New Zealand - Christchurch Mosque shooting, dead & injured reported, 15 March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. It doesn't make any sense to put CO into the equation. In fact it's ridiculous because she is the total opposite of a WS or WN.

She is a strong advocate for her own AA people. Not once have I ever seen her be divisive, and she certainly isnt in the corner of any hate group. She is for unity for all.

It does show his ramblings are just that. Its obvious they are deranged ramblings that doesn't even make sense when he included CO of all people when she is a total passive peaceful person.

It makes me wonder if he purposefully selected certain individuals in his manifesto trying to cause further unrest? Was this reverse psychology? IDK, but it makes no logical sense at all. Imo

I haven't read the full manifesto yet, but I thought I read he claimed to do this because of another terrorist attack where a little child was among those killed?

I was shocked to see he was from Australia.

No matter, it is heart shattering to know he had such hate in his heart against totally innocent people.

My heart hurts for all of them, and their grieving families.

The pain, and suffering he alone has caused is as evil as it gets.

Jmo

But they're not "deranged." They're exactly what all the terrorists of this type are saying and repeating and acting on. He is VERY clear on his motives and targets (see above links that actually contain passages from his own writings.

this shooter was not insane imo, he was a highly motivated, intelligent yet ignorant, radicalized white supremacist.

the conundrum of why he would visit pakistan is answered pretty well in his manifesto, and is a great example of his ignorance and hypocrisy.

he says he has no problem with other ethnicities as long as they remain in their own lands, but once they come to "his" land they are invaders, even if they are there legally, in his opinion all countries/cultures should remain independent (completely, not even trading with each other).

he said he loved travelling and was always treated well, yet he refers to the people of those countries as vermin and roaches, he states these things in general (not just in reference to the perceived "invaders") which is indicative of his hatred for all non-white non-european people.

Yes, that sounds like those toxic white supremacy beliefs. "Othering" of cultures he doesn't like, referring to them as vermin and roaches, allows him to dehumanize them. IIRC in his manifesto and video he made of the mass murder, he spoke of his victims as "invaders" and seemed especially angered they had built churches/mosques in NZ to worship their own faith. What's odd is that he's not from NZ, but is from Australia. He apparently feels he's qualified to represent the interests of NZ citizens.

Unfortunately, he took his inspiration from similar white supremacist mass killers here in the US. It seems appropriate for all the people this killer claimed inspired him to publicly and explicitly reject his toxic beliefs about race and white supremacy, invaders, etc.

this shooter was not insane imo, he was a highly motivated, intelligent yet ignorant, radicalized white supremacist.

the conundrum of why he would visit pakistan is answered pretty well in his manifesto, and is a great example of his ignorance and hypocrisy.

he says he has no problem with other ethnicities as long as they remain in their own lands, but once they come to "his" land they are invaders, even if they are there legally, in his opinion all countries/cultures should remain independent (completely, not even trading with each other).

he said he loved travelling and was always treated well, yet he refers to the people of those countries as vermin and roaches, he states these things in general (not just in reference to the perceived "invaders") which is indicative of his hatred for all non-white non-european people.

Are there a lot of WN or WS in Australia?

Will the police in that country investigate to see if they have many more like this horrid man?

I thought Australia has very tight/strict immigration laws about who, and how they are allowed to come in?

btw if anyone else saw that he mentioned fortnite and another lesser known video game and wondered what that was about - he did it sarcastically. a large part of his manifesto is him posing questions to himself then answering. in one he asks if video games contributed to the attack? and he then says the bit about fortnite making him a killer etc, then ends by saying "no."

im thinking the candace owens mention is along these same lines but im not familiar with her.

he mentioned pewdiepie on purpose imo because in many of the online communities in which this attacker traveled pewdiepie is a big meme, and im sure he knew the history pewdiepie has with the media and negative events.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...-as-former-grafton-local-20190315-p514nm.html

Last year, a message on Facebook from Tarrant spoke of a trip to Pakistan, "an incredible place filled with the most earnest, kind hearted and hospitable people in the world".

"The beauty of hunza and nagar valley in autumn cannot be beat," he wrote.

I guess his "problem" with these people is that he doesn't want them to travel or emigrate outside their own countries. Everyone (except for the WP's) are supposed to stay where they are and not move to areas where "white people" live? How bizarre. Once they cross the boundary into another country, they cease to become earnest, kind hearted people and turn into mortal enemies? Somehow I doubt he's the only person who espouses these beliefs. In fact there's a growing, toxic, dangerous subculture of these people.

Can someone tell me whether the issue of white supremacist terrorism is "off topic" or something? I can't imagine why it would be off-limits to denounce it?

A little help here?

If you denounce any belief on this thread how is your denouncing a fact of this case? What if someone disagrees with your stand? They will then post as to why they disagree with you. What does this have to do with the direct facts of the case? Nothing. All it does is cause off-topic discussions and problems.

If the facts are the person behind this calls himself a "white supremacist" then you can discuss. What you can't discuss is why people are white supremacists, whose fault it is, how do we fix it, and so on.

It is being reported that one of the shooters did announce his admiration for Trump but my friends, we cannot discuss why this terrorist likes Trump. We cannot discuss Trump and politics in this thread. If you want to keep Websleuths up and running we need to keep Trump and politics out of this thread. Let's stick to the facts of the case.

We have a simple rule and that is stick to the facts of this case. It is taking me literally hours to remove the political and debates and more.

Reminder: You cannot discuss moderation in a post.

Thank you.

Last edited:
he mentioned pewdiepie on purpose imo because in many of the online communities in which this attacker traveled pewdiepie is a big meme, and im sure he knew the history pewdiepie has with the media and negative events.

SBM - what are the negative events? I hadn't heard of pewdiepie before this.

I cant speak for anyone else about Candice Owen's, but I've never seen her be divisive about anything.

Every time I've heard her speak she has been a strong advocate for AAs, and is always kind, and respectful to everyone.

She is the opposite of a WS. She is all about seeing AAs have all of the opportunities to excel in life.

Imo
Be careful about using WS for white supremacy. I thought you were referring to Websleuthers for a second! :)

btw if anyone else saw that he mentioned fortnite and another lesser known video game and wondered what that was about - he did it sarcastically. a large part of his manifesto is him posing questions to himself then answering. in one he asks if video games contributed to the attack? and he then says the bit about fortnite making him a killer etc, then ends by saying "no."

im thinking the candace owens mention is along these same lines but im not familiar with her.

I think he mentioned all that stuff to purposely create a divisive conflict - the debate about these topics will be predictable and divisive.

I wish we'd all say, "Nope, you're not going to do that to us. We're united against violence and we're not going to be distracted or divided in our stand against hate. Nope, not going to happen."

jmo

Excerpt from article (below): (I bolded the part which, to me, is terrifying to read)

"In 2011, in an online post, Tarrant wrote, “I am a ****** monster of willpower, I just need a goal or object to work towards."

Brenton Tarrant’s Parents: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com

I quoted my own post because this statement of his was from 8 years ago.

Which areas of humanity did he consider to destroy before he decided, planned and carried out this act of evil?

It is chilling how he labels himself a "monster" 8 years ago because he knew that his "goal" would be monstrous. And it was. And 8 years ago he knew he was a "monster".

This horrendous event is still so difficult to even read.

All I can offer are prayers for the loved ones.

My heart, along with everyone else's, is with them and their communities.

just to point out how dangerous, yet very alluring to some, this manifesto is - there are several media outlets and at least one australian politician that have ALREADY pointed out that while they cant condone his actions his motivations are certainly understandable.

frightening.

...and 8chan. Are these websites radicalizing terrorists??

"These kind of attacks are being carried out in increased frequency and ferocity in mosques, synagogues, and black churches throughout the Western world, with a notable common denominator: the gunmen are always white, male and fuelled by consumption of right-wing media.

“Well, it's time to stop shitposting and time to make a real life effort post. I will carry out an attack against the invaders, and will even live stream the attack via Facebook link,” Tarrant warned on the far-right online forum 8Chan on Thursday, which included links to what he called his “writings”.

A day earlier, he posted a photo of his semi-automatic weapon on Twitter, with the words “Here’s your migration compact!” etched onto the butt of his assault rifle.

Essentially, his manifesto mimics the same kind of anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, and anti-leftist views expressed by the Norwegian right-wing extremist Anders Breivik, who shot dead 77 Norwegian students in what he described as his protest against Europe’s liberal and multicultural values.

<Modsnip off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
GTA police services step up presence around mosques after New Zealand shootings
"Police services throughout the GTA said Friday they are increasing their presence in and around mosques and other places of worship in response to the mass shooting at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand."
"While authorities in New Zealand were asking Muslims to avoid mosques on Saturday, police in the Greater Toronto Area quietly acknowledged they were increasing their presence around mosques ahead of Juma on Friday afternoon, the most important weekly gathering for prayer in Islam."

"In York Region, police assigned their helicopter, Air2, to patrol over Baitul Islam Mosque on Jane Street in Maple.

Baitul Islam’s imam, Muhammed Mirza, told CP24 morning prayers Friday were dedicated to the Christchurch victims and he hoped Canada would not suffer any more violence."

York Regional Police helicopter Air2 seen over Bait Ul Islam mosque in Maple on March 15, 2019. (CP24)

New Zealand shooting survivor describes the moment 'hero' friend tackled gunman, grabbed his weapon

Syed Mazharuddin was praying at the Linwood mosque in Christchurch on Friday around lunchtime when a man wearing protective gear entered and began shooting at men, women and children inside. In the chaotic moments that followed, Mazharuddin said his friend found the chance to tackle the gunman and disarm him.

"The young guy who usually takes care of the mosque ... he saw an opportunity and pounced on [the gunman] and took his gun," Mazharuddin told the New Zealand Herald. "The hero tried to chase and he couldn't find the trigger in the gun ... he ran behind him but there were people waiting for him in the car and he fled."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288