Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #17 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borce Ristevski warned daughter not to trust police

Tammy Mills
11 hrs ago
It was exactly this conduct that chief crown prosecutor Brendan Kissane, QC, and barrister Matt Fisher said was of "such an extreme nature, extent and duration" that could be inferred Ristevski did intend to murder Karen.

If Ristevski did unintentionally kill her, prosecutors argued, he would have raised the alarm and "not bundle her into the boot, drive to a remote area, conceal the body and lie about the circumstances of his wife's disappearance to family, friends and investigators".

But Justice Beale said he found "much force" in the submission from Ristevski's legal team – David Hallowes, SC, and Sam Norton – that he feared killing his wife would attract a substantial prison term and cause "irreparable damage to his relationship with his daughter, with whom he was close".

Financial stress was a key piece of evidence against Ristevski. But it did not prove motive to murder, prosecutors conceded, though it could have fuelled an argument between the couple on the morning she was killed.

Ristevski's Taylors Lakes fashion boutique Bella Bleu recorded losses of more than $300,000 in four years. They also had credit card debt and a $715,000 mortgage on their Avondale Heights home.

But Ristevski's lawyers said the couple's financial situation would actually get worse with Karen's death.

"She was in effect the heartbeat of the Bella Bleu clothing business ... Her importance to that business was a motive for the accused not to kill her," the court documents read.

There was also no evidence of a physical fight, with no witnesses hearing yelling on the morning Karen was killed.

The couple had been married for more than 20 years and Ristevski had no history of physical violence, the court was told.

Both defence and prosecution used another notorious case, that of Gerard Baden-Clay, in their arguments.
Allison Baden-Clay's body was found on a creek bank in Brisbane's west 10 days after she was reported missing in 2012. Her husband was found guilty of her murder.

Ristevski's lawyers argued the lack of evidence of motive, physical altercation or any ascertainable cause of death distinguished his case from Baden-Clay. Baden-Clay had been having an affair and also had scratches on his face, which suggested a physical struggle with his wife.

Other than Ristevski's conduct after he killed his wife, there was no other evidence of murderous intent, and no jury could rationally exclude manslaughter, his lawyers argued.

Prosecutors said it was for a jury to decide whether Ristevski's behaviour afterwards meant he had murdered Karen, not for a trial judge to interfere with a jury's role to decide the facts.
Ristevski's behaviour afterwards, his lawyers said, was consistent with a panicked reaction.

On the morning on June 29, Ristevski did not switch off his phone until 11.09am, 26 minutes after he had been driving his wife's car and he did not switch of her phone until 11.40am.
"Further, there was photographic evidence of a couple of shovels left in the garage, which did not appear to have been used in any effort to bury Karen Ristevski," his lawyers submitted.

Ristevski faces a plea hearing next week.

Make sure you don't say anything … don't let … tell [them anything] that I spoke to you about, nothing at all,' he said, reported news.com.au.

The publication also reported Ristevski told a friend he went to Lalor, a suburb of Melbourne, the morning his wife went missing - a claim he failed to mention to police.
Borce Ristevski's chilling phone conversations when his wife's body was found unveil his web of lies | Daily Mail Online

Lalor is in the vicinity of BR's brother's home.
??Meeting.
MOO.

An edit: wonder if KR's bag, purse etc also went to Lalor.
As it is stated BR's shovels were fine, what about his brother's: now easily cleaned, or disposed.
MOO.

Last edited:
BBUU5XZ.img

Borce Ristevski had 'no financial incentive' to kill wife, court told, as his lawyer pushes for charge downgrade
25 Jul 2018 ABC NEWS
If it could have been proven that KR was going to leave BR shortly following SR's 21st then I believe that could be classed as a financial incentive. If the Court case went ahead I think there could have been strong proof to show that the above eg KR leaving was a true fact and both BR and SR were well aware of this.

C3BB75B4-4F9F-4185-8A2E-E4E659BAAF51.jpeg

Getting back to “Did you kill your wife Borce?”

I still believe Borce and possibly Sarah gave an ultimatum that they would go to the public plea only if they weren’t asked any questions. Aunt Pat was the allocated mouthpiece, Sarah stood shaking her head ‘no, no don’t ask’ and BR acted like a piece of sandstone until someone had the audacity to point a question at BR.
‘how dare you break the deal I made.

“Did you kill your wife Borce?” LOL still a classic!

Last edited:
I’m sure Borce thought there was some financial incentive. Maybe it was an old super fund that at one point held life insurance within ....perhaps it turned out not be valid due to no super contributions for x period of time (as with 80,000 credit card debt no self employed person could afford to make super contributions) I do think he thought there was some financial incentive. I think he had thought about possibly killing her for some time. When he started this new company Karen was not involved in it, only him and Sarah. Maybe he opened the new company with intent to make warrant brands bankrupt or ensure when he killed Karen he would still be able to access the money in the new company. I think he was planning on waiting longer and getting things more organised - ie new business not in debt and checking life insurance etc before he killed her but something set him off earlier and he simply couldn’t wait

Hi Curious I betcha when he was shuffling the businesses around he would’ve upped Karen’s life insurance or made sure she was fully covered. Some insurances have mortgage cover... just in case.
I guess if Sarah is innocent and she is the beneficiary she’d still get it even though dear old dad did it.

Hi Curious I betcha when he was shuffling the businesses around he would’ve upped Karen’s life insurance or made sure she was fully covered. Some insurances have mortgage cover... just in case.
I guess if Sarah is innocent and she is the beneficiary she’d still get it even though dear old dad did it.
If there was a valid policy though this would easily have been used as motive surely ?

35B8CC3C-B366-4A6F-BCEC-2CAC5D0D4BAC.jpeg
Over BR’s left shoulder Missing Person’s Squad Detective Stephen Dennis watches closely.

If Borce Ristevski wasn’t officially a suspect before that, he was after.

The cop who saw through a wife-killer’s lies

There was a public plea in America where the boyfriend was the murderer, her parents knew it was him and so did the police but they wanted to study his body language under pressure. He had guilty written all over him!

Last edited:
“Juries bring the values, standards and expectations of our community into the court room, contributing in a significant way to the administration of justice in Victoria.” From juries vic gov au

Instead now this case is left with 1 person (judge) deciding motive, sentencing. His decision re post conduct evidence has already changed this from murder to manslaughter and he knew it would. None of this manslaughter case will be shocking to him as he is used to it ... in fact it probably in his eyes isn’t that horrific compared to other cases he has heard .... this all should have been left to a jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong