CA - Bakersfield 3: Disappearance of Baylee Despot & murders of James Kulstad & Micah Holsonbake #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you think the rest of Micah’s body would be?

I’m thinking someone had to be methodical enough to place just the arm in a duffel bag, weight it down, zip it up (I imagine), and drive it out to the river. That’s pretty well thought out, a lot of effort. Do you think the rest was disposed in the same way?

And just for discussion, if BD was murdered by the same person/s, would they dispose of her body in similar fashion? Or in another, equally organized way? How would you do it if it were you?

I'm torn between thinking they both have passed away or that they are being held captive. Some think BD disappeared for her own and her family's safety so I suppose that could be a possibility, though I don't personally think that's the case. People can have a missing limb and live. I know LE says MH was murdered but again, people can be tortured and live thru it.

And I think the motive for their disappearances would have a lot to do with how they get or got killed and disposed of. Perhaps if the major players in this case felt that Micah was stealing their money or negatively influencing their bottom line, maybe that's why he lost his arm? You steal, you lose your hand, you snitch you lose your tongue, etc. Maybe they wanted his arm to get found? People go missing (drown) in the river every year but they always turn up shortly after and everyone local knows this. Maybe they put his arm in the river, knowing it's going to get discovered, as a way to silence/scare those that do know more than they are sharing. Maybe they did it hoping that LE would declare MH dead and people would stop searching for him.

As far as for BD, if the same people took her, I don't think she will be or has been disposed of like Micah. Like another member mentioned earlier, there are people involved with connections to other places. I don't think MH or BD is here in Bakersfield. Some speculate if they will be discovered in another country.

I'm torn between thinking they both have passed away or that they are being held captive. Some think BD disappeared for her own and her family's safety so I suppose that could be a possibility, though I don't personally think that's the case. People can have a missing limb and live. I know LE says MH was murdered but again, people can be tortured and live thru it.

And I think the motive for their disappearances would have a lot to do with how they get or got killed and disposed of. Perhaps if the major players in this case felt that Micah was stealing their money or negatively influencing their bottom line, maybe that's why he lost his arm? You steal, you lose your hand, you snitch you lose your tongue, etc. Maybe they wanted his arm to get found? People go missing (drown) in the river every year but they always turn up shortly after and everyone local knows this. Maybe they put his arm in the river, knowing it's going to get discovered, as a way to silence/scare those that do know more than they are sharing. Maybe they did it hoping that LE would declare MH dead and people would stop searching for him.

Addressing what I bolded here. At one point, I did wonder if whoever was behind Micah's disappearance and murder wanted the arm to be found to send a message to all involved. I'm still on the fence about that part, but I don't think LE would've declared him dead if there were not proof of that. Even if there wasn't anything more in the bag containing his arm, I'm guessing the medical examiner could differentiate between a severed body part from a victim who was alive at the time vs a deceased victim.

(This is all just my opinion, of course)

Another thing we should consider is that those handling the case can essentially pick and choose what they release to the public. Our desire to know is trumped by the need to protect the integrity of the investigation, as it should be. I get the feeling they know a lot more than we think they do, but then again, that could be wishful thinking.

Great points. I didn't consider if the medical examiner could tell if MH was passed away before removing his arm but you are absolutely right. I hadn't thought of that. I'm sure LE knows more than they're releasing, which is fine. I also think there are people involved (not LE) who know more than they're admitting and that's who I suspect the arm was for.

Great points. I didn't consider if the medical examiner could tell if MH was passed away before removing his arm but you are absolutely right. I hadn't thought of that. I'm sure LE knows more than they're releasing, which is fine. I also think there are people involved (not LE) who know more than they're admitting and that's who I suspect the arm was for.

For sure!

I do remember reading something that LE was pretty sure MH was deceased, either based on the arm or other findings that they haven’t released. I think we’d all like to think BD was still alive but it’s unlikely. I think it’s human nature to think she’s alive and captive bc that’s easier than accepting otherwise.

But I keep thinking - the person who did this to Micah had to be really meticulous, very calm and really thought this thru. I think it was pre-planned, down to the small details - especially in terms of disposal. I think the bag getting discovered was their only mistake. But then I think, where would they have put the rest of him? Was he put in different places like a landfill, or buried? Would he have been in separate bags, maybe larger in size and also weighted down, dumped in a deeper part of the river? I mean, that would take a lot of work - and materials. It had to be a really clever mind to do this. I don’t think I’d be that rational to think it thru that clearly - but if I did, I’d probably use only what I saw on TV (thinking, Dexter) or desert as everything else has a high probability of getting discovered. Just trying to stretch my thoughts to think outside the box, but I keep getting hung up on this.

Please look up deaths in the kern river and you’ll have a great idea of just how strong that current is... do you know how many people doubt that Kern River and come down here and get in it and end up losing their lives? It is so underestimated ... It’s not called killer for just any reason
I’m certified diver. My instructor use to be with search and rescue and tol me that there are underground tunnels within the river that suck in bodies after swimmers went missing. Sometimes it coul be years before they came out. Also, I think the desert on the way to Vegas would be a place that’s really desolate.

I’m certified diver. My instructor use to be with search and rescue and tol me that there are underground tunnels within the river that suck in bodies after swimmers went missing. Sometimes it coul be years before they came out. Also, I think the desert on the way to Vegas would be a place that’s really desolate.
There was a body found out there recently, but I haven’t heard anything else about it

Are there easy access roads to the mountains or do you need an ATV?

I’ve always wondered about the leg and how it got in the lake, too. It sounded like it wasn’t in a bag (purposely hidden, I mean) - do you think it was put there by itself or carried off by animals who may have found the body in the wooded areas there? Sorry, not trying to be gruesome, just nagging questions in the back of my mind tonight...
There are so many places to consider that it’s hard to really name a few. Yes there are easy access roads to mountains, lots of hiking, lots of trails used by ATVs and motorcycles. No woods near the lake where leg was found but lots of open plain/farm land so theoretically it could have been carried to the lake by an animal, but I doubt it.

Growing up here, there’s ALWAYS been bodies being found in the lake for whatever reason. I’m a firm supporter of draining that cesspool and finding whatever lies beneath. The lake is eery because you can be out in the middle of it and still be head above water. Some spots are deeper but it’s not deep like a traditional lake. Finding just a leg tells me that it’s a hot spot for dumping.

The kern river has lots of secrets. “Killer Kern” for a reason. Bodies go missing in it every single year. MH arm being found there leads me to believe that he is there somewhere. It’s just so hard for search and rescue to really do a thorough search because of how complex the makeup of the river is. Combine that with the fact that the ARMY corps of engineers were letting out a ton of water to work the dam, and it just makes conditions that much worse. I think most people from here can say they, or someone they know has had a very close call in the river at some point. It’s overcrowded in the summer and has a very strong undercurrent that knows how to keep things suppressed.

If I’m LE I’m focusing on these people involved and trying to dig into their personal past as it relates to a few things: is anybody involved working construction? If so, where? Do any of them have military experience, which would give them an understanding of land navigation(which would fall in line with SW selling 2000 dollar GPS equipment.) that whole thing was very suspect to me as equipment like that is typically used for deep terrain traveling, which kern has a lot of. I assume LE has pulled MQ bank records, and hopefully with news of this new iPhone tool the KCSO is receiving, that will greatly help this investigation.

Again I just wanted to say sorry to Bakersfield 3 and anybody I might have offended or upset the other day with my mass suspicion and off base comments. They were all deleted, thankfully, but I’m close with a lot of people who continue to talk about this case and a friend of mine mentioned this thread in conversation. And I know I’ve put info on here that could possibly out myself if the right person read it. I don’t care about my own safety but my family is another story. I just got nervous/paranoid/frustrated.

There was a body found out there recently, but I haven’t heard anything else about it
The parts near Edwards AFB correct?? I remember when that popped up in the news but not much was ever said other than the mention of its discovery. Hmm...

The parts near Edwards AFB correct?? I remember when that popped up in the news but not much was ever said other than the mention of its discovery. Hmm...
Yes. The arm ( determined to be Micah’s) was found in August, but not identified until December. So I’m assuming if this will take as long....but then again, the leg found in buena vista was found before the arm and still hadn’t had an update besides saying it isn’t Baylee

Which is incredibly strange, but common I feel like. I really hope those found near EAFB are not related to this case. It would blow the doors wide open as it relates to search and rescue. But at the same time, it could possibly make investigations a little easier as now you have a longer paper trail (receipts, gps tagging, etc..)

If I’m LE I’m focusing on these people involved and trying to dig into their personal past as it relates to a few things: is anybody involved working construction? If so, where? Do any of them have military experience, which would give them an understanding of land navigation(which would fall in line with SW selling 2000 dollar GPS equipment.) that whole thing was very suspect to me as equipment like that is typically used for deep terrain traveling, which kern has a lot of. I assume LE has pulled MQ bank records, and hopefully with news of this new iPhone tool the KCSO is receiving, that will greatly help this investigation.

Again I just wanted to say sorry to Bakersfield 3 and anybody I might have offended or upset the other day with my mass suspicion and off base comments. They were all deleted, thankfully, but I’m close with a lot of people who continue to talk about this case and a friend of mine mentioned this thread in conversation. And I know I’ve put info on here that could possibly out myself if the right person read it. I don’t care about my own safety but my family is another story. I just got nervous/paranoid/frustrated.

I may have missed some posts, but I haven't been offended or upset by anything I've read. I do cringe at times, for the sake of the families who may be reading - especially the moms, of course. I pray for all of them, but I pray extra prayers for Jane. I just can't even fathom what this is like for a mom - the not knowing would be torture. I would have to be heavily medicated, and even then, I can't imagine how I'd survive it. I want the sadists behind it brought to justice yesterday!

In regard to the part I bolded, I totally understand where you're coming from. Just before you joined, it seems like we were suddenly bombarded with new people and I got a little paranoid, as well. I thought maybe those involved had gotten wind of the discussion here. I don't think we should let it deter us, though. It makes me want to be even louder about it and take away their "power".

Edited to add...while we are on the subject of our identities, I'm admitting now that my username is not my real name. My last name isn't Wells. I'm only sharing this info because I've seen several women connected to players/possible players in this case with that last name and I'd never want them to be blamed for what I post here.

Last edited:
Can someone briefly refresh my memory as to the GPS system on SW's SM? I just saw one on an older account related to all of these connections. It wasn't her account, though.

I may have missed some posts, but I haven't been offended or upset by anything I've read. I do cringe at times, for the sake of the families who may be reading - especially the moms, of course. I pray for all of them, but I pray extra prayers for Jane. I just can't even fathom what this is like for a mom - the not knowing would be torture. I would have to be heavily medicated, and even then, I can't imagine how I'd survive it. I want the sadists behind it brought to justice yesterday!

In regard to the part I bolded, I totally understand where you're coming from. Just before you joined, it seems like we were suddenly bombarded with new people and I got a little paranoid, as well. I thought maybe those involved had gotten wind of the discussion here. I don't think we should let it deter us, though. It makes me want to be even louder about it and take away their "power".
Agreed. There are so many people digging into these pasts, I hope MQ is scanning this site because I think we all know where he lives and who he associates with because of the research people are doing. I think about how Jane must be feeling all the time and I can’t even fathom her pain. If she reads this, just know that while I know nobody on here is going to solve this case(unlikely but surely possible) were all here in support of you and the other mothers, and pray this tragic story gets resolved.

As soon as I get paid I plan on purchasing full reports on some of the people involved, truth finder turned up QUITE A BIT on a few people. $30 a report isn’t cheap. I remembered yesterday that Ashton Kutcher runs a sex trafficking organization, I wonder if they do investigations as well???

I saw an ad that I'm pretty sure was for TruthFinder for a two-month subscription (or something like that, maybe 45 days) for under $50, I believe. I'm pretty sure it was unlimited searches?

Agreed. There are so many people digging into these pasts, I hope MQ is scanning this site because I think we all know where he lives and who he associates with because of the research people are doing. I think about how Jane must be feeling all the time and I can’t even fathom her pain. If she reads this, just know that while I know nobody on here is going to solve this case(unlikely but surely possible) were all here in support of you and the other mothers, and pray this tragic story gets resolved.

As soon as I get paid I plan on purchasing full reports on some of the people involved, truth finder turned up QUITE A BIT on a few people. $30 a report isn’t cheap. I remembered yesterday that Ashton Kutcher runs a sex trafficking organization, I wonder if they do investigations as well???
If it is $30 a person, I’d be willing to pay for one and post the results. Just let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member