New Zealand - Christchurch Mosque shooting, dead & injured reported, 15 March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
D1vEC7NXgAcgW24.jpg

New Zealand Mosque Shooting Suspect Brenton Tarrant Flashes White Power Sign in Court

A Twitter account under the name Brenton Tarrant posted images of black rifles and magazine covered in white writing that matched the weapons seen in the live-streamed video. (The names were of people whose deaths he claimed he was avenging and of racist murderers whom he said inspired him.) And the metadata on the online manifesto listed the author as Brenton Tarrant. An 8chan post linked to both the manifesto and the Facebook page.

--
The rambling manifesto is titled called “The Great Replacement.” The name is a reference to the 2012 book by right-wing French polemicist Renaud Camus that pushes the conspiracy theory that Muslims are replacing the white European and French Catholic cultures.

The entire work is filled with anti-Muslim white supremacist vitriol with the clear intent that it would be widely read.

--
Tarrant’s Twitter account @brentontarrantprofile, from which he published his rambling manifesto was disabled shortly after his alleged shooting spree started. It was just a month old and had 2,018 followers and 63 mostly anti-immigrant tweets. He retweeted stories about white women’s low fertility rates and crimes carried out by Islamic extremists from underground websites and mainstream outlets like The New York Times and Daily Mail.

Tarrant said in the manifesto that he was traveling and “training” for the massacre for the past two years. He reportedly worked as a personal trainer at the Big River Gym in his hometown of Grafton, New South Wales, Australia. He helped disadvantaged children, according to the woman who once supervised him.
--

i would not be surprised at all if it ends up that this guy was a perfectly average mid twenties human being 2 years ago with little direction in life and a lot of "ideas" about how things should be that were formed by his own insecurities.

it is likely that he was a regular poster to 4chan /pol, 8chan, and some other awful websites we cant mention here. he was "radicalized" through his being able to voice his hatred there and find support and other people sharing their similar views. if you can stomach it you can go there right now and find people celebrating and laughing about the attacks, calling him a hero and saying how inspiring this is etc... this has been going on for years at those sites, openly calling for race wars, inciting hatred.

obviously all my opinion and speculation.

No connection, but found it interesting that an accused Canadian sk traveled the Middle East, seemingly enjoying the area and the people tremendously, yet returned to Toronto where, apparently he targeted M.E. men for murder. imo.

Wondering if the NZ perp was a guy driven more by blood-lust than anything else, wanting everyone to think that he was operating on some "higher, deeper mission" rather than admit he just liked the idea of shooting people including women and children?
Had he been rejected by a romantic interest in recent years?
speculation, imo.

I think it's clear what his motive is. I don't get why it's in question at all.

i think most of the people still questioning motive clearly havent read the manifesto, tho im not surprised that many would choose not to read it.

i cant imagine anyone reading through it and still being unclear what his motive was.

Wondering if the NZ perp was a guy driven more by blood-lust than anything else, wanting everyone to think that he was operating on some "higher, deeper mission" rather than admit he just liked the idea of shooting people including women and children?
speculation, imo.

I think it's clear what his motive is. I don't get why it's in question at all.

It's often a confluence of indoctrination and being highly dysfunctional and self-obsessed, I think.

my opinion - his manifesto is one of the most dangerous documents i have ever seen and will certainly contribute to more attacks.

and still i dont see how it should be suppressed, it needs to be studied and responded to. because it is already out there, people who want to find it and use it to justify their hatred will absolutely find it, with little effort.

It needs to be picked apart and ridiculed for its lack of logic and blind eye to the fact that if indigenous or aboriginal people hinted at such views towards their "immigrants", he and those that agree with him would be proclaiming themselves innocent victims right away.

Dear Otto,

I keep thinking of the following statement he made in 2011.

He stated he is a "monster" who needs a "goal".'

He posted this 8 years ago!

What are your thoughts on this?

I would like to hear everyone's thoughts.

"In 2011, in an online post, Tarrant wrote, “I am a ****** monster of willpower, I just need a goal or object to work towards."

Brenton Tarrant’s Parents: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com

In his manifesto, he seems ambiguous about whether he is a monster. My impression is that today he believes he will be viewed as a monster or a hero, depending on how history is written.

In 2011, he would have been 20 years old. A determined 20 year old with limited education, strong willpower and no life goal is probably not that unusual. It reminds me of the Belgians at the Bataclan, also aimless young men with willpower but no life goals. What they have in common is that they want to belong to something, but without guidance they gravitate towards groups with extremist views that give them a sense of belonging.

I glanced over the manifesto (I lack the patience to read so many pages of illogical hatred). I looked at the snazzy PDF version that Otto also linked. I was surprised to find such a slick piece of propaganda. Those of us on this site are reasonably logical folks and we are not subject to false premises in the way that the general population is swayed. We look for evidence, consider alternatives, etc. all in the interests of attempting to uncover injustices. I don't fear for any of us who might read this document. However, the general population can be easily manipulated by fears that are present in the media, whether justified or not. I do think this document is very dangerous. The illogic should be exposed, but in a way that does not inadvertently add to exposure of the disgusting aspects of the viewpoint. Perhaps everyone should have to take a course in racism. All this is very concerning, and I don't have an answer at the moment. But all governments should speak out strongly against these supremacist views.

