Identified! TX - male in Maserati, officer shooting, 17 Mar 2019 - Isaiah Hutchinson

CrimeDawg123

Reaction score
AUSTIN (KXAN) — Austin police confirmed that a Maserati found in east Austin with a man's body inside is connected to the officer-involved shooting that happened Sunday morning.

Police said they responded to the intersection of Zach Scott Street and Tilley Street just before noon. The intersection is in the Mueller neighborhood just north of Morris Williams Golf Course.

They said the body of a 20-year-old man's clothing matches the description of one of the occupants of the Maserati from the shooting that happened just after 3 a.m. near I-35 and Seventh Street.

The man has not yet been identified.

Police are still looking for the two other occupants of the Maserati, plus the driver of a dark colored Chevrolet Monte Carlo with light colored racing stripes downt the center. The car should have collision damage on its right front corner panel.

Body found inside Maserati in Mueller after officer-involved shooting

Two cars involved? Could this involve street racing? Sorry, I haven't read too much so far and this is the very first thought that entered my mind. I'll keep reading.

Two cars involved? Could this involve street racing? Sorry, I haven't read too much so far and this is the very first thought that entered my mind. I'll keep reading.
Yes, two cars but they weren't street racing. They had a fender bender, a guy from the Masarati got out and confronted the other car who pulled out a gun, so the Maserati guys pulled guns, then the cops - who were right there due to SXSW - came running and shooting. All hell broke loose and the cars took off. Now they found the Maserati with a dead guy in it.
Body found in Maserati after Downtown Austin shootings overnight

Yes, two cars but they weren't street racing. They had a fender bender, a guy from the Masarati got out and confronted the other car who pulled out a gun, so the Maserati guys pulled guns, then the cops - who were right there due to SXSW - came running and shooting. All hell broke loose and the cars took off. Now they found the Maserati with a dead guy in it.
Body found in Maserati after Downtown Austin shootings overnight

I assume SXSW is the South by Southwest mentioned in the article--is it a club?

APD still has issued no statement explaining who the dead man is or how he ended up that way, or even if the public is in danger. They've issued no further statements about the other vehicle either. To me IMO this probably means that APD shot him as opposed to someone in the Monte Carlo shooting him. Surely there is surveillance video of the incident given it happened at such a busy intersection? This is pretty outrageous that here it is Monday and Austin is just - meh - business as usual. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back