IN IN - Paul Raymond Harrod, adult, may have been using false identity, Hamilton County, 27 Nov 1992

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible the car was repossessed somewhere other than Colorado. The repossessions end up at huge auto auctions and the cars may be transported a long distance to or after the auction. Too bad the records weren't available, at least then you'd know if Colorado was where he left the car or not.
It is possible. I spoke with several of the auction companies and they stated so dealership would pay to have a vehicle shipped from state to another... at least not a Geo Metro hatchback!

He has a sad expression in all the photos imo. Is it possible he committed suicide? If he did and the car was found would it still be repossessed in such a scenario?

He has a sad expression in all the photos imo. Is it possible he committed suicide? If he did and the car was found would it still be repossessed in such a scenario?
I am not sure. He told his wife one night he could “disappear anytime he wanted” which, when we couple with known false identity, leads me to believe that scenario is unlikely... yet plausible.

I am not sure. He told his wife one night he could “disappear anytime he wanted” which, when we couple with known false identity, leads me to believe that scenario is unlikely... yet plausible.
If he was thinking ahead about changing identities again, the local cemetary in Indiana might give some possibilities. Just out of curiosity I browsed the Crown View Cemetery (Sheridan) using find-a-grave and found a Stephen Alexander who died as an infant in 1950.

The detective thinks it’s quite a possibility that “Paul” was working/living under his intelligence level. If that’s the case possibility chose his wife as he saw someone who wouldn’t ask too many questions. I believe that someone who is using a false identity and hiding would not like photographs taken and likely would look unhappy.

It is possible. I spoke with several of the auction companies and they stated so dealership would pay to have a vehicle shipped from state to another... at least not a Geo Metro hatchback!
But these auto auctions are regional. So the car could have traveled some distance to get to the auction facility. Many dealers may not ship a car far, but they will send teams of drivers or a transport truck to bring back several cars at once.

I wonder if the car was abandoned somewhere before it was repossessed? I doubt running the plates or the VIN on it for anything that long ago would turn up much.

But these auto auctions are regional. So the car could have traveled some distance to get to the auction facility. Many dealers may not ship a car far, but they will send teams of drivers or a transport truck to bring back several cars at once.

I wonder if the car was abandoned somewhere before it was repossessed? I doubt running the plates or the VIN on it for anything that long ago would turn up much.
VIN has been run... yielded nothing but owners since Paul owned it.

The detective thinks it’s quite a possibility that “Paul” was working/living under his intelligence level. If that’s the case possibility chose his wife as he saw someone who wouldn’t ask too many questions. I believe that someone who is using a false identity and hiding would not like photographs taken and likely would look unhappy.

That is true. Nevertheless I would venture that he felt safe enough in his new environment that he decided to get married, an event that is always captured in film. He took that chance.

Also, he could not have foreseen the Internet, of course, and that his face would end up on it for the whole world to study! Those years, photos would likely only be shared with family and friends.

@CyresAres1 is it possible to have an age progression done?

Yes, and another possibility would be hiding from his ex wife whether she is actually an ex or not lol. I wonder if he has any kids.

If he had a previous family wouldn't they have reported him missing?

ETA: unless he was divorced and estranged from them.
Hard to say really. Maybe they did and he was under another name/different appearance or maybe there was some reason they didn't. It's a mystery!

Thule?? Not a place that your average uninitiated soul would be aware of. I know it from laying over there on my way to CFS Alert, Nunavut (I'm in the Canadian Army).

That has me thinking he may actually have done time in the Air Force.

Agreed, but -- if he lived near a base, he may have picked up enough facts & jargon to support his story?

If this man is from the area of little Paul Harrod's grave, is Wright-Patterson is fairly close?

I think it's more likely that he tried to join the Air Force but was unsuccessful -- couldn't pass the physical, couldn't maintain a standard, just didn't work out? AWOL?

Maybe he told his original family -- with his original name -- that he was going overseas on an important mission so they didn't report him missing? IF he was AWOL, this family may be so embarrassed that they wrote him off/disowned/are estranged?

Or, he's been reported missing, all right, under the name his family of origin knows. But -- this police report &/or Missing poster with additional photos may not have been flung into CyberSpace for us or entered into the usually available sites that weren't available in this time frame.

IIRC he did report an ex-wife in Kansas or Missouri. A few pages back & came up with a list of Air Force bases in those 2 states. Likely, he was using some other name at that point, since his "Paul R. Harrod" SSN was issued in 1987.

Is there a timeline with locations for this guy?

1987 -- ??? -- address reported on SSN application

199?-- Indiana, meets future wife working at group home, Indiana

199? -- future wife changes job to gas station/convenience store between Sheridan & Indy
199? -- changes job to St. Vincent's Hospital, Indianapolis

1991 -- adds stepson to insurance

Thanksgiving, 1991 -- wedding, a home in Sheridan, IN

27 Nov 1992 -- Sheridan, Indiana, leaves, apparently driving Geo Metro

199? - court filing for repossession of the Geo Metro, Indiana

1994 - Geo Metro shows up at auction, Colorado

Sorry for the long post. Please clean up the timeline events. We need more dots to connect to figure this guy out....

JMHO YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member