The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also noticed Prince Charles’ hands for some time. My guess is his drinking has increased as he is under a lot of stress.

He and Camilla decided to stay together, I imagine at his mother’s urging. Can you imagine being 70 years old and still under your mother’s command?

Secondly, until he is actually crowned King, my guess is that is a huge worry to him. His mom could go behind closed doors and get the rules changed! Unlikely, but not impossible. He knows the Britons prefer William and Kate.

Charles still has the baggage of Camilla with him. Who knows what will happen once he is King? She is not going to go quietly unless given the title of Queen. Once QEII is gone, Camilla will not have to walk the respectful path she has endured since marring Charles. We will see a different personality. IMO.

My opinions only.

Certain kinds of arthritis cause swelling, too.

Arthritis would be the likely cause. Prince Charles publicly referred to his hands as his "sausage fingers". Not sure about the U.K., but here "sausage fingers" is what people call dactylitis. Arthritis can be one of the many causes of dactylitis.
He has had swollen hands for years. Considering the amount of injuries and surgeries he has had, it wouldn't be surprising that he has arthritis.

The Truth About Prince William and Prince Harry's Royal Household Split | Xfinity

Major changes are currently underway in the royal family! Queen Elizabeth II has agreed to "the creation of a new household," for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

Late last year, a report from the Sunday Times claimed that Harry and Prince William had been "considering a formal division of their joint royal household, which is based at Kensington Palace, and the creation of separate courts to reflect their increasingly different responsibilities."...

View attachment 174316 View attachment 174317 View attachment 174318 View attachment 174319 View attachment 174320

One's jolly summer holiday! Never-before-seen photos of a young Princess Elizabeth and her husband aboard author Daphne Du Maurier's yacht and enjoying picnics at Balmoral are revealed as they go up for auction

Candid never seen before photos of a young Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip go up for auction | Daily Mail Online

Love that one of Queenie standing with her hands on her hips and wearing sunnies - supercool, Ma'am!

Arthritis would be the likely cause. Prince Charles publicly referred to his hands as his "sausage fingers". Not sure about the U.K., but here "sausage fingers" is what people call dactylitis. Arthritis can be one of the many causes of dactylitis.
He has had swollen hands for years. Considering the amount of injuries and surgeries he has had, it wouldn't be surprising that he has arthritis.

I suggested that Charles might have gout that is a type of arthritis. Gout | Arthritis Foundation

I suggested that Charles might have gout that is a type of arthritis. Gout | Arthritis Foundation
Had a friend who was diagnosed w/ gout, fairly young, early 40's.
He was a heavy, heavy drinker. Alcohol and rich foods combined
can cause Gout. Charles's symptoms show serious circulation
problems.
moo.

Retaining water -- can be a sign of coronary troubles!

Edema - Symptoms and causes

I agree. They look edematous.

Edema
is a swelling, usually of the legs, feet, and/or hands due to the accumulation of excessive fluid in the tissues. ... Heart failure, cirrhosis of the liver, venous insufficiency, and a kidney disease called nephrotic syndrome are the most common systemic diseases that cause edema.
Edema Symptoms, Picture, Causes, and Drug & Natural Treatments

Her elaborate, star-studded baby shower in New York cost a reputed £350,000 and sparked a furious debate about its ‘Marie Antoinette-style’ decadence.

But rather than being put off by the criticism, the defiant Duchess of Sussex is planning a second celebration of her pregnancy – albeit on a much more modest scale.

A handful of Meghan’s most intimate friends, including Victoria Beckham, are expected to attend and the Duchess’s mother Doria will fly in from LA.

A source said: ‘Doria is coming to a baby shower here. It will be a small gathering of five or six people.’

Duchess of Sussex defies critics and plans SECOND baby shower weeks after £350,000 New York bash | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288