PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakes, a river and a military installation all within that circle. Sheesh...

On the plus side, I based the circle on a straight highway shot. Taking back roads or a combination of roads shrinks that circle a bit.

Respectfully snipped.

If it had been ransom, no phone call or letter has ever been discussed by LE or MSM.

I was thinking one where Stouffer was killed by accident during a kidnapping attempt.

Would there be a motive to kidnap here, e.g. the kidnapper(s) could extort money from wealthy parents.

If it had been ransom, no phone call or letter has ever been discussed by LE or MSM.

3:50 to 5:45 is two hours. Subtract 15 min to load and unload and you now have one and one half hour, or 45 min each way. Averaging street, highway and back roads that should be around 45 mph max or 33.7 miles distance each way. That is not very far at all. I can work with this. Also makes me think she may have ended up in a dumpster.

I wanted to take the last paragraph separately.

It is hard to move a body from a crime scene and clean up the crime scene. I do not think Stouffer's was murdered in her residence. She could have died there from some other cause, killed outside, or was taken.

Lakes, a river and a military installation all within that circle. Sheesh...

On the plus side, I based the circle on a straight highway shot. Taking back roads or a combination of roads shrinks that circle a bit.

It is laborious, but you can use the Google directions and see what 37 miles from the house. For example, you can get to the Turkey Hill Experience in Columbia, but not further south. You could get to Mechanicsburg, but not any further. You can get to the turnoff for the Gettysburg Pike on Route 15.

It is laborious, but you can use the Google directions and see what 37 miles from the house. For example, you can get to the Turkey Hill Experience in Columbia, but not further south. You could get to Mechanicsburg, but not any further. You can get to the turnoff for the Gettysburg Pike on Route 15.

I agree. The actual search area is more of an ellipse than a circle. I was just giving a general range using the distance calculator on main East/West highway distances. North/South is another matter.

The volume of the disturbance in the apartment that triggered the second visit by LE (in my opinion) was Kortne being rendered unconscious or otherwise unable to fight back, or dispatched by suffocation, injection, etc.

Being rendered unconscious or or dispatched by injection of a controlled substance gives the actor some legal wiggle room as he/she can claim it was self inflicted if caught moving Kortne or her remains. I sort of like this scenario, however it would exclude the neighbor and the people she argued with at the bar. The spotlight would be on whomever was in the apartment with her. Without blood, the cleanup would be limited to putting disturbed items back in their place, but does eat up some of the available disposal time and distance to transport, and the actor would have to wait until he/she was sure that LE had left the area and that no one was out walking about/smoking/walking their dog/etc.

Respectfully snipped

The volume of the disturbance in the apartment that triggered the second visit by LE (in my opinion) was Kortne being rendered unconscious or otherwise unable to fight back, or dispatched by suffocation, injection, etc.

Being rendered unconscious or or dispatched by injection of a controlled substance gives the actor some legal wiggle room as he/she can claim it was self inflicted if caught moving Kortne or her remains. I sort of like this scenario, however it would exclude the neighbor and the people she argued with at the bar. The spotlight would be on whomever was in the apartment with her. Without blood, the cleanup would be limited to putting disturbed items back in their place, but does eat up some of the available disposal time and distance to transport, and the actor would have to wait until he/she was sure that LE had left the area and that no one was out walking about/smoking/walking their dog/etc.

There are some problems, which I'm sure you have seen:

1. Why didn't dog react?

2. Unless he was in on it, why didn't Cody(?) wake up?

3. How did the murderer get into the house?

Anything with drugs would almost require planning. Would a person using or selling some controlled substance "waste" it on a murder. If this is someone who got the substance specifically for that purpose, this would have to have been a well planned murder.

A general question, was there anything that is missing that could have been used to carry a body, e.g. a blanket, large container, or rug?

I listened to the podcast. Cody was polygraphed and has cooperated.

Okay, here are some questions:

1. Which neighbor called at around 4:20 AM?

2. When did Cody leave the house and did he leave the door opened? Was it open when he went for breakfast?

3. Was any carpet missing?

Interesting developments in Reading, just an hour west of Palmyra. Wonder how long this gang has been in operation and if their area of operation included or had ties to Palmyra.

Berks County drug gang blamed for homicides; 8 indicted

They were trafficking (alledged), but not necessarily in marijuana. One of the people that talked to the parents said that the goal was to steal a large amount of marijuana.

So my question is if Stouffer or her boyfriend ever involved with selling drugs, especially these other types that this group was involved with selling?

Since the house was not tossed, we can rule out wanting to steal drugs/money.

she did get tossed out of a bar because of a fight that supposedly had to do with a drug debt her boyfriend owed....this was right before returning to her apartment if I recall correctly..

are you sure thats why she got into the fight before returning to the apartment? I don't remember that..

she did get tossed out of a bar because of a fight that supposedly had to do with a drug debt her boyfriend owed....this was right before returning to her apartment if I recall correctly..

Yes, but the motive could not have been to steal drugs/money. The house was not tossed; her money was there. I'm not sure that the fight was because of a debt; I thought she blamed them for her boyfriend being picked up.

She blamed the downstairs neighbor for the boyfriend being picked up. She knew they called the police.

I thought she blamed this other couple as well. She was acting like she lashing out, which is understandable.

I replayed the "The Vanished" podcast. Stouffer thought the man at the bar, Arvard?, had previously burglarized the apartment. It wasn't a debt nor did she blame them for the boyfriend's arrest.

Someone else gave a tip that the someone wanting to rob the apartment reported the boyfriend to get him arrested and out of the house. She was the same person who claimed that she was tossed in the lake.

Is the downstairs neighbor the same one that gave the parents an odd look and was carrying trash bags out of his apartment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44