Still Missing CA - Noah McIntosh, 8, Corona, early March 2019 *parents arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Godfrey has a theory on what happened to Noah. He said Noah was born with his bladder outside his body, and that other birth defects caused Noah to sometimes wet his pants. Godrey said McIntosh “is a violent man” and that perhaps the burden of raising Noah caused him to snap.

“Did I think he’d kill Noah? I thought at one time he would kill the whole family,” said Godfrey, who during an interview would not refer to McIntosh by name.

Godfrey said he called Riverside County Child Protective Services a year or so ago, fearing that Noah was being abused, but caseworkers determined that there was no cause to take the boy away. Agency spokesman Gene Kennedy said Friday that he could not comment because of privacy regulations.

Godfrey said that if the parents felt like they couldn’t care for the boy, “I would have taken him back in a heartbeat” and that he believes that relatives such as he and his wife should be given a role in raising children when the parents are failing.

“If we would have had grandparents’ rights, Noah wouldn’t be dead today. Noah would be alive today and thriving in our household,” he said.

Grandfather of missing Corona 8-year-old believes Noah is dead – Press Enterprise

Just a couple of thoughts/questions here.
How can a school system let a child be home schooled just on the parents request? Don't they have to show that they can actually teach a child? Is there any requirement that school personnel must lay eyes on the child or test him every couple of weeks or so?
If the father is suspect as the grandfather believes , how come the sister and or mother, either of them have no knowledge of what happened to Noah? Are they that afraid of the father?
I am overwhelmed with anger and grief for this child that the system has let down. He had what sounds like a stable, loving home with his grandparents and that was taken away, how could that be allowed to happen.

How can a school system let a child be home schooled just on the parents request? Don't they have to show that they can actually teach a child? Is there any requirement that school personnel must lay eyes on the child or test him every couple of weeks or so?
If the father is suspect as the grandfather believes , how come the sister and or mother, either of them have no knowledge of what happened to Noah? Are they that afraid of the father?
I am overwhelmed with anger and grief for this child that the system has let down. He had what sounds like a stable, loving home with his grandparents and that was taken away, how could that be allowed to happen.

The system is so very broken. There needs to be a massive overhaul and until there is, we will continue to see these tragedies occur over and over again.

There is only a legal requirement to educate your children. There is no legal requirement to educate them in a public school setting. You don't need permission to put children in a private school either. The rules vary between each state. They vary between what ages the child must be educated and they vary in what education the parent has to have themselves to be qualified. Different states require different subjects. Most don't require more than a high school diploma. I have no desire to see ridiculous requirements like testing kids every two weeks. Even the public schools aren't testing the kids every two weeks.

The real problem here was why was this child taken from the grandparents who had been raising him his entire life and given to someone who contributed nothing more than getting his mother pregnant? The rest of us don't need our parental rights stripped from us because others abuse their children.

I am a friend of the family. There is much that has not been made public yet. This is very sad indeed. The grandparents are some very loving and caring people. The son in law is a manipulative brash impulsive aggressive man. The sister that has been posting is a wonderful sister to the family, she lives outside of California where this is all going down. I believe the details will come out soon, I am not at liberty to say. Just remember that the police keep much private until the time is right for the protection of the family and others. Please just pray for the family. They truly are awesome people. They never expected for something like this to happen.

There is only a legal requirement to educate your children. There is no legal requirement to educate them in a public school setting. You don't need permission to put children in a private school either. The rules vary between each state. They vary between what ages the child must be educated and they vary in what education the parent has to have themselves to be qualified. Different states require different subjects. Most don't require more than a high school diploma. I have no desire to see ridiculous requirements like testing kids every two weeks. Even the public schools aren't testing the kids every two weeks.

The real problem here was why was this child taken from the grandparents who had been raising him his entire life and given to someone who contributed nothing more than getting his mother pregnant? The rest of us don't need our parental rights stripped from us because others abuse their children.
I recognize I touched a nerve and I apologize. I was trying to make a point that a child can "legally be disappeared".
I was trying to point out the brokeness of the system that can be exploited at the expense of the child.

I recognize I touched a nerve and I apologize. I was trying to make a point that a child can "legally be disappeared".
I was trying to point out the brokeness of the system that can be exploited at the expense of the child.

Oh, dear, looks like we're adding Noah to the gallery. I'm sadly sure that Zahra, Adam, Erica, the 2 young teens in Georgia and all the rest welcomed Noah home.

I think the sister is already back with Grandma & Grandpa, do you?

JMHO YMMV

I'm used to the comments. They come up often. But I guess the lack of logic is what irritates me. It is very unfortunate how genuinely broken the system is. I think there are a lot of loopholes though. I mean I don't think even if you legally withdraw a child from school that they follow up to see if they are registered anywhere else. KWIM?

Basically every parent is just sent home with their children from the hospital (barring a home birth) and are just trusted to not abuse or kill or disappear a child. The youngest of children are most at risk and they aren't followed or tracked at all before anyone ever puts them in a school setting. Homeschooling is just a convenient excuse used by a few loser parents to cover up abuse. And I think becomes a scape goat when they abuse the situation.

In so many of these situations though we have had actual CPS involved and THEY make the stupid decisions that have put these kids in danger. Lots of kids were with good family members and CPS interfered and took them away and they end up dead.

I thought about this last night after posting. I have had a family member pre CPS with bad parents. They abandoned her one day when she was 3 yo with some family members/my ancestors. I'm trying not to get too detailed. They said they'd come back for her in a couple of days but didn't return for years. One day the mother showed up with a new husband and wanted to take the daughter out for the afternoon. She promised to return her. Instead she and her new husband actually kidnapped her and took her out of state. My ancestor tracked them down to a speak easy and got them rip roaring drunk. He had spoken to a judge in his state who said just make sure you get her across state lines and they won't have her again. So after he got them drunk/encouraged them to get drunk he took his niece from them and got her back home across state lines. Imagine if she'd been legally allowed to keep her daughter because the state believed that just giving birth to her gave her priority despite abandoning her?

I feel like it's a lot of rule following that hurts these kids at times. Instead of using common sense and gut instincts, parents who abandon their children and aren't around them for years are given them back. Any parent who abandons a child isn't really fit to parent even if they change their mind years down the road. There is something wrong with that parent. And the relatives who foster these children know this. But instead we have a system that decides having fathered or given birth to a child should put you at an advantage to having that child despite all your past horrible history with that child.

THAT's the real problem in my opinion. Not that we don't literally track each child from birth. Because even when we ARE supposed to be tracking children. Children who have been through the system they aren't really tracking them. They aren't making decisions in the best interest of those kids. And then they end up dead. They follow rules instead of making nuance based decisions based on each situation.

I am a friend of the family. There is much that has not been made public yet. This is very sad indeed. The grandparents are some very loving and caring people. The son in law is a manipulative brash impulsive aggressive man. The sister that has been posting is a wonderful sister to the family, she lives outside of California where this is all going down. I believe the details will come out soon, I am not at liberty to say. Just remember that the police keep much private until the time is right for the protection of the family and others. Please just pray for the family. They truly are awesome people. They never expected for something like this to happen.

I'm so sorry :(

If any family or close friends are interested, becoming a Verified Insider on Websleuths can be an invaluable resource for spreading the word about Noah. I've noticed that cases with an active Insider can have more engagement and keep people talking about the case (which is so important!).

Here are the steps for becoming a Verified Insider.

I think our social services system gives too much 'credit' to the bio-parents, as if that makes them the best guardians.

If someone abuses, neglects or abandons their child, they shouldn't be able to waltz back in and take the child from grandparents or aunts and uncles, 'just because' they gave birth to them. Giving birth takes a good effort but it is only a small percentage of what it takes to 'parent' a child.

The Turpin family in California comes to mind as those 13 children were off the radar of schooling, the car load of children in California whose foster parents drove the van off a cliff into the ocean were vulnerable as well. SP from eastern Tennessee whose adoptive father assaulted her for years was moved to a farm and home schooled as a way to isolate her. What other consistent presence is there in a child's life other than extended family or school, private or public, that can keep these kids on the radar so they are safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff