OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! I noticed right away when I saw these earlier that they have "white dust" on them, they look like they were stored away. Is something not adding up? Good call. (Drywall from being hidden behind a "secret" wall?)

Since the tile work in that bathroom/sauna area looks fairly new, its likely there was some new drywall and spackling work done back there. Look towards the back of the photo and you'll see that new foil covered insulation that's often used for entrances to attic crawlspaces. We've used it in ours to stop drafts, etc. because it's somewhat bendy and flexible.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/reflectix-...MI6faH59OM4QIVgbbACh1K2ATREAQYAyABEgJKTvD_BwE

Since the tile work in that bathroom/sauna area looks fairly new, its likely there was some new drywall and spackling work done back there. Look towards the back of the photo and you'll see that new foil covered insulation that's often used for entrances to attic crawlspaces. We've used it in ours to stop drafts, etc. because it's somewhat bendy and flexible.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/reflectix-...MI6faH59OM4QIVgbbACh1K2ATREAQYAyABEgJKTvD_BwE

Wow..yes..that looks like it.

"According to the filing, Owen said the special prosecuting attorney believed the two bulletproof vests were used in the Rhoden homicides. But Owen argues that the date of manufacture on the bulletproof vests proves Wagner truthfully testified to purchasing the vests after the murders."

1. I wonder if there is something on the vests for the belief in the first sentence.
2. Are they saying they can prove the vests were manufactured after 4/22 and made it to eBay 15 days later?

"She bought both from eBay. The PayPal receipts show Wagner made the purchases May 7, 2016, which was 15 days after the slayings."

Pike County murders: Grandmother wants obstruction, perjury charges dismissed

The key phrase here is "Owen says". Unless Owens is offering up proof, I'll assume he's lying. If Owen is so sure of all this, why didn't he present some actual evidence of his claims about the state's evidence?

:rolleyes:

Thanks, but I'm just confused about why people are defending Jake and spending so much time discussing his sex life with Hanna, the mother of his child and the woman he brutally murdered, along with her entire family. None of this is really related to the murders - they were about custody, not extramarital sex.

It's important to stay on topic in the discussion here. JMO. Jake has been charged with having sex with an underaged Hanna. It seems pretty clear cut, it was his fault, according to the law. Not much more can be said about that.

Then I am going to do as I suggested in a prior post, and move past it. We all have to "own our words" *Tricia's saying*, so I am over it.

It's also important to remember we have moderators to admonish us, no poster here should be doing it IMO.

Last edited:
Somehow, it worked for people like Casey Anthony, though.

ETA: I noticed something about this photo in the PD article. It's being held by a man, wearing a suit coat. Is this Fred's lawyer? Is this evidence of him violating the gag order?

b04_11fredericka015b.jpeg
Lord I hope so, I can’t stand James Owen..

Who has proof? Sorry, but I don't believe anything Fred Wagner and her lawyers are pitching.

My thought was the state may have proof Fredericka did not purchase them online. They may have proof she or another Wag in fact purchased them in person. Video, witness testimony or something..
Note: This whole paragraph is an opinion/thought.

Who are you going to believe? A criminal matriarch of a family of brutal murderers or the current governor of Ohio and the entire Ohio attorney general's office?

Personally, I'm not taking the bait from Fred Wagner and her attorney. This is an old scam they're running, with a new twist on social media.

Articles in the news today

Rhoden murder pretrials begin again Wednesday - Portsmouth Daily Times

Very interesting that the Wagners are so worried about pre-trial publicity, yet are working overtime to do just that. More proof they are grossly dishonest people who have no morals or ethics. The Bible thumping is just a dodge for them. JMO
Is it possible that FW bought 2 bulletproof vest before the killings and they thought about what they did and got rid of those and bought 2 more clean ones to claim that is what they had all along after the murders.

My thought was the state may have proof Fredericka did not purchase them online. They may have proof she or another Wag in fact purchased them in person. Video, witness testimony or something..
Note: This whole paragraph is an opinion/thought.

Thanks, but we won't know that until the state presents their evidence. We shouldn't take the word of the defense attorney. Especially when he's just quoting stuff off the cuff and not offering any proof of his allegations.

Personally, I'm just curious about why those BPV's were hidden away in what appears to be a concealed attic crawl space?

Wagner family matriarch asks judge to dismissed perjury, obstruction charges

ETA: I'm assuming the state /Grand Jury caught Fred Wagner in a lie, as is alleged in her indictment. They found some bullet proof vests during a search of her property and she lied about them. That much we do know from her indictment and from the comment that AC made in court.

Purchase of bulletproof vests at center of charges against Wagner matriarch

By Sarah Hager | January 10, 2019 at 3:44 PM EST - Updated January 10 at 9:12 PM

Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk and Special Prosecuting Attorney Angela Canepa say Fredericka Wagner lied on the stand about the purchase of bulletproof vests found in her home during a police raid.

During the back and forth between attorneys it was revealed two bulletproof vests were seized by officials in May and were found in Wagner’s son’s room inside her home.

ETA: Sorry if this post looks messed up but I was interrupted 4 times with phone calls while trying to type it. Now I have to leave, back later.

Last edited:
This is incorrect... it says Jake fathered Hanna Gilley's child but it was Hanna Rhoden.

......FREDERICKA WAGNER'S ATTORNEYS GIVE ARGUMENTS FOR DISMISSAL.....
**********************************************************************************

In Friday’s filing to dismiss, Wagner’s attorneys state “the sole basis for both the obstruction of justice charge (Count 1) and the perjury charge (Count 2) was Frederica’s July 24, 2018, testimony to a Pike County investigative grand jury.”

According to the dismissal motion, Wagner testified she personally purchased two bulletproof vests taken as evidence from her house by agents of the OhioFace of Criminal Investigation (BCI.) However, the defense states Wagner testified she purchased the two bulletproof vests after the Rhoden homicides. The filing also talks about Wagner being confused as to where she purchased the bulletproof vests.

“Dismissal is sought because… prosecutors made several false assumptions about the bulletproof vests, and then presented erroneous information to the indicting grand jury,” the dismissal paperwork reads in part. “The irrefutable facts known by both the state and the defense do not support a violation of the obstructing justice and perjury statutes.”

Friday’s filing goes on to argue prosecutors falsely believe the bulletproof vests were purchased prior to the Rhoden homicides.

“Both sides now know that is not true. They were in fact purchased on May 7, 2016, 15 days after the date of the Rhoden homicides.”

Lastly, the defense claims prosecutors falsely believed Wagner did not purchase the vests online.

“Once again the irrefutable evidence now proves that she did, although she bought them from eBay not Amazon.” During her grand jury testimony, prosecutors say a confused Wagner did state she purchased the vests on Amazon.

It is not clear from filings what importance has been placed on from where Wagner purchased the bulletproof vests. The defense team claims the motive for the purchase of the vests actually came from Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader following the Rhoden homicides.

“Mass hysteria ensued in the days following the discovery of the killings, culminating with the church press conference by (Reader) on Sunday, April 24 where he warned the citizens of Pike County to ‘arm yourself’… On May 7, 2016, Frederica, then age 74, took the Sheriff’s advice and bought two bulletproof vests online from eBay.”

The defense filing goes on to say Wagner believed she had reason to fear for her family’s safety because of their close relationship with several Rhoden family members.

"................Little evidence directly related to the murders likely is to be presented during the (current) pretrials, but there are numerous issues which should or could be settled in the next month or so, in addition to Frederica Wagner’s filing to dismiss all charges. One other significant issue could be decided Wednesday, namely a request by the defense for Angela Wagner for change of venue moving her trial out of Pike County.

FULL ARTICLE HERE.......
Rhoden drama moves forward as one suspect seeks dismissal of all charges - Portsmouth Daily Times

I question whether Owens is using the expiration date on said vest, or the actual manufactured date which should be on warranty? BPV's have 5 years from the time they are made before they expire, which normally means NADA.

ETA:

The size label on a vest is very important. Not only does it include size, model, style, manufacturer's logo, and care instructions as regular clothing does, it must also include the protection rating, lot number, date of issue, an indication of which side should face out, a serial number, a note indicating it meets NIJ approval standards, and—for type I through type III-A vests—a large warning that the vest will not protect the wearer from sharp instruments or rifle fire.

Last edited:
That is just schematics. There is not much difference between a 12 year old and a 13 year old. Jake was an adult so it was up to him to walk away. Would you have sex with a 13 year old? If not, why not?

Adults don't place themselves in that situation because they have better sense. They don't allow 13 year old's to crawl in bed with them the same way they don't allow a 2 year old to stick their hand in a fire. Being the adult in a situation means just that, not allowing any children around them (whether they belong to them or not) to harm themselves.

It was all on Jake to say NO!! and go on his merry way. He did not because he is sexually attracted to children. A pedophile.

JMO

Most parents don't allow their 13 y/o child to date someone who is very nearly 18 y/o, either. Maybe you'd allow yours, and trust both of them alone together, and going on vacation together, but I would not.

I'm going to try and refrain from commenting, on this poor beaten horse, again.

I question whether Owens is using the expiration date on said vest, or the actual manufactured date which should be on warranty? BPV's have 5 years from the time they are made before they expire, which normally means NADA.

Or he could be just making stuff up, shading the truth to make it fit Fredericka's latest excuse. This is about the third different answer she's provided now.

1. First said she knew nothing about the vests
2. Said she has bad hearing and didn't hear the question, gave the wrong answer
3. Crafted a whole new story and timeline about the purchase of the vests, with no evidence to back it up.

Wonder what Excuse #4 will be?

Most parents don't allow their 13 y/o child to date someone who is very nearly 18 y/o, either. Maybe you'd allow yours, and trust both of them alone together, and going on vacation together, but I would not.

I'm going to try and refrain from commenting, on this poor beaten horse, again.

The charge has been levied against Jake Wagner. He will have his chance to defend himself in court. We'll have to wait until then to see what happens. Neither HMR or JW's parents were named in the indictment charging him with having sex with an underage minor, so they are not relevant.

Everyone is getting way off topic with this discussion.

This is incorrect... it says Jake fathered Hanna Gilley's child but it was Hanna Rhoden.

Only one mistake? I've seen worse. Facts are reported wrong everywhere about the Rhoden case. That includes Nancy Grace, Dr. Oz, and even local Ohio news stations. Now we have Oxygen coming out with a show and someone on here saw the previews and said some of their facts are wrong. I seriously think we should e-mail the media sources and ask for accurate retractions.

I think I'll let the posters on here critique the Oxygen show for me instead of watching it. The posters on here know more about the case then Oxygen does, the exception being if a family member is participating, but we don't know if that's the case.

What better way to increase the movie viewing (in six days) of the passions of the posters and readers here in this forum (both W and W non supporters) than to keep both sets of people fired up this week?

It works for CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News. If you notice, there are 2 groups of people with strong opposing views and it has exploded this week. I don't think that that's a coincidence at all.

I'm just going to try to not comment so strongly. I don't want the families hurt any further and maybe the forum animosity can hopefully stop. I believe eight people deserve better than this.

I regret that I have participated in this point and counterpoint game thus far.

I won't be watching the movie either. I don't like being played.

BBM

We are not going to watch either. It'll prob be some 1/2 done thing with a few sprinkles of truth thrown in for good measure. I feel bad for the families. I'd not want this done if I were them, but they couldn't stop it, from what I've read.

The charge has been levied against Jake Wagner. He will have his chance to defend himself in court. We'll have to wait until then to see what happens. Neither HMR or JW's parents were named in the indictment charging him with having sex with an underage minor, so they are not relevant.

Everyone is getting way off topic with this discussion.

That one single charge is the very least of his worries right now.

Or he could be just making stuff up, shading the truth to make it fit Fredericka's latest excuse. This is about the third different answer she's provided now.

1. First said she knew nothing about the vests
2. Said she has bad hearing and didn't hear the question, gave the wrong answer
3. Crafted a whole new story and timeline about the purchase of the vests, with no evidence to back it up.

Wonder what Excuse #4 will be?

I don't know what #4 will be, an early onset of dementia perhaps?? I am not into conspiracies before there is proof put before my eyes so I remain steadfast in saying... I will wait for the evidence to come forward. All I want to see is justice for the victims and especially for the kids wherever that leads.

The family photos (from the movie) should be interesting and telling. There are many networks that offer money for each photo.

Maybe we can figure out who cooperated (sold photos for money) with the network.

Whatever is said or shown might be used in the trials.

I think some of this kind of thing played out in the trials of Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias.

jmo

The family photos (from the movie) should be interesting and telling. There are many networks that offer money for each photo.

Maybe we can figure out who cooperated (sold photos for money) with the network.

Whatever is said or shown might be used in the trials.

I think some of this kind of thing played out in the trials of Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias.

jmo

Is the movie going to be like, a 60 Minutes, type format, of the family? Or is it going to be a movie that plays out, and shows up to the massacre? Then says something like, the jury will decide the facts, at the end. I just know I'll get madder than a wet hen if they make everyone look like inbred white trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee