing, and if they do they will never be able to pin it on me.

Along the lines of PF's "thought bubble:"

I would pay big money to get a look at the "notes" PF jots down for his attorney on his legal pad during the trial.

Frankly, I won't be surprised if at some point, the public defender doesn't snatch the legal pad away from PF, whack him upside the head with it, and scream at him to shut up about the Woody from Toy Story doll already!

Plastic tote? Check!

I for one would never expect any account of his actions to "make good sense."
That isn't a realistic or reasonable expectation to have of PF.

JMO.

Makes me think of an old song by The Judds'...."Mama, He's Frazee."

Al the while probably thinking man I'm so damn smart, they will never even suspect me.

does anyone think that PF will start talking to some one while he is in jail (not necessarily telling any truths) just because he will want attention ?

I know some have speculated that there must have been more than 1 camera outside KB’s condo.

I have to agree with that but still I found it strange the way it was presented in SW that they could not recover tape before 11/29 (which is how LE saw RS pick up package on 12/2). They then state they were able to see PF, KB and baby on 11/22 outside condo and PF return later on same day .

So if they get that could they possibly have seen KK there as well but have not released that info to save as proof she was there on 11/24? Is that information that could be withheld until trial ?

After re-reading the SW, I believe the drafting of relevant warrant "Attach A" only added to the confusion here.

While there certainly may be an additional surveillance camera not disclosed at this time, I believe there may be another explanation.

SW 18-111 Attach A (pgs 11-12) indicates the Arlo surveillance camera videos (stored on cloud server) are only saved for 7 days prior unless the user manually downloads them.

On 11-25-18, at request of CB, WPPD reportedly forced entry to KB's home to do a welfare check. I believe it was around this date that investigators first became aware of neighbors surveillance, and also video showing PF, KB, baby, and flowers entering and re-entering condo on 11-22-18.

I further believe investigators were provided manual download of this surveillance at this time-- especially given the the neighbors service (free service) would not save the video in the cloud past 7 days or 11-29-18.

SW 18-111 also provides that on 12-7-18, Corporal Koski met with neighbor LJ, and viewed all available video on
12-7 (viewing via neighbors cell phone). Koski reported the footage available was limited to 12-1-18 UPS package, and
12-3-18 RS package pick up.

It follows that on 12-7-18, Corporal Koski could only see surveillance for 12-1, 12-3-18 (and not 11-22 to 11-29-18) given the prior 7 day storage limitation of the service without manually download and save by user.

I trust the most critical 11-22-18 video surveillance was viewed and saved by investigators prior to Corporal Koski's 12-7-18 canvasing with neighbors.

I'm confident the prosecution has this evidence safe and secure.

MOO

RATS! I thought we had him, Seattle. ;)

Thanks for that clarification, though, I didn't know CB had asked PF to retrieve the package.

*Edited to say I edited my original post to remove that part about the package.
It still doesn't look good for him, dead body on his hay, PF visits 3 days in a row, right after KB's brutal murder, then He has PF wait in truck so he won't be seen on neighbors camera. At the time KB was just a missing person. No need to worry about anyone thinking a murder occurred.
Why go to bank and say one of the most stupid things anyone can say ever in the annuls of crime?
Get the weakest links first. They got KK.
MOO

It still doesn't look good for him, dead body on his hay, PF visits 3 days in a row, right after KB's brutal murder, then He has PF wait in truck so he won't be seen on neighbors camera. At the time KB was just a missing person. No need to worry about anyone thinking a murder occurred.
Why go to bank and say one of the most stupid things anyone can say ever in the annuls of crime?
Get the weakest links first. They got KK.
MOO
BBM:

If there's evidence of human decomp and/or KB's DNA anywhere on the property, LE and DA Dan need to ratchet up the pressure on this creep.

I definitely do not think this loser is out of legal jeopardy right now.

The DA is keeping everyone associated with PF on notice by not ruling out further arrests.

I'm sure Dan May would love to nail any and everyone else who in any way assisted PF in his dumb and dastardly deeds before, during and after KB's murder.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member