Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #17 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bizarre theories surrounding the killing of Karen Ristevski

Two people involved

May 29, 2017: An FBI-trained criminal profiler suggests two people were involved in the disposal of Karen’s body due to the physical exertion required. Her body was found 50 metres from the nearest place to park. The profiler says those involved would have had prior knowledge of the grave site.
was going to point this out yesterday and forgot to make the post when i wrote the other post about others being involved

if you have a small female living in your home, ask her to lay on the ground then try dead lift her off the ground, it is really really hard, i am 6 foot 2 and 220lb and i mean i could do it but its not very easy and you'd been exhausted before you got out the door, now i am much younger younger than BR by about 20 years so make of that what you will

*edit* this page since last night is making my browser hang, its quite annoying its making chrome "unresponsive"

Last edited:
Sorry, there is no way Sarah didn't know! Sure she was in grief, but there were benefits for her! I reckon mum was not as lenient as dear ole dad and dad had control of the purse strings post death! That would have pricked up Sarah's ears

I agree, and I think there are a few more in that delusional family who knew what happened. I wonder if, down the track, any of them come out and try to sell their story to a womans mag or something. Goodness that would be low.

Last edited:
Thanks Trooper and Morrisa. It was a long journey but at least there is finally accountability. Murder or manslaughter I am not sure but usually in manslaughter you can read some remorse in the accused body's language. I have never seen a hint of remorse and one very sad aspect was Karen's Aunty flying to Melbourne straight away to comfort and assist Karen's family and to plead to the public via the media to help in any way they could to assist the investigation to find her and right at her side was BR expressionless both verbally and physically knowing KR would never be seen alive again. Now knowing her loyalty and compassion was played upon to hopefully help his own cause is no doubt hard to come to terms with.
As I have said before in earlier posts there are many knowledgeable slueths on this site and a lot of input helped to put the puzzle together.

I was sure BR was scrolling the site and had it confirmed a few months back. I don't condone taunting but on this occasion I enjoyed doing it as like others I was made it very clear that he thought he was clever trying to fool everyone but there was always going to be only one fool at the end of the day.
The taunts had the desired effect and while they didn't help KR it did make me feel good knowing I was doing his head in.
Obviously KR will always be the main victim but like any family murder there are many more. Stephen and SR the main ones but also AR. Week one I got sent a message richly worded but over time that tune changed. While AR has hiS personal problems when ever he recounted KR and situations over many times not once did anything change in his description. The situations made it obvious he respected and loved KR and he loved the family environment. Yes he does have problems but knowing that some people thought you
were involved in KR's disappearance and then her death while thinking after a while that your father was the cause must have been tough to deal with then and more so now.
AR wasn't the most articulate in his vents but I will give him his due he was hell bent on seeing the outcome we all wanted.
Finally well done to the investigation team this case showed me even when they have a suspect and evidence there is a long way to go to get a hopefully positive result.
Steve, such generous words. Thank you for being here and sharing.

At last some closure for you and KR's loved ones - yet at a such dreadful cost. So many lies, denials and total lack of remorse only added to and prolonged the sadness of losing KR.
I'm sure AR would appreciate the acknowledgement you've given of his perspective and difficult situation in all of this.

Steve, thank you for your insight...and yes, it's rather satisfying to know, that in some small way, we added to BR's panic and stress.

I'm pleased you felt welcome to have your say here - and very happy that it had an unpleasant effect on BR.
RIP Karen.

Last edited:
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...bourne-is-finally-solved-20190313-p513yp.html

The killer's admission, so late that a jury was being empaneled, finally provides an answer to the mystery that has gripped Melbourne since Karen vanished in June 2016.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...lling-of-karen-ristevski-20190313-p513xo.html

The Ristevski case gripped the nation, in part because of the numerous bizarre theories that arose during the investigation and some of the strange characters involved. We revisit some of them here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m a novice on all this so forgive my ignorance, does this mean he doesn’t have to explain what happened? Can he cop his sentence and stay silent?

Not quite.. He has to tell his barrister, who has to refer the circumstances to the judge..who then takes into account all the elements and details publicly what each element of the matter has accrued in years to serve in prison.

Now... it stands to reason that Borce's story is going to be a doozy. It's going to start and finish with the premise of Poor Borce, naturally, because what Borce is looking for, and what his barrister is paid to produce are Mitigating Circumstances that chip away, reduce incrementally each year that Borce is facing for a manslaughter sentence.

A great deal of the story will hinge on this aspect. How hard done by Borce was, how it all happened unexpectedly, how he had no idea it would happen, how he was so scared and alone and terrified, how , even , he was provoked by Karen out of his usual good nature into a bareknuckle killer in a nanosecond.

Oh yes. There will be a passing reference to Karen's intractability concerning money, her refusal to heed his advice, how it all fell down on top of him. And there we have it, an apparently dead wife in the garage.

From the judge's point of view, he has to take into account all and any Mitigating Circumstances, plus any Aggravating Circumstances that the DPP may float up to the bench, and some of those will add years to the sentence and wipe out any discount for the guilty plea that he is entitled to, plus the years deducted for Mitigating Circs.

Aggravating Circumstances that Brendan Kissane will lay down will begin with Borce's failing to call a doctor, that morning. Failing to inform an medical authority at all, no ambulance, no police, no nothing. Then, the forming of the plot to hide the 'accidental ' death. The decision to remove the body ( interference with a corpse ) , but before that, Borce had, as a criminal act, abrogated to himself the position of a fully qualified medical doctor and pronounced Karen dead, off his own bat, a small crime , but one that carries a sharp little sentence.

Then, he removed the corpse from it's position of death. This is against the law, too. ( How he did this alone, and mangled it into Karen's car is a whole other story ) and then he drove it to where? a place from spontaneous memory? a previous known place? and abandoned her corpse there and left the premises without notifying again some form of medical authority, because it's only Borce's word that she is dead, no one else's, and if there is anything the courts hate, it someone unqualified making that decision.

A whole industry is built around requiring death being stated by certain persons only, and not the general public at whim and at will. Otherwise ,... anarchy.

Then, his refusal to notify police, and his subsequent pattern of false representation , over months , a year , to the Vic Pol, who , using taxpayers money, were searching and seeking right across Victoria for Karen.

All of these matters, plus a few more , just as heavy , will be weighted by the judge in his summing up . There wont be many secrets left , really, by the time the judge has finished.

I reckon, at least 15 years, because of the unrelenting nature of Borce's unco-operative behavior which cost the taxpayer dearly.

15 years, .. maybe 18 years with a sentence of 15 years before being able to apply for parole ( which doesn't mean he gets it, only means he can begin the process of applying for it ) …

Public expectation will be a big factor in the sentencing. No one wants to encourage men to throttle their wives and start burying them all over Vic, up and down Mt Macedon, there has to be a deterrent factor, and in this climate of Domestic Violence awareness it is a big factor and Borce could come head on into it, and get a big bang for it.

sorry for the long post!.

I don't like this justice system :confused:o_O

IMO BR must have agreed with his lawyer for a long time that he would only plead guilty to manslaughter. Then when the opportunity arose yesterday, they seized it. No need then for a trial to examine all aspects of BR's sorry tales.

He should be forced to tell the whole truth and not make up more tales, or else get the maximum penalty - if Aunt Marple has her way! Lol

I agree, and I think there are a few more in that delusional family who knew what happened. I wonder if, down the track, any of them come out and try to sell their story to a womans mag or something. Goodness that would be low.
Sell it and give the proceeds to women's refuge would be right thing to do .

Sell it and give the proceeds to women's refuge would be right thing to do .

the right thing and what happens in life tend to be two different things, unfortunately

otherwise we wouldn't need the police or courts

about the case i was kind of hoping it would head to trial not for the family because they would have to relive a lot of stuff but because BR would have to see and hear the whole world know about his dodgey past and things he doesn't want made public it would make him uncomfortable

Not quite.. He has to tell his barrister, who has to refer the circumstances to the judge..who then takes into account all the elements and details publicly what each element of the matter has accrued in years to serve in prison.

Now... it stands to reason that Borce's story is going to be a doozy. It's going to start and finish with the premise of Poor Borce, naturally, because what Borce is looking for, and what his barrister is paid to produce are Mitigating Circumstances that chip away, reduce incrementally each year that Borce is facing for a manslaughter sentence.

A great deal of the story will hinge on this aspect. How hard done by Borce was, how it all happened unexpectedly, how he had no idea it would happen, how he was so scared and alone and terrified, how , even , he was provoked by Karen out of his usual good nature into a bareknuckle killer in a nanosecond.

Oh yes. There will be a passing reference to Karen's intractability concerning money, her refusal to heed his advice, how it all fell down on top of him. And there we have it, an apparently dead wife in the garage.

From the judge's point of view, he has to take into account all and any Mitigating Circumstances, plus any Aggravating Circumstances that the DPP may float up to the bench, and some of those will add years to the sentence and wipe out any discount for the guilty plea that he is entitled to, plus the years deducted for Mitigating Circs.

Aggravating Circumstances that Brendan Kissane will lay down will begin with Borce's failing to call a doctor, that morning. Failing to inform an medical authority at all, no ambulance, no police, no nothing. Then, the forming of the plot to hide the 'accidental ' death. The decision to remove the body ( interference with a corpse ) , but before that, Borce had, as a criminal act, abrogated to himself the position of a fully qualified medical doctor and pronounced Karen dead, off his own bat, a small crime , but one that carries a sharp little sentence.

Then, he removed the corpse from it's position of death. This is against the law, too. ( How he did this alone, and mangled it into Karen's car is a whole other story ) and then he drove it to where? a place from spontaneous memory? a previous known place? and abandoned her corpse there and left the premises without notifying again some form of medical authority, because it's only Borce's word that she is dead, no one else's, and if there is anything the courts hate, it someone unqualified making that decision.

A whole industry is built around requiring death being stated by certain persons only, and not the general public at whim and at will. Otherwise ,... anarchy.

Then, his refusal to notify police, and his subsequent pattern of false representation , over months , a year , to the Vic Pol, who , using taxpayers money, were searching and seeking right across Victoria for Karen.

All of these matters, plus a few more , just as heavy , will be weighted by the judge in his summing up . There wont be many secrets left , really, by the time the judge has finished.

I reckon, at least 15 years, because of the unrelenting nature of Borce's unco-operative behavior which cost the taxpayer dearly.

15 years, .. maybe 18 years with a sentence of 15 years before being able to apply for parole ( which doesn't mean he gets it, only means he can begin the process of applying for it ) …

Public expectation will be a big factor in the sentencing. No one wants to encourage men to throttle their wives and start burying them all over Vic, up and down Mt Macedon, there has to be a deterrent factor, and in this climate of Domestic Violence awareness it is a big factor and Borce could come head on into it, and get a big bang for it.

sorry for the long post!.

If only he had called 000.....:( IF it was an accident !!!

‘Melbourne lawyer Justin Quill, who has followed the case from the beginning, told A Current Affair he believed the reason Ristevski pleaded guilty now was in an attempt to lessen his sentence.

"It may be that he thought he was going to be found guilty by a jury if he went to trial, so he's taken the easy option," Mr Quill said.

"If he wants to lessen his penalty, he'll have to tell the court at some stage and in some format what happened, and how it happened, and why it happened.

"Whether the family and friends of Karen believe that is another thing, of course."’
Borce Ristevski claims he 'didn’t intend to kill wife'

If only he had called 000.....:( IF it was an accident !!!

that's what normal people do, Dr S , in those circumstances!.. help, police, ambulance... the usual. Dial 000. Automatically.

But for Borce?.. no such of a thing. And it's not as if he was , in his mind, still living under the horrifying oppression of his young Albanian days, where Xhorta ruled his world, and the police were agents of the murderous regime, noooooo.. he knew enough , had lived here long enough to know the score. I think they were children, him and Vlasko , when they arrived. They must have been because his Mum and Dad were living under the peaceful and calm regime of the Vic Police just around the corner!.

It still puzzles me , just how he was able to skaff off enquiries about Karen's absence for a couple of days.. ..

From her work, her daughter, his parents, neighbors, .. he had, oddly, a yarn all ready for presentation...

I don't like this justice system :confused:o_O

IMO BR must have agreed with his lawyer for a long time that he would only plead guilty to manslaughter. Then when the opportunity arose yesterday, they seized it. No need then for a trial to examine all aspects of BR's sorry tales.

He should be forced to tell the whole truth and not make up more tales, or else get the maximum penalty - if Aunt Marple has her way! Lol

I am looking forward to the many pages of evidence, that I hope will be published shortly after the sentencing.
BR needs to suffer outstanding humiliation knowing now everyone is aware, of his horrid actions: Karen's family, friends, neighbours, INMATES, the public.
All his numerous lies will be exposed.
YIPPEE.
What a Creep.:eek::eek::eek:
MOO.

‘Melbourne lawyer Justin Quill, who has followed the case from the beginning, told A Current Affair he believed the reason Ristevski pleaded guilty now was in an attempt to lessen his sentence.

"It may be that he thought he was going to be found guilty by a jury if he went to trial, so he's taken the easy option," Mr Quill said.

"If he wants to lessen his penalty, he'll have to tell the court at some stage and in some format what happened, and how it happened, and why it happened.

"Whether the family and friends of Karen believe that is another thing, of course."’
Borce Ristevski claims he 'didn’t intend to kill wife'
Ahh yes... He will have to tell the court, but who is to examine the evidence whether his new tales are true or not!:mad:

If one wants to look at this with a really cynical eye, which I tend to prefer, Borce has jumped out of the frying pan into the fire. He has exchanged the risk of his barrister appealing to a jury as to his nice ness and capacity for rehabilitation, his accidental propensities, for the risk of persuading a judge only as to these inherent elements of his story.

In my opinion, he hasn't drawn a winner , here. He is hoping, by cutting out the middleman ( the jury ) that a judge, perhaps, mano - a- mano , will understand his situation, his train of thought.

I just don't think so. Beale will understand it, alright, and nail him for it.

Judges have heard it all before, Beale isn't a novice at murder trials, and has heard just about all that men and women can do to themselves and each other, Borce is your usual run of the mill dingbat, nothing clever, or even remotely unique about his actions, he isn't the first bloke to dong his wife and enter immediately into flight mode.

His out - of - the -ordinary aspect is firmly fixed in his repetitive stupidity, and his complete lack of believable imagination. It is hard to believe, even now, how truly ridiculous were the tales coming from the faucet of Vlasko and Borce.

Borce will be unusual to the judge in that respect, the relentless idiocy of the whole tragic and brutal death of a woman in her own home, minding her own business, blameless and law abiding and no trouble to her community.

Community expectations will be a major , major factor in the sentencing, I put the farm on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong