New Zealand - Christchurch Mosque shooting, dead & injured reported, 15 March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Zealand shooting survivor describes the moment 'hero' friend tackled gunman, grabbed his weapon

Syed Mazharuddin was praying at the Linwood mosque in Christchurch on Friday around lunchtime when a man wearing protective gear entered and began shooting at men, women and children inside. In the chaotic moments that followed, Mazharuddin said his friend found the chance to tackle the gunman and disarm him.

"The young guy who usually takes care of the mosque ... he saw an opportunity and pounced on [the gunman] and took his gun," Mazharuddin told the New Zealand Herald. "The hero tried to chase and he couldn't find the trigger in the gun ... he ran behind him but there were people waiting for him in the car and he fled."

Dear Tillicum,

Thank you for this information about how the courageous man interrupted the shooting and saved even more lives being taken.

In a split second, this man took the first opportunity to do this which must have been a chaotic and horrifying moment.

I know that hearing this, amidst such a horrific event, was really important to me.

Thank you for sharing this.

Australian man to face court this morning over deadly mosque massacre

None of the four arrested, three directly tied to the attack, were on the watchlists of New Zealand or Australian security agencies and their alleged movements and involvements during the shootings are still unclear.

"I can confirm that the individual who was taken into custody I have been advised is an Australian-born citizen," Australian prime minister Scott Morrison told reporters in Sydney on Friday.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the well-planned attack - the worst shooting in the country's history - would be treated as terrorism, and New Zealand's threat rating was moved to high for the first ever.

Any solid evidence that he had travelled to Pakistan last year?

The video is horrific especially the way he finished off the lady who was on the ground shouting for help at passing cars. The Morrocan beheading video was extremely horrific and it seems to have been an inspiration for him. It is becoming a dark phenomenon of the videoing and streaming mass shooting, rapes, beheadings etc.

Very dark.

I've been reading tweets that New Zealand continues to thank everyone from around the world for their prayers which are so meaningful to them at this time.

One bit of news which is heartlifting in the aftermath, is that the official Victim Support Group of N.Z. started a fund for the families of the victims.

There is now over half a million dollars donated to this. I would imagine that this will continue to grow from donors who are able to contribute to it.

http://www.victimsupport.org.nz/

Last edited:
In my opinion, the best of humanity shows itself whenever we treat others in a kindly and compassionate way.

Many times, after such an evil and hateful plan is carried out, people find their hearts softening towards others with whom they don't agree and do not like. It could be their culture, religion or anything but they are "different".

Even though people don't change their minds about what they don't like about certain cultures, religions, etc., there can always be the connection of humanity.

Every time we offer kindness or compassion, that, to me, is the greatest donation we can give. Perhaps it's because it comes from our hearts and not our minds.

In our hearts we share a connection.

Last edited:
Are there a lot of WN or WS in Australia?

Will the police in that country investigate to see if they have many more like this horrid man?

I thought Australia has very tight/strict immigration laws about who, and how they are allowed to come in?

I emigrated to Australia from the US 20 years ago. It is strict to emigrate here, but not more than the US.

Yes, there is a problem with white nationalism and white supremacy here. It wasn't as bad when I first came here. (I am not white, btw. I "pass" but in the US census, according to my ethnic backgrounds I do not "qualify" as white.) It has gotten very ugly over the past few years. The embrace of nationalism and hate from foreign countries has emboldened our local haters. Mostly people see them as cranks and anti-Australian, but now that nationalism and bigotry is the norm with bigger countries, we are being inundated. Happy clapper churches that own businesses and support these scum are gaining in power and promoting these nutbags. It's ugly. Sure, there was the ugly "white Australia" policy in the mid-twentieth century, but most folks have evolved and are enlightened... until this recent downturn.

We have some really fugly "anti-anyone non-white, anti- anyone non-christian" that have big fat yaps that won't STFU. Some of them have even left Oz only to be turned away by other countries for their hatefulness. They've come back, tail between legs, only to resume shouting at the terminally stupid who are their main audience.

The d-bag that committed today's crime in NZ was free to travel. No laws on him leaving. In retrospect, good. We don't want him. On the other side, we all feel awful that this living puddle of sewage went on to harm others in NZ. No reliable reporting I've heard yet has had this on their radar. He's a bloody embarrassment to Australia, along with his hateful views that we legitimate citizens abhor. He'll be kicked like a tattered football if he dare shows his smug, smarmy, potato-nosed face here again.

Last edited:
Heartbreaking. New Zealand is considered a safe country. My thoughts are with the families who have lost loved ones and I with those injured in this attack.

Tonight there will be a special report on German television about this massacre.

Shocking! This reminds me of the Paris Bataclan massacre in 2015 - a coordinated attack of people in a closed space.
I think you have a good point.

These attacks were not largely impulsive like the Pittsburg terror rampage where the terrorist was apparently confused by the interior lay out of the building and by the existence of different worship times for the different Jewish communities using the building. The result was fewer victims and more people able to escape.
The Morrocan beheading video was extremely horrific and it seems to have been an inspiration for him.
Prior to Morocco, ISIS attackers used live streaming in San Bernardino and Paris (though the San Bernardino attackers may not have been familiar with their equipment and thus were unable to actually broadcast the attack).

In addition, Mexican Narco groups have also created "ISIS videos" complete with super imposed flames, "inspiring" music, and staged confessions followed by graphic punishment.

Last edited:
From my TL on twitter:

Harjinder Singh Kukreja on Twitter

Harjinder Singh Kukreja‏ @SinghLions

After the #NewZealandShooting, the Sikh community of NZ are washing bodies, transporting families & bodies to the cemetery, digging graves & organising & distributing Langar (free food) to the people attending funerals. This is what it means to be a Sikh! #prayforchristchurch

D1tpWQiX0AAHmF8.jpg:large

Go, good people of this world!

Today I saw 4 people standing around a phone watching the video. They were facing me, I could hear the video. Apparently there was a longish intro of him driving and his guns. Then the shots started but none of their expressions changed. They all continued to stare blankly at the screen.

I asked them if it was showing people literally being shot.

They were like "yep"

I told them I was shocked that none of them were reacting and one said "it's just like you're watching someone play a video game" and another said "I work in healthcare, I've seen a lot of ****..." (unsure of the relevance there, if I'm honest)

Where is this world even headed if people are that desensitised to this level of horror and violence? I just don't understand.

I watched it...at least whatever 6-min clip was still up early this morning. I have to say that in a way it came across as a video game because there was no gore that you could see. Don't get me wrong, it was horrific to me nonetheless, but maybe not to others. It almost didn't seem real and I'm sure there will be conspiracy theorists who say it wasn't because of the lack of blood. I don't know what the first 10 min of the attack looked like (don't want to), but in the clip I saw, he was at his car reloading and then headed back in to make sure everyone was dead. He fired numerous shots at people who were dead or dying and it didn't look like what I would expect, I guess based on movies...?

I watched it...at least whatever 6-min clip was still up early this morning. I have to say that in a way it came across as a video game because there was no gore that you could see. Don't get me wrong, it was horrific to me nonetheless, but maybe not to others. It almost didn't seem real and I'm sure there will be conspiracy theorists who say it wasn't because of the lack of blood. I don't know what the first 10 min of the attack looked like (don't want to), but in the clip I saw, he was at his car reloading and then headed back in to make sure everyone was dead. He fired numerous shots at people who were dead or dying and it didn't look like what I would expect, I guess based on movies...?

How could there not be any blood? The blood was horrific in the photos of the aftermath of the Bataclan massacre

I cant speak for anyone else about Candice Owen's, but I've never seen her be divisive about anything.

Every time I've heard her speak she has been a strong advocate for AAs, and is always kind, and respectful to everyone.

She is the opposite of a WS. She is all about seeing AAs have all of the opportunities to excel in life.

Imo

She is a strong advocate for her own AA people. Not once have I ever seen her be divisive, and she certainly isnt in the corner of any hate group. She is for unity for all.
Jmo

RSBM. I agree! And this is exactly why he chose to mention her in his manifesto. He had specific reasons for doing so that can't be discussed here. I don't think he is deranged at all (which makes him all the more dangerous), every word of his manifesto was painstakingly crafted in order to spread his message/propaganda. IMO.

How could there not be any blood? The blood was horrific in the photos of the aftermath of the Bataclan massacre
Wow! My local news refused to show that clip ,but showed eyewitnesses with blood splatter all over them. They also explained that they had edited it as a lot of people in our area are still affected by the synagogue massacre. I refused to watch that video on Twitter last night,but people who did were begging others not to do so,because of the horror of it.

You must not have watched the whole video, or possibly you watched one that was edited. There was definitely blood, and the way some things happened in the video there is no way that it was faked. IMO.

CNN correspondent Anna Coren describes watching the video that shows the shooting. She describes it as one of the "most horrendous things" she's ever seen. It made my blood run cold just listening to it. It's beyond evil.

CNN reporter describes 'horrendous' shooting video - CNN Video

Agreed, JudgeJudi. If there is any doubt, the NY mosque shooting and Las Vegas massacre footage tells us all we need to know about just how unimaginably horrific and gruesome these acts of violence are. It’s mind-blowing. Those images will never leave me.

Maybe in the part you saw there wasn't new bloodshed due to the victims already being deceased?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe