New Zealand - Christchurch Mosque shooting, dead & injured reported, 15 March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Zealand Police @nzpolice
Work is continuing today to build a complete picture of the tragic events in Christchurch yesterday.

While the man is currently facing only one charge, further charges will be laid. Details of those charges will be communicated at the earliest possible opportunity.

The New Zealand police just tweeted that the 28-year-old suspect's hearing will be closed to the public "due to the heightened security risk."

Christchurch District Court will be closed to the public during the appearance of the 28-year-old man charged with murder in relation to yesterday’s attacks in Christchurch.

This is due to the heightened security risk.

New Zealand terror attack at mosques in Christchurch: Live updates - CNN
I think that's a good idea as long as his rights are preserved. There could be like minded individuals willing to try to free him in the name of their brand of hate.

"I am fully okay"

muslim daily @BirdsOfJannah

Message from Jordanian man who was shot 4 times along with his little daughter who was shot 3 times and in critical condition.
Please keep them in your prayers
2764.png
#Christchurch

Video of this man from his hospital bed.

LIVE UPDATES: 'Eerily calm' alleged Christchurch gunman faces court

How devastating for this poor man knowing that while he's okay, his little girl is in a critical condition. Prayers and hope for both of them.

Maybe the 2nd guy was responsible for the spread of the video? Posting/Editing content?
Any folk in NZ know what the max sentence is for this? Will be be remanded in custody?

I actually was wondering about that earlier. Who in the world would be the first person to share that video beyond the the evil monster who filmed it?

I actually was wondering about that earlier. Who in the world would be the first person to share that video beyond the the evil monster who filmed it?

One of the alleged shooters appears to have announced the attack on the anonymous-troll message board 8chan. There, he posted images of the weapons days before the attack, and an announcement an hour before. On 8chan and Twitter, he also posted links to a manifesto.

The person also live-streamed one of the attacks on Facebook. He appears to have posted a link to the stream on 8chan before carrying out the attack.

How Terrorism in New Zealand Spread by Social Media - The Atlantic

These days, all news is out there almost immediately. The genie is out of the bottle.

"I am fully okay"

muslim daily @BirdsOfJannah

Message from Jordanian man who was shot 4 times along with his little daughter who was shot 3 times and in critical condition.
Please keep them in your prayers
2764.png
#Christchurch

Video of this man from his hospital bed.

LIVE UPDATES: 'Eerily calm' alleged Christchurch gunman faces court

How devastating for this poor man knowing that while he's okay, his little girl is in a critical condition. Prayers and hope for both of them.

Dear JudgeJudi,

Thank you for this information and link to the @MuslimDaily

The account shows a video interview of a woman who happened to be on the street and was able to save a life. I found it very moving.

muslim daily on Twitter

Last edited:
MFATgovtNZ ‏Verified account @MFATgovtNZ 3h3 hours ago
Comments by Australian Senator Fraser Anning do not represent the views of New Zealanders. Fraser Anning is not a New Zealander and his extreme views are condemned by politicians in New Zealand and in his own country. Australia. #ChristchurchTERRORISTattack

MFATgovtNZ ‏Verified account @MFATgovtNZ 3h3 hours ago
Statement from Prime Minster Jacinda Ardern on the Christchurch mass shooting. http://tinyurl.com/y64scyty #ChristchurchTERRORISTattack

hnoq8EQK

MFATgovtNZ ‏Verified account @MFATgovtNZ 2h2 hours ago
At the request of Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, the New Zealand Flag is to be flown at half-mast on all Government and public buildings until further notice as a mark of mourning and respect for victims of the Christchurch shootings. #ChristchurchTERRORISTattack

MFATgovtNZ ‏Verified account @MFATgovtNZ 1h1 hour ago
1/2 New Zealand government authorities strongly advise against sharing the video of the Christchurch shooting. Sharing this objectionable video is illegal in New Zealand. The NZ government is working actively with social media platforms to remove this content. #Christchurch

MFATgovtNZ ‏Verified account @MFATgovtNZ 1h1 hour ago
2/2 If you see this video or any objectionable material online, you can help take it down by reporting the incident to the online platform it is hosted by. #Christchurch #NewZealandShooting #ChristchurchMosqueAttack

MFATgovtNZ ‏Verified account @MFATgovtNZ 16m16 minutes ago
1/2 MFAT advises New Zealanders travelling overseas that if you feel your safety and security is at risk we encourage you to find a safe location and talk to someone you trust. #Christchurch #NewZealandShooting #ChristchurchMosqueAttack

MFATgovtNZ ‏Verified account @MFATgovtNZ 16m16 minutes ago
2/2 You should report any threats to local police. Please contact the nearest New Zealand Embassy. High Commission, or Consulate if you need consular assistance. Consular staff can assist you to report threats to the local police if necessary. #Christchurch #NewZealandShooting

Dear JudgeJudi,

Thank you for this information and link to the @MuslimDaily

The account shows a video interview of a woman who happened to be on the street, and happened to save a life. I found it very moving.

muslim daily on Twitter

Thank you. This poor woman is terribly traumatised. I'm sure there will be a huge number of people who are going to need counselling, and it needs to be soon.

Thank you. This poor woman is terribly traumatised. I'm sure there will be a huge number of people who are going to need counselling, and it needs to be soon.
We have an organisation here called Victim Support which is free to victims of crime, including helpers and witnesses like this woman. Additional funds are being raised for this organisation via give a little (I think you guys have a different crowd funding site in the US), I just checked and donations are over $1m already.

muslim daily‏ @BirdsOfJannah
2h2 hours ago
The world should know his name. This is Naeem Rashid. He can be seen in the video charging at the terrorist as he tries to overpower him until he gets shot and goes down. He died as a Martyr today along with his son in #Christchurch.

muslim daily‏ @BirdsOfJannah 1h1 hour ago
His name is Waseem Al Sati

It would seem that the name in the first tweet was incorrect.

Last edited:
You're taking the LOL out of context. She LOL'd at the absurd suggestion that she is in any way responsible for the attack, NOT to laugh at what happened. Though IMO it probably was a little insensitive to include an LOL at all, though I realize she did not mean it that way.

Still, that is why she has some unwanted attention. Her response was about how she felt rather than the victims.

Another account of passersby who instinctively stopped to help:

Excerpt from news article (below):

"Eyewitness Carl Pomare was driving past the mosque with a co-worker when he saw people "running for their lives".

"The next second there was rapid fire. These people were being knocked down like ten-pins. I saw them being hit from behind and they were falling to the ground," he said."

"Mr Pomare and his colleague set up a cordon with another car and began helping the victims."

"We were in a group of about six people who just happened to be there at the time - all civilians helping these people who were lying on the ground fighting for their lives."

"Ambulances were unable to get to the scene until the area was made safe by police, Mr Pomare said."

"Mosque witness 'prayed for bullets to end'"

We will never know how many peoples' lives were saved by passersby and fellow worshipers - because the ambulances had to wait until the police cleared the area and deemed it safe for them.

The act of applying pressure to their wounds saved some people from bleeding to death.

It gives me chills to consider the outcome of more fatalities but for these "heroes".

Last edited:
We have an organisation here called Victim Support which is free to victims of crime, including helpers and witnesses like this woman. Additional funds are being raised for this organisation via give a little (I think you guys have a different crowd funding site in the US), I just checked and donations are over $1m already.

I'm in Australia. As far as I'm aware, each State has its own victim support site and all are easily found on Google.

As for crowd funding, the following may be the main site in Oz.

Mycause

We will never know how many peoples' lives were saved by passersby and fellow worshipers - because the ambulances had to wait until the police cleared the area and deemed it safe for them.

The act of applying pressure to their wounds saved some people from bleeding to death.

It gives me chills to even consider the outcome if not for these "heroes".

They are heroes and it's an absolute pleasure to acknowledge their brave efforts publicly.

The FBI is actively scrubbing its intelligence databases in order to identify any possible US-based connections to the New Zealand shooter, according to a law enforcement official who was speaking on background.

FBI headquarters is requesting all field offices review their case files and threat management systems for any subjects who may have expressed an interest in attacking religious institutions or may otherwise be motivated to conduct a retaliatory attack, the source said.

FBI management has tasked its field offices with proactively contacting informants who may be in a position to report on related threats to the homeland.

New Zealand terror attack at mosques in Christchurch: Live updates - CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member