Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #17 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borce Ristevski pleads guilty to manslaughter of wife Karen

And there we have it. Borce, old boy, you lasted one day more than I thought.

Now , the sentencing..

For those anxious about missing a trial ( they are so riveting!) , the judge will lay out every aspect of this crime, from it's inception ( when he thought it up and who he discussed it with, and why he thought it was a good idea ) right thru him actually doing it, the coverup, the long denial, the litany of lies and nincompoopery that followed, and his eventual realization that he, Borce, had no where to go with his ridiculous story.

Nothing will be left out. Nothing will be glossed over. Beale will lay it all out in chronological order, with the corresponding sentence for each aggravated element of the crime.

The shortest bit of the reading will be the mitigating factors. None to speak of.

Yippee ki yay, Borce. Off you go, to Gen. Pop. ,, down to Port Philip Correctional with all the other smartarses who thought the same as you, might be a good idea to off the wife. That's your life.

I can't see anywhere that the Vic POL and the Judge have accepted a manslaughter plea... is it anywhere?.. as far as I can tell, that will be refused, there is no need at all for the DPP to accept that nonsense, I am pretty sure it will go on as a murder charge, and a murder sentence.

Too right Rosie, I wonder if he is compelled to give an account of the events. Would make interesting reading. I'm going to research if he is required to.

He doesn't have to say a thing, but Vic Police will provide the judge, via the Public Prosecutor, the entire case file and conclusions reached by Vic Pol which also contain the reasons why he was suspected, why he was charged, and why nothing changed the perspective of Vic Pol in that regard.

And the judge will incorporate that in his sentencing.

I can't see anywhere that the Vic POL and the Judge have accepted a manslaughter plea... is it anywhere?.. as far as I can tell, that will be refused, there is no need at all for the DPP to accept that nonsense, I am pretty sure it will go on as a murder charge, and a murder sentence.

I read somewhere else, from someone who was at court yesterday, that the defence has been arguing manslaughter rather than murder due to post offence conduct...........IMO no link sorry.......

Too right Rosie, I wonder if he is compelled to give an account of the events. Would make interesting reading. I'm going to research if he is required to.

What will make it interesting, is she wasn’t found for 8 months so, no cause of death was determined if I recall correctly. Would that make it possible for a manslaughter conviction/sentence?

I read somewhere else, from someone who was at court yesterday, that the defence has been arguing manslaughter rather than murder due to post offence conduct...........IMO no link sorry.......

I'd be very , very shocked and bewildered if that plea is accepted, Sleuthy. Borce is entitled to float it, ( desperate times , and all that!) but there is no corresponding obligation on the part of the Police Prosecutor to accept it, and there is a very strong element of public expectation that it isn't accepted.

Lets see what happens!

( Dr S. , there is a certain kind of stupid, that sticks out like a fish in a tree, Borce had it written all over his face, BadenClay likewise, and Holdom, too. )

I'd be very , very shocked and bewildered if that plea is accepted, Sleuthy. Borce is entitled to float it, ( desperate times , and all that!) but there is no corresponding obligation on the part of the Police Prosecutor to accept it, and there is a very strong element of public expectation that it isn't accepted.

Lets see what happens!

( Dr S. , there is a certain kind of stupid, that sticks out like a fish in a tree, Borce had it written all over his face, BadenClay likewise, and Holdom, too. )

Yep Troop & hopefully Sayle Newson too :rolleyes::rolleyes: ( trial starts in may )

I think he will get the max because he went right to the wall before he admitted it, even with the extra lenient Victorian judiciary so 20 years, then maybe a couple extra for concealing the body and interfering with a corpse.
Add on no remorse, and perverting the course of justice by pretending to 'lose' his wife, when he knew where her body was all time, wasting police time and resources. Judges take that into account and they often throw in 5 years for it, as a deterrent to parole possibilities. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam