Identified! AZ - Coconino Co, 'Valentine Sally' WhtFem 585UFAZ, 14-19, along I-40, Feb'82 -Carolyn Celeste Eaton

Any new updates on Valentine Sally such as being on the considered list for the DNA Doe Project - this thread has been silent for the past 6 months.....

It's all good carbuff. :loveyou:
Since I'm not familiar with this case really, did Valentine Sally have protruding teeth? The initial sketch made her kind of look like she did.
If she did, this is still a long shot, but...Pamela Harvey from Canada .
Canada's Missing | Case details
Missing Dec. 18, 1978
Sudbury, Ont.
23 years old
5' 6"
123 lbs.
Blonde Hair (long)
Brown Eyes
attachment.php

Interesting that they say she had blonde hair but it looks very dark in the photo. I wonder if she died it dark? She does resemble the decedent quite closely.

Interesting that they say she had blonde hair but it looks very dark in the photo. I wonder if she died it dark? She does resemble the decedent quite closely.

Maybe she is one of those blondes who's hair seems to turn darker in the winter months??? Never heard any replies to my submittal from Namus or RCMP.:(

Maybe she is one of those blondes who's hair seems to turn darker in the winter months??? Never heard any replies to my submittal from Namus or RCMP.:(
I submitted a potential match to the RCMP. Except for a canned response, I never heard back about it. However, the match was explored as that person showed up on the rule out list. I also confirmed with investigators they did work with Canada to eliminate her via DNA. So, even if you don't hear back, there's a good chance they'll look into it. It also takes forever to get results when working with other countries.

I submitted a potential match to the RCMP. Except for a canned response, I never heard back about it. However, the match was explored as that person showed up on the rule out list. I also confirmed with investigators they did work with Canada to eliminate her via DNA. So, even if you don't hear back, there's a good chance they'll look into it. It also takes forever to get results when working with other countries.

Thanks Alleykins!

It's all good carbuff. :loveyou:
Since I'm not familiar with this case really, did Valentine Sally have protruding teeth? The initial sketch made her kind of look like she did.
If she did, this is still a long shot, but...Pamela Harvey from Canada .
Canada's Missing | Case details
Missing Dec. 18, 1978
Sudbury, Ont.
23 years old
5' 6"
123 lbs.
Blonde Hair (long)
Brown Eyes
attachment.php
I actually think she looks more like Washoe County JD but they say she was from Michigan.

The ruleouts listed on Namus as of 31 March 2018 (Unidentified Person Case). I'm pretty sure this list is not complete.

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Dorothy Clitheroe 1959 Arizona
Charlotte Kinsey 1968 Oklahoma
Mary Jo Long 1964 California
Dena McHan 1962 California
Eleanor Parker 1962 Louisiana
Eva Ridall 1961 Florida
Diane Webb 1942 Arizona
Amy Yachimec 1968 Arizona
April Zane 1960 Illinois

She has dentals and DNA.
bumping

I would like to know what everyone's opinions are on Patricia Taylor as a possible match to this UID: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs).

Patricia's photographs are all over the place (IMHO) and the hair color is not a match, although it may have been dyed blonde. Her height, weight, and general time of disappearance appear to line up as does the potential scar along the thigh (NamUs is not clear in regard to which thigh Valentine Sally's scar was on). That being said other potential distinguishing characteristics, such as the "S" tattoo are missing and her age (15) is just below the age range for this Doe (16-20).

Hello I live in Arizona and this case really bothers me. Valentine Sally was located just off the I40 outside of Williams Az on Valentines Day 1982 tossed under a cedar tree strangled to death,she has never been id'd. Police reports say her belt loops were stretched as whoever killed her carried her by her belt loops,a white sweater with red stripes and size 36B bra were found nearby.Left in the eliments animals chewed off her fingers and part of her face. She was seen 3 days earlier at a truck stop near Ash Fork Az by a waitress who said the girl didnt want any food due to a root canal that was drilled and not yet filled. The man she was seen with was described as "concerned" for the girl and her tooth,they stayed about an hr. 3-4 days later her body was found....I started researching this case and started with missing women from 1980 and came across 1 that really sticks out to me her name is Phyllis E Brewer missing from Ohio in 1981 her whole family died months before she went missing,very little info is available on Phyllis Brewer and only 2 known pictures. I am posting pictures of Phyllis and sketches of Valentine Sally please let me know what you think..I have called Flagstaff cold case dept and gave them the info and my thoughts and was told the cold case detectives are all volunteers!

Attachments

• NAT_26896_1.jpg brewer.jpg
    NAT_26896_1.jpg brewer.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 53
  • maxresdefault.jpgsally.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpgsally.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 51
There certainly is a resemblance, TME. Did you find any obits for Brewer family that might show that they had relatives in (New) Jersey per the newspaper clipping. Did you find the clipping online? I wish I were a talented searcher, am not, but there are plenty of people on here who are. They are amazing, and I hope one of them picks this up. With the picture of the deceased and the picture of Ms Brewer, such a likeness! Good find on that.

Do you know where the Brewer family was located in Ohio? Any first names?

NAME: PHYLLIS E BREWER
June 13, 1981

Date Of Birth: August 28, 1961
Height: 5'7" - (170.18 cm) (67 inches)
Weight: 135 lbs (61kg)
Hair Color: Straight, shoulder-length red/blonde hair with a center part and long bangs.
Eye Color: Unknown
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Unspecified scar on one hand.
Clothing: Wore a size 36B bra.
AKA: Sparky

Details of Disappearance
Phyllis was last seen on June 13, 1981.
She is believed to have gone for a walk near her home and never returned.
All of the missing person's family members are deceased so few details regarding her disappearance are known.

Profile References:
NAMUS:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
North American Missing Persons Network: nampn.org
Charlie Project: Phyllis E. Brewer – The Charley Project
National Missing Persons Directory OHIO: Phyllis E Brewer - Ohio Missing Person Directory
upload_2019-3-1_7-34-2.png

After posting the above, I found a Google entry for her on Websleuths. Here is the link: OH - OH - Phyllis Brewer. 19, Lowellville, 13 July 1981
Websleuthers at that link have found more about her family there, but no one has suggested her likeness to Valentine Sally. Someone noted her likeness to an unidentified deceased person found in Georgia.

Does anyone have a link to the rule out list so far? I have suggestions, but I'm not sure who has been ruled out and who hasn't.

Thanks!

My suggestions based on matching details and appearance:
Dena Viola McHan https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/14872/details
Eleanor C. Parker The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Stacy Arrass The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Ellen Linda Akers The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Lucinda Schaefer The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Rosie M Schlicker The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Rebecca Abbot Doisy The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Not as likely.

Stacy Arrass and Lucinda Schaefer really strike me as matching in appearance to Jane Doe. Lawrence Sigmund Bittaker and Roy Lewis Norris claimed they murdered Schaefer in 1979, but there's no proof.

Edit: Another thought, Ellen Akers facial structure in that picture matches Jane Doe very closely, in my opinion. Ellen's hair just looks darker and she looks younger there.

Attachments

• DenaMcHan.jpg
    DenaMcHan.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 10
  • Eleanor_Parker.jpg
    Eleanor_Parker.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Stacy_Arrass.jpg
    Stacy_Arrass.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 10
  • Ellen_Akers.jpg
    Ellen_Akers.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 10
  • Lucinda_Schaefer.jpg
    Lucinda_Schaefer.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Rosie_Schlicker.jpg
    Rosie_Schlicker.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Rebecca_Doisy.jpg
    Rebecca_Doisy.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Valentine_Sally_003.jpg
    Valentine_Sally_003.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 11
This is the official ruleouts list from Valentine's NAMUS link: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Dorothy Clitheroe 1959 Arizona
Melinda Creech Madison IN
Charlotte Kinsey 1968 Oklahoma
Mary Jo Long 1964 California
Dena McHan 1962 California
Eleanor Parker 1962 Louisiana
Eva Ridall 1961 Florida
Diane Webb 1942 Arizona
Amy Yachimec 1968 Arizona
April Zane 1960 Illinois

There are also several names mentioned throughout the thread.

I didn't either. I found more information on her and it appears they suspect she was killed by a neighbor. So, she's probably not a good possibility. I just thought she looked like Carl's drawing.

She does fit all the demographics, and there is quite a resemblance. But I agree the circumstances look unlikely.

There certainly is a resemblance, TME. Did you find any obits for Brewer family that might show that they had relatives in (New) Jersey per the newspaper clipping. Did you find the clipping online? I wish I were a talented searcher, am not, but there are plenty of people on here who are. They are amazing, and I hope one of them picks this up. With the picture of the deceased and the picture of Ms Brewer, such a likeness! Good find on that.

Do you know where the Brewer family was located in Ohio? Any first names?
She was ruled out by namus....but i submitted 4 moreMP5860..MP2928....MP6985....MP17369....all of which have not been excluded...hope we figure Valentine Sally out...so sad..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back