GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
the audio is too friendly in my opinion (especially the last 10 mins)...i think i understand why they're being friendly but this psycho prob went back to his cell thinking he's not so bad because he was treated so well. 'see it's no big deal that i murdered 4 people...the R's still love me and the cops are my new BFFs!'
Yeah, but friendly like a fox in the hen house. Strategic, planned, and effective.

Well, remember that “sexy” Chris that women write letters to now was somewhat shapeless when he married Shanann. (She was the beauty, though).

Here is the YouTube video of Chris singing. And moving. I don’t know the song but am I right that he has no ear for music? Do people see his moves as slightly klutzy?

My point is - he was not that attractive. He was shy. And his day was regimented by Shanann.

And then, he lost weight, made a tattoo, he suddenly became “hot”. And then SW left with the kids for six weeks.

JMO, I think being in good shape would have made him more attractive to other women, and I think he enjoyed that, but I don't think his weight loss and working out is what turned him into a narcissist and a psychopath.

JMO

I just thought of this and I don't know what it means. Did NK ever express fear for herself? Like omg he could have killed me, I'm so scared that's something I would think of if I was in a relationship and this happened to me
Or wasn't she scared because she was controlling him?

I'm no fan of NK, and I read the whole exchange between them, too. There's been discussion about the flirting that was going on between the two of them at work, but it doesn't it appear that they were engaged in a full-blown affair on June 12, IMO, and Shanann was still in town.

In her June 12 email, it appears to me that NK had learned he was married and had children, and perhaps he discussed this with her. In her email, she thanks him for his honesty and told him she was looking for someone to build a beautiful life with such as the life he had built with his wife, and his cute little girls.

There were obviously conversations that occurred outside of what we've seen. But in her June 12 email, she also states:

"I do believe in karma so out of respect for myself, you and your family I think its best if we keep our friendship at work".

She then states she keeps the conversations between them confidential and signs off.

Who knows? I read this as an attempt to rebuff or diffuse what was starting to happen between them. It might be possible that she was already in a position with him to state her intended desires of building a beautiful life with him, and he was willing to go along with that. IDK.

I see her emails as hypocrisy, lying and more lying. She wants a “beautiful” life, and yet she goes on to have sex with the father of the “cute” girls? She believes in karma? She has no clue what karma is.

According to the Dr. Phil interviews featuring Shanann’s parents and brother, they believe it wasn’t a rage killing and imply they believe it was pre-meditated based on the evidence and behavior of Chris leading up to the murder. They also hinted to the affair being the motive. The brother said he thinks someone got inside Chris’s head and told him they wanted to start “fresh” with a guy and Dr. Phil said “Why not get a divorce?” and Shanann’s mom said he wanted a life “without all of that”. Without naming NK, SW’s Mom discussed how NK googled Shanann months before the affair.

I believe them.

Given Chris’s lack of empathy, I don’t think he would emotionally struggle to commit a murder. He also wasn’t prone to bursts of rage in the past as he hasn’t no history of it. Chris had no violent nor aggressive history of picking fights, prior arrests, nor having DV calls on him. Everyone said Chris was a “Good guy and good Dad”.

Last edited:
I see her emails as hypocrisy, lying and more lying. She wants a “beautiful” life, and yet she goes on to have sex with the father of the “cute” girls? She believes in karma? She has no clue what karma is.

Oh, I think NK got served a mighty fine dose of karma!

She has tried to save face, but she will always been known as the mistress of a family annihilator with suspicion forever circling around her. MOO

Is NK still in the rumored witness protection program?

Honestly, NK would have to cut and dye her hair, legally change her name, and move to another state (or country) in order to have a chance at a normal life. Even if she did all of that, a background check would reveal she was NK.

People and employers who google her name will always be disturbed that she was the mistress that CW killed his entire family for.

Everybody googles now a days. Out of curiosity, out of boredom, out of whatever really but it doesnt make her complicit in murder unless you have evidence otherwise.

She might be a mistress but murderer too? I doubt it.

Everybody googles now a days. Out of curiosity, out of boredom, out of whatever really but it doesnt make her complicit in murder unless you have evidence otherwise.

She might be a mistress but murderer too? I doubt it.
I am not implying that at all. All I’m saying is that she’s going to end up living a hard life with this case always haunting her. Her fate could end up similar to Casey Anthony. I do not see how she can escape her name coming up in association with this case. Who would be her friend? Who would go on a second date with her after finding this out? Also, how are employers ever going to hire her?

Last edited:

She has tried to save face, but she will always been known as the mistress of a family annihilator with suspicion forever circling around her. MOO
If, as she has said, he told her he was separated and nearing the end of a divorce, it wasn't exactly the same thing as knowingly sleeping with a married man. Having been divorced, and having a very drawn-out separation (>5 years) due to my ex's conflict avoidance, even though it was done from Day 1, I had no qualms about dating while separated. On the flipside, I probably can't count how many men I've met who shaded or deceived or lied about their actual status. I think NK realized pretty quickly that he was nowhere near the status he claimed, probably read him the riot act, and he figured being a widower would keep her and solve any further financial issues from having to split assets in a divorce.

I believe in Karma. To me it means- what goes around comes around. Pretty simple.

Everything in our lives goes around and around endlessly. Even the moon, the earth, the sun... This is one reason I feel sad for bad people. Absolutely my opinion only.

My random thoughts on this case:
Chris is not emotionally mature enough to be married and have a family, plus he's rather dim. He was a bit of a dork and never had a serious relationship prior to Shanann. I think Shanann molded him into a husband and father but deep down he was still emotionally shallow and was just role playing.

I don't think Chris feels love. I think perhaps he feels familiarity (?) with Bella and Celeste but that's it.

I disagree with the Prosecutor that Shanann and CW's financial problems played a small role in this. I think very much that their finances played a major role. Chris is already separated from Shanann in his mind. He's already thinking in terms of divorce, selling the house house, child support, legal fees, rent for a new place etc plus how is he going to keep taking NK out on dates if all his $$$ is going to the divorce? I think money was constantly on his mind. They were already in debt as it was plus another baby on the way.

I imagine there are plenty of guys who would like her extra skills. I imagine 99% of Americans have never heard of her.

I for one hope NK cannot get away from this easily. If she had any knowledge of any crime at all, I hope she is charged. And even if she didn't know about the crime, she knew she was being immoral and messing with the lives of a woman and three innocent children, and I hope she pays.

Is NK still in the rumored witness protection program?

Honestly, NK would have to cut and dye her hair, legally change her name, and move to another state (or country) in order to have a chance at a normal life. Even if she did all of that, a background check would reveal she was NK.

People and employers who google her name will always be disturbed that she was the mistress that CW killed his entire family for.
She'd have to work on that distinctive voice . That is the real giveaway.

I for one hope NK cannot get away from this easily. If she had any knowledge of any crime at all, I hope she is charged. And even if she didn't know about the crime, she knew she was being immoral and messing with the lives of a woman and three innocent children, and I hope she pays.

At this point, it would give me a bit of satisfaction if she was charged with jaywalking, even. She just skipped through this a little too easily. Too smugly. Too greasily.

I do realize if not with her, he likely would have cheated with someone else. But I remain convinced she and that 111 minute phone call sealed that family's fate .

I would love to see her face consequences. And I *almost* feel petty for it, but not really.

If you torture yourself and listen to the NK interviews again, you'll see how consistently she contradicts herself, and also CW's stories.
I am trying to put the brakes on entertaining conspiracy theories, but I don't see that she has an alibi at all, and IIRC she texted with CW for 111 minutes in the evening before SW got home. (Please let me know if I am wrong on that)
After that, SW/kids are gruesomely murdered and desecrated.
I still don't think anyone else was actually "there", but it seems like he did a lot in a short amount of time.

I agree. The chronology in his "confession" does not make sense to me either. You are right..he did A LOT in such a short period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44