Yup. He’s a loser, a nobody, and he hoped to achieve infamy through his act of terror.

He’s a somebody now, atleast in his own eyes.

I hope he doesn’t succeed in achieving his goal.

Who renembers the name of the Las Vegas loser? Not me.

Who remembers the name of the guy who invented the polio vaccine? Me. Who remembers the name Steven Hawking ?Me.

Last edited:
How will the donation money be used? Is it for funerals, children's education, investigation? I see there is a lost of donation money. Who needs it and for what?

The web has lots of info what it is like after being shot. It is horrifying. Not only the trauma but the physical destruction of the body which cannot be repaired. The body does not spring back to its original .

Some people are horribly disabled but alive.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Many many many times I have read on here and other places that there should be no publicity for these killers.

I used to disagree but now I see how it educates the next one. Time to end their days infamy

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. He’s a loser, a nobody, and he hoped to achieve infamy through his act of terror.

This is why we needed to read the manifesto. He said he expects to be forgotten. But without reading it, it'd be a reasonable thing to assume that he wanted to become infamous. Just shows how evil this guy is, wanting to perpetrate evil for the sake of evil, not even for his own fame.

Dear Otto,

I keep thinking of the following statement he made in 2011.

He stated he is a "monster" who needs a "goal".'

He posted this 8 years ago!

What are your thoughts on this?

I would like to hear everyone's thoughts.

"In 2011, in an online post, Tarrant wrote, “I am a ****** monster of willpower, I just need a goal or object to work towards."

Brenton Tarrant’s Parents: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com

I imagine at some point we will hear how he was rejected by women

No connection, but found it interesting that an accused Canadian sk traveled the Middle East, seemingly enjoying the area and the people tremendously, yet returned to Toronto where, apparently he targeted M.E. men for murder. imo.

speculation, imo.

I totally think it will be the women rejection.

He is a powerless little man.

I glanced over the manifesto (I lack the patience to read so many pages of illogical hatred). I looked at the snazzy PDF version that Otto also linked. I was surprised to find such a slick piece of propaganda. Those of us on this site are reasonably logical folks and we are not subject to false premises in the way that the general population is swayed. We look for evidence, consider alternatives, etc. all in the interests of attempting to uncover injustices. I don't fear for any of us who might read this document. However, the general population can be easily manipulated by fears that are present in the media, whether justified or not. I do think this document is very dangerous. The illogic should be exposed, but in a way that does not inadvertently add to exposure of the disgusting aspects of the viewpoint. Perhaps everyone should have to take a course in racism. All this is very concerning, and I don't have an answer at the moment. But all governments should speak out strongly against these supremacist views.

The suspect was chased away by a man with a portable debit machine. I think that says it all. He has monster willpower until someone has a chance to raise a hand, and then he runs like a coward.

Andre Brevik was found to be criminally insane, which is what he feared most. I think that the best way to ensure that no one aligns with manifestos written by Brevik and others is to ensure they are viewed as insane. Labeling people like Brevik and Tarrant as spokespersons belonging to an organized group is exactly what gives their words credibility.

This is why we needed to read the manifesto. He said he expects to be forgotten. But without reading it, it'd be a reasonable thing to assume that he wanted to become infamous. Just shows how evil this guy is, wanting to perpetrate evil for the sake of evil, not even for his own fame.

Maybe, but there's a lot of drama and victimhood in people who write manifestos, IMO...based on how he's acting in court, I'm thinking he was hoping for fame.

The suspect was chased away by a man with a portable debit machine. I think that says it all. He has monster willpower until someone has a chance to raise a hand, and then he runs like a coward.

Andre Brevik was found to be criminally insane, which is what he feared most. I think that the best way to ensure that no one aligns with manifestos written by Brevik and others is to ensure they are viewed as insane. Labeling people like Brevik and Tarrant as spokespersons belonging to an organized group is exactly what gives their words credibility.

They identify with their views. They think it is a conspiracy to suppress their views

Maybe, but there's a lot of drama and victimhood in people who write manifestos, IMO...based on how he's acting in court, I'm thinking he was hoping for fame.

he was definitely hoping for fame and to be considered a hero, he said himself he imagined he would be vindicated years from now (after everyone realizes he was right and kills all the invaders in their countries) and let of of prison and given the nobel peace prize...

If he had facts to offer to validate his views, then he could have run for office and argued to change policies. Instead, he chose to murder 49 people and wound and traumatize countless others, ultimately being chased off by a truly strong, brave, smart man who was able to save lives by carrying nothing but a credit card reader. This guy's a hypocrite and a coward, not some great intellect or warrior.

And yes, I read it. Not impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members