Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LastSeenWearing

Here is the same view as the Croda CCTV images of 'the four'.
Google Maps

Turn left after the green fence and follow it to the main road. Hope that helps clear things up for you.

@Newthoughts

There aren't really any derelict buildings in the immediate area. There's a Starbucks drive-through, though.

Or it just never happened.

It fits with the scenario that took place in my head, but I can't factor it into my thinking because of the source.
What scenario do you have in your head I am curious? Thankyou for the info re directions from the cctv Oak Road.

Are you willing to share the scenario in your head? Since you are local, I have thought your post are very reliable and meaningful. I have also wanted to discount the 15 minute park screams as I do not believe anyone would ignore them in the moment. I would have been on the phone with 911 (US) after the second scream. One scream may have shot me up out of bed but if there was silence after I would have thought goofy kids but if it continued I would not have been able to ignore.

Of course. There's obviously a lot of speculation, particularly locally where many people have got (in my opinion) carried away with ideas of human trafficking and Polish cartels), but I'm really of the belief that it's played out in a relatively straightforward way.

My theory - he didn't set out to kill her, but he did. Perhaps by accident.

I believe he's offered her a lift back to Welly to retrieve keys or suggested waiting it out in the warmth of his car outside of her house. I can see why people have suggested he offer to break into the house for her, but I don't buy it. He's not a master cat burglar. If you've ever locked yourself out of a student house and had to call the letting agency out of hours or pay for replacement keys, you'll know it's not cheap. I can't see LS, drunk or otherwise, consenting to someone else breaking a window or door on her behalf.

He sets off from Haworth Street, ostensibly in the direction of LS's house. At this point the car leaves the main road and CCTV coverage. What happens next, I'm not sure. She's either blacked out from the alcohol or there's immediate intent on the part of PR and foul play - I'm leaning towards the former. I believe he's seen an opportunity in her incapacitation and parked up in this area close to the entrance of the park, and only slightly down the road from LS's house:
Google Maps

Somehow, he's coaxed her out of the car and into the park.

It is a big jump from the crimes he's currently accused of to murder, so perhaps it hasn't gone quite like that. I think he's tried to sexually assault or rape her, and in trying to subdue her he's strangled or suffocated her, either killing or rendering her unconscious. He's out of his depth, he's panicked, and he's bundled her into the river - which wouldn't be an easy task as it's over a steep embankment. Then he's ran. I don't think he's spent any time with her body in his car, because it's just too risky.

Last edited:
Of course. There's obviously a lot of speculation, particularly locally where many people have got (in my opinion) carried away with ideas of human trafficking and Polish cartels), but I'm really of the belief that it's played out in a relatively straightforward way.

I believe he's offered her a lift back to Welly to retrieve keys or suggested waiting it out in the warmth of his car outside of her house. I can see why people have suggested he offer to break into the house for her, but I don't buy it. He's not a master cat burglar. If you've ever even locked yourself out of a student house and had to call them out of hours or paid for replacement keys, you'll know it's not cheap. I can't see LS, drunk or otherwise, consenting to someone else breaking a window or door in her behalf.

He sets off, ostensibly in the direction of LS's house. What happens next, I'm not sure. She's either blacked out from the alcohol or there's immediate intent on the part of PR and foul play - I'm leaning towards the former. I believe he's seen an opportunity in her incapacitation and parked up in this area close to the entrance of the park, and only slightly down the road from LS's house:
Google Maps

It is a big jump from the crimes he's currently accused of to murder, so perhaps it hasn't gone quite like that. I think he's tried to sexually assault or rape her, and in trying to subdue her he's strangled or suffocated her, either killing or rendering her unconscious. He's out of his depth, he's panicked, and he's bundled her into the river - which wouldn't be an easy task as it's over a steep embankment. Then he's ran. I don't think he's spent any time with her body in his car, because it's just too risky.
Would he then be the running man number one rather than the one in Oak Road cctv the one the witness saw from the house? Do you think he ran to his car and then drove home and would the car be seen at that time on any cctv?

Would he then be the running man number one rather than the one in Oak Road cctv the one the witness saw from the house? Do you think he ran to his car and then drove home and would the car be seen at that time on any cctv?

He wouldn't be the running man on CCTV, no. He'd have got straight back in his car - possibly seen by our possible witnesses, reported in something which is only possibly a newspaper.

Thanks for this photo it makes the area much clearer for a non local like me. When watching the cctv I thought oak road carried on along to the left where the four people were all heading but is it actually a dead end and the only way you can go from there is into the park?

The opposite. Going left from the CCTV takes you to Clough Road. Right takes you back towards Beresford Avenue and the park. There aren't any dead ends. I'll link you to my walk along the length of Oak Road in a moment...

Are you talking about this building?
Google Maps

It's the same in 2008, the earliest view available.

Yes, I am. It's the closest residential property I can see on satellite view and has cars in the drive so I reckon it's lived in. When @Strontium69 (I think) went down there he said the trees were bare enough to have a view of the park and the path. See what you think.

I believe he's offered her a lift back to Welly to retrieve keys or suggested waiting it out in the warmth of his car outside of her house. I can see why people have suggested he offer to break into the house for her, but I don't buy it. He's not a master cat burglar. If you've ever locked yourself out of a student house and had to call the letting agency out of hours or pay for replacement keys, you'll know it's not cheap. I can't see LS, drunk or otherwise, consenting to someone else breaking a window or door on her behalf.

He sets off from Haworth Street, ostensibly in the direction of LS's house. At this point the car leaves the main road and CCTV coverage. What happens next, I'm not sure. She's either blacked out from the alcohol or there's immediate intent on the part of PR and foul play - I'm leaning towards the former. I believe he's seen an opportunity in her incapacitation and parked up in this area close to the entrance of the park, and only slightly down the road from LS's house:
Google Maps

I think your account it likely the most probable. I believe any other scenario would leave too much evidence and more cctv footage. I was not sure about LS getting swept away in the river as it looks twisty but as a local you would know much more. I also do not believe killing her was part of the plan and he panicked.

Didn't mean it to be such a blunt posting of the headline, sorry. I meant to say , here it is.
Thanks okay its all good. :)
After reading what you have said I re watched the cctv Oak Road images. For some reason I don't know why I always thought the person closest and most well seen of the 2 people walking was a man in jogging pants but I have watched it again and feel it could be a tallish woman wearing a short black skirt, black trainers and with bare legs. The long strides remind me a bit of the long strides in the cctv footage of Libby on way to Welly as do the clothes. Though if it was Libby where on earth would she have ended up after this at 2.30am
Close up for you.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 70
He wouldn't be the running man on CCTV, no. He'd have got straight back in his car - possibly seen by our possible witnesses, reported in something which is only possibly a newspaper.
What about the running man the young lad saw from his house I think you said Claremont Avenue could it be him or would it be too far away and only possibly witnessed by someone actually in the park or on Oak Road path. I too think the most likely place Libby has ended up in is the river and swept away or I think her body or some evidence would have been found. I also think disposal wasn't planned so PR would have to think fast and shove her in the river and get away fast. He seems to have a way of being able to blank out his supposed flashing, burglaries as he is pleading innocent to them so far ( if he did them that is, innocent until proven guilty of course). If he can blank out flashing maybe he can blank our body disposal too.

Blue building to the left is a simple, prefabricated park keeper's hut, possibly with toilets and changing rooms attached, to the right (with terracotta roof tiles) is an old house - that's what I'm referring to.
Yes, I was looking at the former, which seems smaller in the 2012 image and there's also a portakabin, so I guess the current building is newer.
The house beside the car park appears to be occupied.

On Clough Road. Follow it on streetview.

You'd pass a police station to get to the river that way.

I'm just wondering if is Libby in the cctv and they are coming towards shall I say a less isolated place she must have started sobering up by this time 2.30am so why would she not suddenly run away towards Clough Road and scream near the police station. Maybe there was a weapon to her back but it appears the 2 people walking together are in stride and purposeful it doesn't look threatening. Of course if it is just 2 people out returning home then it wouldn't look threating. Strange creepy way to walk home but I suppose less frightening if 2 friends together.
I just have an idea that LE do suspect the cctv walking person is Libby and person with her is PR but PR has denied this and the cctv is not clear enough to provide positive identification so LE put out a request for all the 4 people to come forward in order to rule out it being Libby and PR if the actual people came forward. As noone has still come forward maybe it is looking more likely that it actually is PR and Libby. I havent seen it stated anywhere officially that PR was back home by 3am.
Having looked at Clough road on street view I cannot see PR taking Libby that way on foot. I know I'm viewing it on a sunny, busy afternoon but it's still a main road. And even if you turn in the opposite direction to the police station there's still a higher than normal probability a police car will pass.

If her friends were posting on social media by 1.12 I'm pretty sure they'd have called the police by 2.30.

Even without the risk if CCTV surely some of those units would have security guards. So you're taking a risk on Libby screaming.

I can't see that being Libby and PR. PR maybe

What about the running man the young lad saw from his house I think you said Claremont Avenue could it be him or would it be too far away and only possibly witnessed by someone actually in the park or on Oak Road path. I too think the most likely place Libby has ended up in is the river and swept away or I think her body or some evidence would have been found. I also think disposal wasn't planned so PR would have to think fast and shove her in the river and get away fast. He seems to have a way of being able to blank out his supposed flashing, burglaries as he is pleading innocent to them so far ( if he did them that is, innocent until proven guilty of course). If he can blank out flashing maybe he can blank our body disposal too.

If a running man was genuinely seen, it's entirely possible that someone on the park, Oak Road, or entering Beresford Avenue could be seen from the back of the houses on Claremont Avenue - shown here to both the left and right side of Beresford Avenue:
Google Maps

That's Stoneferry Road, and yes - they're 24 hours. It still seems like a stretch to get there and back in 10 minutes. At that time of night you're being served via a window, too, so it's not a case of grab and go.

On a bike, I would reckon five minutes there and the same back is reasonable (12MPH is a reasonable speed according to cycling websites or a mile in 5 minutes). It just is under a mile each way. He wouldn't stop for traffic lights and there would be no traffic to cause delays.

According to the website they close at 11, so he would not have to stop. Coming up the bridge might take a bit more time especially in the weather but not out of the question IMO. If it was just 1.24 and then the end of 1.34, it could be closer to 11 minutes... also could he have seen it was shut from the bridge and turned round?

If a running man was genuinely seen, it's entirely possible that someone on the park, Oak Road, or entering Bewitnessede could be seen from the back of the houses on Claremont Avenue - shown here to both the left and right side of Beresford Avenue:
Google Maps
If PR Was the running man witnessed by the lad in Claremont Avenue would LE have cctv of PRs car coming out of the park area and heading to his home? If the lad witnessed PR running at 12.30ish why do you think LE want the witnesses on cctv up until 2.30am to come forward or are they the only people who were on Oak Road path all night possibly. I wonder if PR didn't go straight home after disposal in the River rather loitering in his car contemplating what he had done and shocked and that's why LE want to speak to the people on cctv til 2.30am in case anyone saw him or his car hanging round

Seeing it close up like that it does look more like grey jogging pants than bare legs and more like a man than a woman. It looks like a white balaclava over the face cant make that out at all! Thanks for the close up
Has anyone any idea why the walking persons head in the Oak Road cctv looks so white?? It isn't a hat all the face and head is bright white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes