OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha ha. That is not Mr. Bubble, it is Scrubbing Bubbles. To heck with a bath like that.. :D Possibly that is an electric fireplace since the outlet is so close?. I don't see a hidden compartment, do you?

I believe it may be a recess in the wall for a heater of some kind. The floor could be some kind of heat resistant gray stone or red brick with white powder on it...

No, I don't see a compartment. The fireplace is four bricks deep.

I thought Scrubbing Bubbles came in a metal aerosol can with a spray top. That looks like plastic with a screw-on cap.

eta: The container doesn't match pics of Mr Bubble I've found, except the color.

Scrubbing Bubbles do come in a pump spray, didn't know that until now.

eta2: I'm thinking a radiant electric heater of some sort to go with the fake logs.

I can't imagine there would be an electric fireplace in a bathroom. Why would Fred Wagner hide them away if she bought them for security reasons?

Why would she buy a BPV just because the Rhodens were murdered a dozen miles away? They were all shot in the head while sleeping. How would a BPV help you in that situation? Why would you keep it stored away in a bathroom cabinet or closet? Or do you think they just left the BPV's laying out on the bathroom vanity?

So why do you think the BPV's were found in a bathroom?

I cheated, I put the pic in Windows pic viewer and blew it up.

There's a big exercise ball in the spa tub.

Seems like a weird place to store some of that stuff.

My guess, after they spent $10-15k on the room, they decided to fake the fake fireplace. Homeboys nailed up a frame and they plopped some artificial logs on it.

It's possible that LE just put it there in going through stuff to get it out of the way. They will ransack the place, most times, when they search, and they don't put things back, either.

Iirc, G3 stayed there to help on the farm, and help with his father, at times. He could've just used his old bedroom to crash in, while he was there, and that's just how it looked (untidy).

Another possibility is that he'd moved back home, and into his old bedroom, and again, it was just untidy. As in just a place to sleep. Just pondering on some thins.

I believe it may be a recess in the wall for a heater of some kind. The floor could be some kind of heat resistant gray stone or red brick with white powder on it...

Where did the white powder come from? It's on the floor and the jackets. Looks like drywall dust, JMO.

Yep, beyond reasonable doubt, IMO.

Pic won't post, so here's the link: https://www.radioparts.com.au/images/ProductImages/44365030.jpg

44365030.jpg

Must be a Walker handset, only brand I see in blue.

imgres

Google Image Result for https://photos.offerup.com/mthk-texkoMwRbKPKcw3jnS-ffg=/600x450/18e4/18e48cc095f947df9e99e28489d48d54.jpg

Interesting. Why would the Wagners have that in their bathroom? Why would they have that at all?

Green-Acres2.jpg

http://nukethefridge.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Green-Acres2.jpg
Every house with a landline has a User Interface box where the line comes in. A phone lineman can walk up and put the alligator clips on the terminals in the box. He can call Hong Kong if he wants to. They can also use it up on the pole.

The interface box also has a modular phone jack you can plug your telephone into, to determine if your line actually works.

That could be a vintage handset in the pic, they carry more advanced handsets now.

Would it be a way to make phone calls that couldn't be traced?

I don't think it's a mirror, it's four bricks deep and a few more high. A mirror should be reflecting the chair/stool, tub and sink, not bricks, logs, and a grate.

I agree. I think my person needs their glasses adjusted. :rolleyes:

Edit; Average fire brick is 9" long x 4 1/2" wide. There's about 4 1/2 bricks, width-wise (1.68 feet in depth). I can't tell how long the space is based on this photo though.

If it is a fireplace type of opening, I'm thinking along the lines of something like this, but just a tad bit smaller.

20-Inch Electric Fireplace Log Set
  • Heating coverage:- 400 square feet
  • It's electric
  • Stunning flame effects perfectly mimic real flame
  • Uses a projected flame effect onto specially designed mirage panel

https://www.amazon.com/Dimplex-Revillusion-Electric-Fireplace-RLG20/dp/B01M2Z0QLJ?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_2

Last edited:
It looks to me like a Spa Tub with an electric fireplace and a wood chair outside of it. The person sitting next to me thinks that it's a mirror.

jmo

Maybe there was a mirror there, but LE removed it while searching? Mirror was there to hide the storage area. It could also be a plumbing access panel. If you look to the far right, it looks like there is a base for a shower.

Maybe that is a natural gas fireplace, BPV 's may have been in an attic and dust fell down when plopped open.

Guesses only.

What is that white thing at the top MIDDLE of the photo? Some gas fireplaces have vents to heat the surrounding area.

JMO>

Maybe that is a natural gas fireplace, BPV 's may have been in an attic and dust fell down when plopped open.

Guesses only.

What is that white thing at the top MIDDLE of the photo? Some gas fireplaces have vents to heat the surrounding area.

JMO>

Looks to be another light, like in the foreground.

Make calls, eavesdrop, monitor. Also, a light can be rigged to indicate when the line is in use.

I'll try to find the article I read about wiretapping, it was interesting to read. Damn I hope my computer never gets seized.. I would be a goner for sure. :D

ETA:
How Wiretapping Works

Last edited:
I'll try to find the article I read about wiretapping, it was interesting to read. Damn I hope my computer never gets seized.. I would be a goner for sure. :D

Phone dude schooled me on it, neighbors up the street used my phone line for years. Lots of missed calls here.

Police told me I had to sue the neighbors, no legal repercussions via law enforcement, phone company didn't care either. Phone dude's statements to me were "strictly off the record", so if I sued, I doubt they would've helped either.

First electric fireplace I saw, in a bathroom, was in a new modular home on the sales lot. Since then I've noticed them more often, in upscale homes.

Yeppers, they are very popular. My brother has two of them in an older historical home he bought and did a complete remodel on (one is in the master bedroom and one in the dining room). They remind me of Christmas when some people download the yule log as their screensaver. That would put me to sleep watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288