GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reading the email exchange between them there is definitely NOT a rebuffing of CW at any point in that exchange. She is feeling him out and letting him know anything they say or do together will be kept secret. That is done only to encourage it to continue.

Reading between the lines, if anything it sounds like she is thanking him for being "honest" about letting her know that he's a married man and his wife got pregnant. That exchange is shortly after the facebook video announcement. The email exchange implies that they have been in contact and flirting together long before the email exchange. "Thanks Nikki, Have a great rest of your day!" Even though we never met or talked before? Ha, ha, yeah right.

I'm no fan of NK, and I read the whole exchange between them, too. There's been discussion about the flirting that was going on between the two of them at work, but it doesn't it appear that they were engaged in a full-blown affair on June 12, IMO, and Shanann was still in town.

In her June 12 email, it appears to me that NK had learned he was married and had children, and perhaps he discussed this with her. In her email, she thanks him for his honesty and told him she was looking for someone to build a beautiful life with such as the life he had built with his wife, and his cute little girls.

There were obviously conversations that occurred outside of what we've seen. But in her June 12 email, she also states:

"I do believe in karma so out of respect for myself, you and your family I think its best if we keep our friendship at work".

She then states she keeps the conversations between them confidential and signs off.

Who knows? I read this as an attempt to rebuff or diffuse what was starting to happen between them. It might be possible that she was already in a position with him to state her intended desires of building a beautiful life with him, and he was willing to go along with that. IDK.

your post really hit a nerve for me.

shanann loved chris blindly. truly madly deeply.
she gave him a beautiful life filled with a magnificent home, a full family of sweet little girls and boys, holidays, family and friends on tap, uprooted her life so he could follow job security .

all she was guilty of was being amazing to him.
I hope he realises this one day.
what he destroyed and what he destroyed it for.
that is my only wish for him. to see this picture. and then live with that ...forever.
Beautifully written!
But he doesn't seem to realize what he has destroyed yet. How precious and extra special her love for him was. I also wish for him to realize what he threw away too, one day.

For now though, all he knows is that his belly misses her spaghetti sauce and her fried pizza.

I disagree. In her email to CW, NK stated she was looking to build a life with someone. If CW had previous sex partners, they could have been married, or in another relationship, or just had an agreement that it was only sex. He may never have been involved with a single woman before.

In addition, CW had never been left on his own for any period of time before this. He had five weeks where he didn't have to go home at night, and he had weekends to spend with her.

JMO

Well, remember that “sexy” Chris that women write letters to now was somewhat shapeless when he married Shanann. (She was the beauty, though).

Here is the YouTube video of Chris singing. And moving. I don’t know the song but am I right that he has no ear for music? Do people see his moves as slightly klutzy?

My point is - he was not that attractive. He was shy. And his day was regimented by Shanann.

And then, he lost weight, made a tattoo, he suddenly became “hot”. And then SW left with the kids for six weeks.

What a dumb stupid fool to treat swine like royalty, and yet treat royalty like garbage. He literally had it all. Most men would give any portion of their anatomy to have a lovely wife and beautiful children such as these.

In reading the email exchange between them there is definitely NOT a rebuffing of CW at any point in that exchange. She is feeling him out and letting him know anything they say or do together will be kept secret. That is done only to encourage it to continue.

Reading between the lines, if anything it sounds like she is thanking him for being "honest" about letting her know that he's a married man and his wife got pregnant. That exchange is shortly after the facebook video announcement. The email exchange implies that they have been in contact and flirting together long before the email exchange. "Thanks Nikki, Have a great rest of your day!" Even though we never met or talked before? Ha, ha, yeah right.

I think NK was not being upfront in that email she wrote to him, and that is was testing him, and playing virtuous young lady. I do. not believe for a second that she was letting him off the hook in that email, but "testing" him. That is not a rebuff, but a coy exchange.

She knew he was interested and that was just "playful banter" as far as she was concerned. It also was assertive enough to show him exactly what she was looking for. He was willing to throw it away for that.

I actually thought about the Michelle Carter "encouragement" to her supposed boyfriend as it relates to this situation, too. NK said that CW could not contact her at all when he had the girls because she wanted him to focus on the girls.

As selfish as she is, there is no way that I believe that this would be the reason. It would be more as a punishment for putting their little lives ahead of hers. She resented them for moving her to second place.

I believe that this was also a signal to Chris. She knew that Chris had already fallen for her (and her manipulation). So, she said this as kind of an ultimatum--them or me.

Why else would she be researching wedding dresses on Sunday night IF she planned on just dating Chris and insisting that he have "alone" time with his girls? It doesn't make sense to me.
i agree. His being around his wife and kids in NC sure didn't bother NK when she and CW texted back and forth all the time. This chick talks out of both sides of her mouth. I also think she was trying to punish CW. Basically according to NK, it's her or the kids!! CW made the wrong choice. CW and NK deserved each other. They both only cared about themselves. JMO

i agree. His being around his wife and kids in NC sure didn't bother NK when she and CW texted back and forth all the time. This chick talks out of both sides of her mouth. I also think she was trying to punish CW. Basically according to NK, it's her or the kids!! CW made the wrong choice. CW and NK deserved each other. They both only cared about themselves. JMO
Just really thought about shananns Facebook posts how lovingly she talked about their relationship and the kids. NK must have read all of these posts How could there be any doubt that Shanann was in love with him? NK is heartless

I think it might have been mentioned by NK in one of her interviews, too. She mentioned something about the ones he had being past the expiration date, but I don't remember the context of the conversation. I think she said that she always carried them around or she was surprised he didn't have any. Not sure exactly but it was in the affidavit somewhere. Imo
NK told LE that CW brought 2 boxes of condoms to her apartment. One box was open and one box wasn't. She looked up the expiration dates or package ID on line to see when they where made and expired. This way she would be able to tell if CW was still having sex with his wife. Seriously, who looks up something like that. She's just as crazy and wacko as he is. I truly believe that NK was extremely jealous of SW and gave CW an ultimatum on Saturday night. SW had to go!!!

I don't think there was anything NK said that was a "trigger," although I do believe his desire to start a new life with her influenced his decision.
He had already successfully distanced himself from his family in the weeks before the murder. He had no more emotional connection to them.
The only trigger, in my opinion, was the inside of Chris Watt's own mind. He practically said it himself when he suggested maybe there was something implanted in his mind that made him do it. Jmo
I don't think there was anything NK said that was a "trigger," although I do believe his desire to start a new life with her influenced his decision.
He had already successfully distanced himself from his family in the weeks before the murder. He had no more emotional connection to them.
The only trigger, in my opinion, was the inside of Chris Watt's own mind. He practically said it himself when he suggested maybe there was something implanted in his mind that made him do it. Jmo
As he mentioned "something implanted in his mind." It made me think back to the last interview , CW was real happy to throw NK under the bus. I was just wondering if this wasn't a dig at NK for some of the comments she made to him about SW. That it is his way of slyly letting her know that she is indirectly responsible for putting thoughts in his mind. Maybe an ultimatum from her or a deadline to get out of that house. Maybe he's playing/toying with LE and letting them think he didn't do this alone. Whichever, whatever, he is still a and deserves to rot in prison and burn in hell! JMO

Last edited:
All excellent points!! I guess we don’t know enough about her dating background to know whether she would have lost interest quickly, but I suspect so. I suspect she is someone who needs a challenge to feel excited in a relationship...and CW offered zero excitement with his milk toast persona apart from his situation. The speed with which she deleted her searches, texts, and allegedly told CW to do the same leads me to believe she had a savvy for knowing when s*** might hit the fan that someone a little more ethical and innocent of game playing in the past would not have engaged in, at least that quickly. She sure got out of dodge quickly...think about it, she distanced herself completely from CW before the Thayers...and this is the great, nice guy she supposedly loved. Even (if we are to believe CW) testing him to make sure his phone wasn’t in the hands of police that Tuesday. She has a very suspicious mind me thinks.

CW, ever the sick fool. SW was by all accounts a genuine person who actually cared about people. That just does not seem to be the case when we take a closer look at NK. I guess little did NK know she was duping not just a family man but also a dangerous sociopath into believing she was the only answer to his problems.
Excellent post! I agree.

As you mentioned "something implanted in his mind." It made me think back to the last interview , CW was real happy to throw NK under the bus. I was just wondering if this wasn't a dig at NK for some of the comments she made to him about SW. That it is his way of slyly letting her know that she is indirectly responsible for putting thoughts in his mind. Maybe an ultimatum from her or a deadline to get out of that house. Maybe he's playing/toying with LE and letting them think he didn't do this alone. Whichever, whatever, he is still a and deserves to rot in prison and burn in hell! JMO
Yeah, I think it's just his way of shifting the blame onto everything and everyone else but himself.
He said he looked up the lyrics to the Metallica song because NK wanted to know what the lyrics meant. I don't think he was trying to implicate her, it was just the only explanation he could come up with so LE wouldn't know what that song truly meant to him. He's not fooling anyone. Imo

Well, remember that “sexy” Chris that women write letters to now was somewhat shapeless when he married Shanann. (She was the beauty, though).

Here is the YouTube video of Chris singing. And moving. I don’t know the song but am I right that he has no ear for music? Do people see his moves as slightly klutzy?

My point is - he was not that attractive. He was shy. And his day was regimented by Shanann.

And then, he lost weight, made a tattoo, he suddenly became “hot”. And then SW left with the kids for six weeks.

I think I found the song, Hot Dogs, They might be giants. It is difficult to know for sure when listening to CW singing.

There's one thing that rings true to me about SW and CW having sex that morning, at some point in his Feb interview he mentions SW said something along the lines of "but what about last night" as if she thought the sex was a significant/positive thing considering he had rebuffed her in NC. That's a very natural and normal thing for her to say in the sequence of events as he described them. I'm not sure he has enough connection to human emotion to make that sentence up.

Yes. He was dorky and awkward his entire life before Shanann helped him get in shape. I don't think he ever dreamed he would have a sex- fueled affair with someone like NK. It was a huge boost to his ego. Imo.

Here is the YouTube video of Chris singing.

Lol... I enjoyed seeing that video. I have a couple of babies myself (avatar pics), and I find myself frequently dancing and singing to them like the dork in that video. I dance and sing because I'm happy to be their father, and just happy in general to be so blessed. The CW in that video doesn't strike me as a man seething with rage about his home life or with SW. But then, this was before he lost the weight and became 'hot'. The 'family man' Chris transformed into the 'hot' Chris, and he didn't know what to do with those new feelings. NK catalyzed the 'new' Chris and fueled his narcissism. He was crazy addicted to this and no longer related to his old life with SW and the babies. I don't think CW had the emotional intelligence to recognize the illusion of infatuation. Many men don't (been there, done that). But there is something profoundly missing in a man who sets himself up in an irresolvable situation and thinks murder is a way out.

Dave

Yeah, I think it's just his way of shifting the blame onto everything and everyone else but himself.
He said he looked up the lyrics to the Metallica song because NK wanted to know what the lyrics meant. I don't think he was trying to implicate her, it was just the only explanation he could come up with so LE wouldn't know what that song truly meant to him. He's not fooling anyone. Imo
It's a shame NK had been so dishonest in her interviews. Had she established some credibility, investigators could have had her confirm or deny this. Since her credibility is shot, that isn't really an option.

It's a shame NK had been so dishonest in her interviews. Had she established some credibility, investigators could have had her confirm or deny this. Since her credibility is shot, that isn't really an option.
Yeah, I don't think it would have even made a difference.
There was an overwhelming amount of evidence against him. I think they knew what the significance of the song was to him.
They were probably just as shocked as we were when we first saw it in the affidavit. Imo

the audio is too friendly in my opinion (especially the last 10 mins)...i think i understand why they're being friendly but this psycho prob went back to his cell thinking he's not so bad because he was treated so well. 'see it's no big deal that i murdered 4 people...the R's still love me and the cops are my new BFFs!'

when listening to her interview it jumped out at me how many times she said she didn't come between him and the kids (in so many words).
Like she didn't want to be accused of it or she was guilty of it IDK

Just really thought about shananns Facebook posts how lovingly she talked about their relationship and the kids. NK must have read all of these posts How could there be any doubt that Shanann was in love with him? NK is heartless

Yes, and can you imagine how infuriating it was for NK to read about all of the marital bliss with CW and SW? It had to motivate her to fight, and fight hard. Fight for this guy, let him know she, NK, was going to be number 1 or nothing. I bet NK HATED reading all of the wonderful things about SW and the girls. And now a new baby on the way...how threatening! She had to be stewing and letting CW have it. Driving him to do something desperate for "his new girl".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288