GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
The location IMO DOES or atleast COULD MAKE a difference

There is deep water in that location in the MIDDLE of the channel but the trees are not

then there is the question of whether she was found along the channel at the edge of th treedarea or say 5' from shore.........I personally would think that if she was found closer to the channel then someone WANTED HER FOUND.........and THAT can indicate as to a possible perp but thats because of my suspicions anyway

If she were found closer to shore OFF THE MAIN channel then with all the trees and such I would think LESS LIKELY To be found or not as obvious anyway as it seemed it was as passersby called it in

So either they were too sloppy to weave into the tree stumped area or didnt want issue (and Ive never been there but seen maps of this area) to dump her further from obvious sight or they thought she wouldnt surface OR.........they wanted her found

I dont think where she was found was so very deep though, not tremendously deep,I dont recall the water depth but i posted this waaaay back in the threads with a topo map of the lake and the trees if you can find it. I searched just now but no luck yet
I didn’t mean to offend you in anyway. I was not asking you this question exclusively. Perhaps other members have information on this topic they would be willing to share.

I said “Can anyone” I did not say “Can you, tennispro”

SS said she was dumped in Deep water (channel) which according to Lake Oconee Topo map is some 800 feet off shore. He also said her body was tangled up in some tree branches.

Either her body was located in the channel about 800 feet off shore or she was located closer to shore where the tree line is.

I don’t think tree lines “magically grow in the middle of the lake” but SS must!

Of course I’m working on a theory, why else would I be here!

Thanks for your help

FinePRint.........World Map of Fishing Spots, Reports, Buoys, Tide Charts, SST, and Businesses

type in 31024 zip code

zoom in as needed

find LONG SHOALS boat ramp above the dam, lake oconee

where the river splits, across from long shoals,the last bend, you'll see there is a stand of flooded timber

if that is where she was, she was not too hidden

THere are other flooded timber areas, but I remember it was where the river splits, it was NOT all the way down to the dam

I dont know how to send the link to that exact location

I didn’t just “come onto this case” I’ve tried my best to explain what I know. I’ve been following this case since July 2017. I feel like I explained it the best that I could and if you feel my contributions don’t help. I don’t have to post anymore. I don’t have time to come on here and engage in drama.

I’ll post my May Go Pro ride but I’m not going to argue semantics with people when so few people contribute anyway.

FinePrint may have been wondering if there was an access to that from land.....which was determined then there was not but who knows now......... Dont be rude, you just came on this case as well, sorry,didnt mean to be rude

It was in a stand of trees where she was found about 5 miles from their home, just past the last bend down river before Lawrence Shoals boat ramp..... I posted this many months or a year ago. IT can be found online Im sure or on WS, shows the water depts and trees......IIRC it was not as deep as was mentioned by SS but Im going from memory at this point...........its been a while I posted that

I posted a map upon FinePrint request.

FinePRint.........World Map of Fishing Spots, Reports, Buoys, Tide Charts, SST, and Businesses

type in 31024 zip code

zoom in as needed

where the river splits, across from long shoals,the last bend, you'll see there is a stand of flooded timber

THere are other flooded timber areas, but I remember it was where the river splits, it was NOT all the way down to the dam

I

i had a lawn chair under my dock for 4 years......current moves floating things on top but not so much underneath, I used a cinderblock to anchor my jet ski, it never moved but a few feet for years
To me that is a very important statement and one that should be further looked into. That exact thing that you have described in that particular body of water is really in my eyes, an extremely important finding.

Looking at all angles of the house at 147 carolyn, doesnt APPEAR they used ANY lawn edging, landscape timbers or blocks and I see no firepit........

Only unless ther was some on the side of the house past the front porch, farthest from the driveway towards the vacant lot and cove area........
If these murders were carefully planned, the perpetrators would have brought their own "red" cinder blocks (perhaps a builder of some sort), their own cutting weapon and anything else they may have needed. Since they didn't come to rob them, obviously killing them was exactly what they planned to do. Thus, it wouldn't be surprising if the red cinder blocks were brought to the scene and left in the boat/pontoon for tying to Mrs. D's body. MOO, just for pondering

type in 31024 zip code

zoom in as needed

Thank you dancing, this is exactly what I’ve been looking for for weeks now!! I really needed to see the depths.

Was it your impression she was found more towards the Long Shoals and Lawrence Shoals ramp side of the lake rather than the more eastern side of that area?

Thank you dancing, this is exactly what I’ve been looking for for weeks now!! I really needed to see the depths.

Was it your impression she was found more towards the Long Shoals and Lawrence Shoals ramp side of the lake rather than the more eastern side of that area?
Your welcome fine print... I remember it was told early on, green count, so looking at map on the right side of river, right after the bend about 5 miles at the split of the river above Lawrence shaols but past long shoals which is before the bend and that's where there is a stand of trees..... Tell me your thoughts

If these murders were carefully planned, the perpetrators would have brought their own "red" cinder blocks (perhaps a builder of some sort), their own cutting weapon and anything else they may have needed. Since they didn't come to rob them, obviously killing them was exactly what they planned to do. Thus, it wouldn't be surprising if the red cinder blocks were brought to the scene and left in the boat/pontoon for tying to Mrs. D's body. MOO, just for pondering
Must have kirkassoc! But I am leaning towards the beheading NOT planned since they tried to clean it up and used the Dermonds towels from bathroom, makes you wonder about a knife too..... That's what the investigation missed.... A missing knife

To me that is a very important statement and one that should be further looked into. That exact thing that you have described in that particular body of water is really in my eyes, an extremely important finding.
I was on the main river fine print and the that channel was not near as wide as oconnee and lots of boaters causing crashing waves on my dock and Sewall sooo, fact that she was in an area that probably doesn't get that kind of wave action seems important to me as to where she was found.... They tied her to the block with like 12 wraps of cording tho, as if they didn't want her found yet she was at the edge of tree line is how I enterpreted the finding of sd.... How deep was it on that map if on the outer edge of tree line, I don't remember now but not 20 ft I didn't think.... But why ensure she doesn't come off that block by tying so many times if they Did Want her found?

She was not found on the Lawrence Shoals boat ramp side of the lake. She was found on the other side. It's really hard to picture this unless you've been on a boat on the lake. I'm not great with directions or maps but I've got a photographic memory and that entire area is drilled into my head.

@Levi can you help us out and put this to rest about location.

Must have kirkassoc! But I am leaning towards the beheading NOT planned since they tried to clean it up and used the Dermonds towels from bathroom, makes you wonder about a knife too..... That's what the investigation missed.... A missing knife
And isn't it odd that they used the towels from the bathroom located near the garage and never poked around in or took anything in the house?

From the beginning I have thought the beheading was to get rid of DNA or gunshot evidence. (It was not planned.) To me, there are only two choices. Targeted hit: something to gain, personal, revenge, money, extortion. Or random - just some crazy lunatic(s) - think Manson types/cults. What else could it be?

It is possible both the beheading of one and the sinking in water of the other may be for the same reason. Both could be to hide DNA evidence.
Makes sense

But after they realized they had to behead him due to DNA in his mouth from biting the perp or from a bullet lodging in the skull (which could have easily pointed investigators in the direction of someone close to the family if they owned that kind of gun...arent there paper trails for gun purchases? better safe than sorry? ) but then they couldnt haul him off too with all that blood everywhere,

But the best thing would have been to haul them both off, then no one has a clue what happened to them

Or why not just leave them both, even if extortion, once one of them is killed, the game is over I suppose......

They ran the risk of leaving DNA evidence even further when they started the gruesome task, I dont know how they got out of there without leaving bloody shoe prints somewhere.........but guessing they went back through the kitchen to screen porch when they left, where the friends entered and the garage closes from inside

I think extortion is out of the question since extortion rarely happens all in 1 day. It's not like they pick the Dermonds out of thin air to extort and they certainly weren't looking for something worth lots of money since the house was undisturbed. Extortion isn't done with 1 interaction because nobody ever has that kind of money on them especially the elderly. If they were being extorted i'm sure they would have told someone about the 1st attempt unless it was family who was trying to extort them.

Robbery = No way

6 weeks til the 5 year anniversary and i'm hopeful SS has an update for us

Hi guys! Sorry for the delay in the new episode. Tricia's camera with video footage got lost at the airport (We think by TSA) and Tricia was announced as the new host of the "Sword and Scale" podcast... so a lot going on, but we should have an episode up this week! Again, my apologies for the delay.

Your welcome fine print... I remember it was told early on, green count, so looking at map on the right side of river, right after the bend about 5 miles at the split of the river above Lawrence shaols but past long shoals which is before the bend and that's where there is a stand of trees..... Tell me your thoughts
That map is awesome! I went over it pretty thoroughly and found that all areas of "flooded timber" which are on the opposite sides of the boat ramps (Long and Lawrence), east side had depths 10 feet or less and in most cases about 4 feet. Nowhere on the map in that area, even in the channel itself, around the Dam and 2 miles out is the water depth more than 30 feet. I have no idea what SS is talking about when he says she was found in 47 feet of water???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member