AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #4 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still completely dumbfounded at this news. Just like all of you, I can’t help but also think of CM’s family and the shock they must be experiencing.

I pray this arrest results in the answers the families of the girls have been waiting for for way too long. I am from Dothan and I can tell you people here and the surrounding communities are reeling from this news!

So relieved. Never on the radar but I’ve said from the beginning I believed the perpetrator walked home. I still believe metal detecting the woods will turn up missing car keys. Excited! Hope he cooperates...

So relieved. Never on the radar but I’ve said from the beginning I believed the perpetrator walked home. I still believe metal detecting the woods will turn up missing car keys. Excited! Hope he cooperates...

Good to see you @easongt was wondering if you were going to show up.

Hope @DimeDetective see's the great news!!!

I went back to look over my notes and thoughts on this case. I confess... it became so overwhelming to me that I had to distance myself in an effort to come back with a fresh perspective. I am so grateful this could be coming to a resolution. I think the people on this thread genuinely were here for all the right reasons. I have become friends with some of you. Keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome with the recent developments... but totally guarded not to get my hopes up too high yet. I have some plumbing work to attend to so I'll check back later today. A lot of people never gave up.

Interestingly I pulled up some of my old stuff. I have no idea how far off base my original beliefs will turn out to be.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/ozark-flow-chart-jpg.57064/
"So if he didn't know them... he HAD to see them at one of their stops... presumably the last stop. He would have had to over hear the directions and known where they where heading. Then wait for them and somehow stop them. Otherwise he got into the vehicle at the Little Big store. All this leads back to a local person. Like a broken record I sound... but I still think he lived/lives within one mile of the vehicle location."

easongt, Aug 17, 2014

List of accuses known addresses. If hes proven guilty I would be suprised if this was his first/only crime.
  • Dothan, AL
  • Ozark, AL
  • La Vergne, TN
  • London, KY
  • East Bernstadt, KY
  • Biloxi, MS
  • Ocean Springs, MS

I wonder if he saw them at the gas station and followed them and somehow got JB to pull over?

I agree @iluvmua, if he was a police officer or former police officer (his employment dates with the PD haven't been verified yet that I know of) he may have had access to a blue light. The family has always said the girls wouldn't have stopped for anyone other than an officer.

Someone mentioned earlier if he possibly followed them from one of their stops while trying to find the field party but that just seems to be too much work and I think they would have noticed someone following them especially at night on rural roads. Of course I could be totally wrong too.

From what I've been able to find it appears CM joined the Air Force right after high school, did 4yrs. Then came back continued to live in ozark until right after the murders. Looks like he either married or began living with his now wife in 2000 or 2001

Maybe my overactive mind but the (5) counts leads me to believe that there is more. I would think to track back to all of the locations he has lived and look for any other unsolved murders.

Can't wait until tomorrow !!

In Alabama you can be charged multiple time for the same death. It breaks down like this 2 for the murders alone, 2 for the kidnapping murders and 1 for the rape that ended in murder. Then you have the rape charge by its self.

Tomorrow will be interesting. I just don’t understand how this guy got in the car unless he snuck in at the gas station. I believe the camera at the B&L would’ve caught him.

I still think more information will come out. If a bulletin board of suspects was presented to me I just don’t see myself picking this guy out. Extremely odd that he wasn’t on anyone radar. Got to be more to the story and I’m not sure we will find out everything. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr