AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #4 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree killarney rose. The fact that one of the girls was raped was never discussed, it was only said that semen was present on the clothing/skin. However, the legal definition of rape includes oral rape as well so that would explain the DNA source.

I agree @iluvmua, if he was a police officer or former police officer (his employment dates with the PD haven't been verified yet that I know of) he may have had access to a blue light. The family has always said the girls wouldn't have stopped for anyone other than an officer.

Someone mentioned earlier if he possibly followed them from one of their stops while trying to find the field party but that just seems to be too much work and I think they would have noticed someone following them especially at night on rural roads. Of course I could be totally wrong too.

He was never a police officer from what i've heard.

Still, he could have purchased a blue light to stick on his car and pretend he was one.

Why would he only rape one of them and not both?

This is one of those cases I’ve followed for over 10 years; it’s near and dear to my heart. Perhaps I’m too cynical because I didn’t think this case would ever be solved. I’m thankful Tracie and J.B will finally receive the justice they deserve. I can’t imagine what their families must be feeling right now.

This is a reminder that evil often presents itself in the most ordinary ways...which catches victims off guard. This guy doesn’t look like the monster I pictured torturing and killing J.B and Tracie. He clearly flew under the radar...no criminal record, ex military, etc. I find myself also feeling sad for his family. So many emotions and questions.

I did'nt think this one would ever be solved.

I followed this case over the years and I am SO glad this is going to be over for good.

The Dothan Eagle article stated the suspect lived on Lisenby Drive at the time of the murders. The only street I could find in Ozark, AL is called Ed Lisenby Drive. It is a small street and there is a company called Southern Star on the corner. The street is beyond SR 123, but before 231 and I cannot figure out how the girls ended up on it if that is a possible locational area where they met their killer.

All the map interpretation in the world would not have helped me figure this location out or that suspect lived there at that location. I would never have guessed that based on what is currently known about the case.

I always thought either one of two things about the case when it came to locations: 1. The girls were not lost in Ozark, AL and stopped at the rest stop on 231 on the way back home and were kidnapped there or my first post where I thought this is a case of spatial disorientation and the girls were driving around the southeast section of Ozark before 123 confused and going round and round in circles before maybe stopping somewhere to either ask directions or just talk about what to do next. I based that theory on what happened to me when I was 17 and got lost inside a city.

The Dothan Eagle article stated the suspect lived on Lisenby Drive at the time of the murders. The only street I could find in Ozark, AL is called Ed Lisenby Drive. It is a small street and there is a company called Southern Star on the corner. The street is beyond SR 123, but before 231 and I cannot figure out how the girls ended up on it if that is a possible locational area where they met their killer.

All the map interpretation in the world would not have helped me figure this location out or that suspect lived there at that location. I would never have guessed that based on what is currently known about the case.

I always thought either one of two things about the case when it came to locations: 1. The girls were not lost in Ozark, AL and stopped at the rest stop on 231 on the way back home and were kidnapped there or my first post where I thought this is a case of spatial disorientation and the girls were driving around the southeast section of Ozark before 123 confused and going round and round in circles before maybe stopping somewhere to either ask directions or just talk about what to do next. I based that theory on what happened to me when I was 17 and got lost inside a city.

I always believed the perpetrator lived within walking distance from where the girls were found. And photographs of that area make it appear very secluded and in the middle of nowhere, but actually it's just a small area void of a residence in a very dense populated area. It was just always my hunch that had more than one person been involved... they would have been found in the vehicle outside of town and perpetrators would have used their vehicle to return. That was always my hunch.

Like everyone else I'm looking forward to learning the details. Most curious to see if a firearm has ever been registered in his name. Obviously the caliber would be a significance. Would be shocked if he still has the same firearm but it is possible he does or has sold it to someone.

The most surprising thing to me so far is that he is not known to have a long criminal history. I really thought that if this crime was committed by a stranger, this would not be his first time.

I realize that I'm speculating. It could still be revealed that he knew the girls or that he has committed additional similar crimes. This is so surreal to have this new info after so many years!

The most surprising thing to me so far is that he is not known to have a long criminal history. I really thought that if this crime was committed by a stranger, this would not be his first time.

I realize that I'm speculating. It could still be revealed that he knew the girls or that he has committed additional similar crimes. This is so surreal to have this new info after so many years!

Considering that he refused to give up his DNA in 99 for paternity and the fact that he's a truck driver it will not surprise me if he ends up being linked to other cases

Considering that he refused to give up his DNA in 99 for paternity and the fact that he's a truck driver it will not surprise me if he ends up being linked to other cases
This right here
690b42d3_spointing_above_100-100.gif
is gonna get interesting

one possibility, although I'm not placing a bet on it, is it there is multiple DNA from more than one individual. And they only were able to get a hit off of 1 of the samples. Of course they wouldn't publicize this I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member