Found Deceased GA - Brian Purnell Davis, 26, legally blind, Sandersville, Washington County, 6 March 2019

doodles1211

Reaction score
c09bc999-2241-40d6-8f6f-672aa3f4af0e_750x422.png

The Washington County Sheriff’s Office needs your help finding a man last seen on Wednesday night.

They say 26-year-old Brian Purnell Davis was last seen around 6:30 p.m. at the Walmart in Sandersville.

He is legally blind and takes medication daily that he does not have with him, deputies say.

He was wearing green joggers and a camouflage jacket. He is 5’6” tall and weighs around 130 pounds.

Anyone with information can call Washington County 911 at 478-553-0911 or Capt. Trey Burgamy at 478-232-1366.

Man missing in Washington County

Brian Davis is legally blind and takes medication daily and that medication is not with him.

still missing: Washington County family still searching for missing man

From your link.

"He's more of a stay-to-his-self guy always in the house -- reading books, listening to music, looking at stocks," Cedric said. "He was big into the stock market".

and

"Cause he would never leave anywhere without his phone and he definitely wouldn't leave without his car keys, wallet, money," he said.

GBI involved in case of missing Washington Co. man, police say

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is now involved in the case of a Washington County man missing since March 6.

[...]

Law enforcement also brought cadaver dogs out to search for Davis. Cochran said this is normal procedure and that the sheriff's office wanted to retrace the family's steps in the wooded area surrounding their home, where they told deputies they last saw Davis.

Davis' family is offering a $1,000 reward for information that leads to his discovery.

Oh, man....I’m legally blind, too, so this hits my heart. And a bit of my fear.
I have to use a straight cane to get around on my own. People call them ‘white canes’, but we have the freedom to customize our canes, in the US anyway. I have a white one, but my custom is bright pink. It’s very easy to see when someone is using a straight cane because they’re blind. I feel like the family would have mentioned that... Have I missed it? It’s just 1 thing that is distinctive to help look for him. Mine folds up to fit in my bag, and many blind people have either folding or telescopic canes.

Has it ever been released as to what medical condition he takes medication for, and/or what the medication is?
There’s a LOT of “gray area” in the term legally blind. Lots of people are without glasses/contacts, but see 20/20 with that correction. I’m about twice below legal blindness with my glasses. I have friends who only see a vague brightness if they’re in the sun. You can even drive legally blind as long as you have corrective lenses. People with rare genetic eye diseases, like I have, can’t be corrected, so we end up being unable to drive or medically surrender our drivers licenses.
Do we know if he had an actual drivers license or was it an ID?

Has it ever been released as to what medical condition he takes medication for, and/or what the medication is?
There’s a LOT of “gray area” in the term legally blind. Lots of people are without glasses/contacts, but see 20/20 with that correction. I’m about twice below legal blindness with my glasses. I have friends who only see a vague brightness if they’re in the sun. You can even drive legally blind as long as you have corrective lenses. People with rare genetic eye diseases, like I have, can’t be corrected, so we end up being unable to drive or medically surrender our drivers licenses.

Thank you for this explanation. I was at first confused when I read that this MP had left car keys behind because I assumed that someone who was legally blind couldn't drive. I appreciate the clarification. Makes sense now.

Thank you for this explanation. I was at first confused when I read that this MP had left car keys behind because I assumed that someone who was legally blind couldn't drive. I appreciate the clarification. Makes sense now.

You’re welcome! The majority of legally blind people fall in that gray area. I get the rudest comments in stores when someone sees me grocery shopping on my own. I’ve been accused of ‘faking blindness’ when I can read some things in stores, yet still need a cane. People can be so cruel, like a disabled person doesn’t have feelings. I’m happy to explain to anyone who asks and I love explaining to little inquisitive kids that my cane functions as my eyes. I’d rather people ask than be so hateful or scared.

For them to say he has car keys, his vision can’t be too far past legal blindness. He’d still need to pass the vision test for renewal of a drivers license. Perhaps he didn’t need a cane. I feel better thinking he might could at least see where he’s walking. The less light there is, the harder it is to see any definition with legal blindness. I’m very worried for him. Saying many prayers.

Sorry, you are dealing with vision issues. My husband has Stickler's Syndrome a genetic disease that among other nasty effects causes the retinas to shred and then detach. One already has, the other is barely hanging in there. He's 34 and probably will be blind within the next 10 years. There are lots of definitions of legally blind. Without corrective lenses, I am technically legally blind but with trifocles (I'm 60) can see 20/20.

I wish we knew his medical condition. Could it have been depression? Would he want to walk to a particular fave place to get away and think? If it’s something like epilepsy, those medications can sometimes mess with people’s moods if the meds maybe aren’t adjusted correctly/need to be changed. He could have had a seizure all alone and needs help. Could it be diabetes? That can cause blindness in some people. Could his blood sugar have dropped and he needs help?

Keep in mind that the above is PURELY JMO. I’m theorizing possible scenarios for his disappearance. I know I’m reaching. I wish we had more info.

Sorry, you are dealing with vision issues. My husband has Stickler's Syndrome a genetic disease that among other nasty effects causes the retinas to shred and then detach. One already has, the other is barely hanging in there. He's 34 and probably will be blind within the next 10 years. There are lots of definitions of legally blind. Without corrective lenses, I am technically legally blind but with trifocles (I'm 60) can see 20/20.

I’m so sorry about your husband. It can be devastating. I have a rare genetic eye disease called Stargardt Disease. I was a Dental Hygienist for 15yrs before I was diagnosed at 35 (I’m 45 now.) It destroys the macula and retina, but usually leaves some small peripheral vision. I’ve lost my lower peripheral for some unknown reason. No cure, no treatments. It’s been devastating. And it’s so cruel to have to watch as the world disappears. I keep hoping stem cell research could help all of us in the future.

I hope we get new info on Brian soon. I need to quit fretting about it. I just hate when anyone with a disability goes missing. I guess because I relate a bit. Maybe he fell and hurt himself. He could have fallen in just the right spot to be hidden. Maybe he hit his head. Idk. I hope he’s found soon. jmo

You’re welcome! The majority of legally blind people fall in that gray area. I get the rudest comments in stores when someone sees me grocery shopping on my own. I’ve been accused of ‘faking blindness’ when I can read some things in stores, yet still need a cane. People can be so cruel, like a disabled person doesn’t have feelings. I’m happy to explain to anyone who asks and I love explaining to little inquisitive kids that my cane functions as my eyes. I’d rather people ask than be so hateful or scared.

For them to say he has car keys, his vision can’t be too far past legal blindness. He’d still need to pass the vision test for renewal of a drivers license. Perhaps he didn’t need a cane. I feel better thinking he might could at least see where he’s walking. The less light there is, the harder it is to see any definition with legal blindness. I’m very worried for him. Saying many prayers.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that you see such hostility from some people. It's unfortunate when people who are ignorant miss the chance to mind their own business!

Thank you for this... very educational for those (me) of us that are not in your position.

I can’t believe we don’t have any new news on this case. Brian, where are you?:(

I can’t believe we don’t have any new news on this case. Brian, where are you?:(
Same county Brian went missing in...

Human remains found by railroad workers in rural GA county

Human remains found by a group of railroad workers are now being tested by the GBI.

According to the the Washington County Sheriff's Office, workers found those remains in Williamson Swamp Creek just outside of Davisboro around noon.

Details remain limited, but sheriff's investigators are still working with GBI to positively identify the body.

The remains found were confirmed to be Brian's. :(

"Human remains discovered by a railroad worker outside of Davisboro on March 18 have been confirmed to be a man missing from Tennille since March 5. Sheriff Thomas Smith said his office, the Georgia Bureau of Investigations, and the GBI's crime lab all examined the evidence to positively identify the remains as 26-year-old Brian Purnell Davis."

Sheriff: Human remains found in Washington County identified as missing man

The remains found were confirmed to be Brian's. :(

"Human remains discovered by a railroad worker outside of Davisboro on March 18 have been confirmed to be a man missing from Tennille since March 5. Sheriff Thomas Smith said his office, the Georgia Bureau of Investigations, and the GBI's crime lab all examined the evidence to positively identify the remains as 26-year-old Brian Purnell Davis."

Sheriff: Human remains found in Washington County identified as missing man

Oh no. I was hoping we was only lost or confused.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back