Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested to know why the Humberside Fire and Rescue search the park and pond at Oak road on the Saturday morning at 11.00 am why? is this normal or is it because on the Friday at 7 pm 50 officers and 200 trainee cadets searched Beverley Road, Inglemire Lane, Haworth Street and Cottingham Road. And this is when cctv was found at Haworth street. But it does not give the police a lot of time to look at the cctv from Haworth and ID it to be PR. But police do go back to Haworth street and search on the Monday at 3.30 searching drains & bins. I'm trying to work out when PR becomes an interest to police. Was the watching him for days before the arrest.

Not sure . But I'd presume the police would make it as clear as they can prior to release
Just makes me think if they can't getting any clearer and some people do believe its PR and LS they may think the same but cant say this so just asking then to come forward. To see if it helps.

@ChiCubs2016

"Anti-social behaviour covers a wide range of unacceptable activity that causes harm to an individual, to their community or to their environment. This could be an action by someone else that leaves you feeling alarmed, harassed or distressed. It also includes fear of crime or concern for public safety, public disorder or public nuisance.

Examples of anti-social behaviour include:

• Nuisance, rowdy or inconsiderate neighbours
  • Vandalism, graffiti and fly-posting
  • Street drinking
  • Environmental damage including littering, dumping of rubbish and abandonment of cars
  • Prostitution related activity
  • Begging and vagrancy
  • Fireworks misuse
  • Inconsiderate or inappropriate use of vehicles"
Anti-social behaviour - Police.uk

Thank you. In the US, a lot of these would have their own named charges, rather than being lumped in a general category.

Last edited:
Not sure . But I'd presume the police would make it as clear as they can prior to release

I’m of a different opinion. The police owe the general public nothing information-wise; this is not some crime drama that we are entitled to see each “episode” in HD.

There is enough on that CCTV for the people involved to recognise themselves, jog their memories and come forward.

If the police released CCTV that allowed the general public to more readily identify the people in question, they could be inundated with people making IDs which they’d have to work through which may not be the best use of resources. Furthermore, there is no evidence that these people have either witnessed or been involved in any crime so it could be argued that releasing images of them identifiable to the public is a breach of data protection/privacy.

Finally, there may be CCTV that does show them more clearly (and maybe the police have a good idea who they are), but if such CCTV was used, it could be viewed as prejudicial to any court case.

I know it can be frustrating but I’ll repeat again: the police’s objective is to find out what happened to Libby and if foul play was involved, to preserve evidence which adds to the burden of proof in any prosecution, not reality tv style titilation for armchair detectives.

I’m of a different opinion. The police owe the general public nothing information-wise; this is not some crime drama that we are entitled to see each “episode” in HD.

There is enough on that CCTV for the people involved to recognise themselves, jog their memories and come forward.

If the police released CCTV that allowed the general public to more readily identify the people in question, they could be inundated with people making IDs which they’d have to work through which may not be the best use of resources. Furthermore, there is no evidence that these people have either witnessed or been involved in any crime so it could be argued that releasing images of them identifiable to the public is a breach of data protection/privacy.

Finally, there may be CCTV that does show them more clearly (and maybe the police have a good idea who they are), but if such CCTV was used, it could be viewed as prejudicial to any court case.

I know it can be frustrating but I’ll repeat again: the police’s objective is to find out what happened to Libby and if foul play was involved, to preserve evidence which adds to the burden of proof in any prosecution, not reality tv style titilation for armchair detectives.

Absolutely.

There's a lot of assumption as to what the police have and haven't got in terms of evidence, based solely on the outcomes visible to the public thus far i.e. charges put to PR, and those which haven't been.

I also feel theres something "off" with the Oak Rd cctv. The first time i watched it i thought it was PR and LS, so much so it made my skin prickle, having reread LE accompanying press release i dismessed it as seeing what we think we see? Having seen the chatter again last night i feel uneasy about it once again, only thing been LS was wearing a skirt so her legs wouldnt have appeared black, that doesnt fit for me but still...

Sorry if my comments are out of place, ive been catching up.

I cant stop thinking of her family, 6 weeks they have been going through this now, i cant get her out of my mind, i cant begin to contemplate what they are going through. I pray that she is found soon and brought home to them.
I agree with you about the second person out of the 2 people walking together on Oak Road cctv. If it was Libby why would the person be dressed head to toe in black when she had bare legs not trousers. She was wearing a black denim skirt not jeans with nothing on her legs. The person from what I can see on the cctv has black trousers. She would not have had the opportunity to change clothes if she had not entered her home.

Oh bless her
Indeed
The question was asked on the last thread as to the point of this short clip and I agree it’s about potentially conscience pricking anyone with information and I’m also so glad they are releasing something all this time on as it shows they are still working hard. Does anyone think there’s any significance to its placement due to LS being in the passenger seat of the car I.e side profile /sitting height /black top etc for people who may have seen her in the car ?

Exactly this.

I agree with you about the second person out of the 2 people walking together on Oak Road cctv. If it was Libby why would the person be dressed head to toe in black when she had bare legs not trousers. She was wearing a black denim skirt not jeans with nothing on her legs. The person from what I can see on the cctv has black trousers. She would not have had the opportunity to change clothes if she had not entered her home.
If person 1 is PR in the oak road footage, person 2 does not have to be Libby in this particular shot. He may not have acted alone.

But there's nothing at all to suggest that it might be him, is there?
Beyond the actual footage? Not that I'm aware of. But lots of people have studied the footage and wondered whether it could be him and if it was him could it be Libby. Nothing precludes it being him. If it is him, however, it doesn't necessarily have to be Libby with him. I'd hope not after 2.5 hours.

LE do seem to consider this footage important. This is at least the second time they've mentioned it, probably third. This time they've added new footage of Libby as she was. To perhaps, prick a few consciences. So the people in it do seem to be considered important to this investigation.

Indeed
The question was asked on the last thread as to the point of this short clip and I agree it’s about potentially conscience pricking anyone with information and I’m also so glad they are releasing something all this time on as it shows they are still working hard. Does anyone think there’s any significance to its placement due to LS being in the passenger seat of the car I.e side profile /sitting height /black top etc for people who may have seen her in the car ?
I hadn't thought of that but it's possible. Jog memories of her being in a car.

Upon reflection

1) The pants that the smoker in the spider man video is wearing have been described as cycling or jogging pants but it seems to me that they could be Polish (rural/semi-trad) night-out fashion, as could be the unusual shoes with pointy toes.
"really tight pants for boys..."
Fashion and Style in Poland
"really really really tight tapered pants....pointy shoes"
What's currently in fashion in Poland?

2) The smoker in the spider cam video does look nervous, looking over in the victim's direction as they take out tabacco, just before sitting down.

3) The hair of the smoker in the spider cam video has a kind of tall/quiffy aspect, especially as the smoker sits down, which resembles that of PR.

So an opportunistic chat-up-gone-wrong on the part of the latter seems likely to me.

And anyway, I am too scared to Websleuth. It seems to me, only about myself, that I need to get (more of ) a (non Web) life.

1) The pants that the smoker in the spider man video is wearing have been described as cycling or jogging pants but it seems to me that they could be Polish (rural/semi-trad) night-out fashion, as could be the unusual shoes with pointy toes.

I can confirm that we don't get much of that around Bev Road. Sweatpants, on the other hand...

The lower half attire is very strange. Sometimes it looks like wellington boots over sweatpants, sometimes high top trainers with sweatpants, sometimes one shoe on and one shoe off, sometimes loose fitting cargo shorts over leggings, sometimes knee high socks... omg, it's actually impossible to work out what the bloke is wearing.

I'd have to disagree on that one but respect your opinion ...in this case they are desperate for more information and its likely they actually do want these people interviewed asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288