AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #4 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you LR1, especially about the part where you wrote, "would only work if you are certain your neighbor didn't hear gunshots." So even if the girls had decided to meet someone in a house near the Big Little gas station area or even if they had accidentally drove into a driveway where someone came out with a gun, the one thing that it makes me think is that the house has to be in kind of a desolate area. And gunshots make sound.

But here is the best part of examining this evidence. We know that J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett were shot to death in the trunk of J.B. Beasley's car. And unless the killer put the car in his garage before he shot them, where does the car have to be located at? Outside!

Do you see what that means?(when it comes to forcing two girls into the trunk and shooting them)

And for some reason he did not shoot them at the Herring Avenue location which always made me think the area where they were shot is larger than that desolate area at the south side of Herring Avenue.

But again it is all just a guess. Maybe the guy just did not care about what his neighbors heard or saw?

When you open the trunk on the type of car J.B. Beasley had(I think a Mazda 929?), did that car have a trunk light?

I'm guessing the Mazda did have a trunk light, it was a 95 if not mistaken. I went to check a late 90's car I have access to and when the trunk lit up as I opened it I instantly knew why you asked the question. You can't hit what you can't see. I'm slow sometimes.

BBM...Not necessarily "Tomboyish" if she had planned to shoot the two girls that night. She would have carried a gun with her. I think it is a very good possibility there was more than one person involved.

Excellent TedMac! Exactly what I was trying to gently lead towards.
It is my feeling, more than just that actually, there was more than a single actor in this crime. My reasoning, the whole scenario is too “clean”. The outcome to be found was well organized with minimal (as at least widely known) forensics, and to top it all two victims with the only known trauma were the GSWs.
It is just a lot of work to set up this kind of outcome by a single person and multiple victims, planned or unplanned.

From direct experience, I have been involved in two cases in years past that were similar and so “clean”. Both had multiple actors. Lack of an evidence trail just does not happen randomly or sheer luck.

I’m just trying to keep an open mind, but I still maintain that nothing I can see leads me to believe this was random. Nor do I believe there was a single perpetrator.

Last edited:
In my opinion, it was opportunistic and random - the victims did not know the perp - that's the main reason it remains unsolved. There was nothing in the investigation to link the murderer to these two girls. I do believe he was local and very familiar with the area. I also believe that after placing the car with the two girl's bodies in the trunk on Herring, he walked back to wherever he was staying at the time. The lateness of the hour and the lack of traffic precluded anyone seeing him.

Catmammy,

Unless former OPD chief is a total liar, I agree. In his interview with Ricky Stokes, Chief Tony Spivey said that OPD has eliminated hundreds of people through DNA and the profile is constantly being run through CODIS.

I doubt he is lying. If he said that in a MSM interview, and it was not true, someone would have called him out, MOO. One good thing... they do have enough of a DNA profile to run through CODIS, and we all know the genetic DNA databases were used to catch the Golden State Killer and others.

I don't know a lot about murder investigations (though investigations are a part of my occupation) but I do know that if they have a murder which appears not to have a motive, investigators usually try to systematically eliminate the people who are closest to the victims and work outwards from there. So it makes sense they would have tested all the people we have suspected. I wonder is anyone refused.

I Am SO glad!!!! This has been one of my pet cases since early on in the case.

I pray that they get justice for these 2 girls who never got to meet someone, get married and have families.

SO much was taken from JB Beasley and Tracie Hawlett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998