NJ - Cop helps child with autism find his lost teddy bear after 911 call, Woodbridge Twsp., Mar 2019

cybervampira

Reaction score
When autistic boy called 911 over missing teddy bear, this N.J. police officer came to the rescue

WOODBRIDGE TOWNSHIP, N.J. — A boy with autism called 911 for help when his teddy bear went missing and then hung up.

"My teddy bear fell down again. Don’t worry I’ll rescue you again. Goodbye again. See you again," 12-year-old Ryan Paul can be heard saying on the 911 call.

The department called back. Robert Paul realized what his son had done and explained there wasn't an emergency. But as part of Woodbridge Township Police Dept. policy, officers respond to the locations of hang-up calls.

Officer Khari Manzini arrived just a few minutes later and it turned out the rookie cop was well-equipped to handle the situation. He'd received specialized training from POAC Autism Services

[...]

Boy with autism calls 911 after his teddy bear goes missing in New Jersey

When autistic boy called 911 over missing teddy bear, this N.J. police officer came to the rescue

WOODBRIDGE TOWNSHIP, N.J. — A boy with autism called 911 for help when his teddy bear went missing and then hung up.

"My teddy bear fell down again. Don’t worry I’ll rescue you again. Goodbye again. See you again," 12-year-old Ryan Paul can be heard saying on the 911 call.

The department called back. Robert Paul realized what his son had done and explained there wasn't an emergency. But as part of Woodbridge Township Police Dept. policy, officers respond to the locations of hang-up calls.

Officer Khari Manzini arrived just a few minutes later and it turned out the rookie cop was well-equipped to handle the situation. He'd received specialized training from POAC Autism Services

[...]

What a great story.
We need more of these.

[...]

A story like this warms my old heart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member