Found Deceased Canada - Joshua Bennett, 31, was bowling with friends, Langford, BC, 9 Mar 2019

Police are very concerned for Joshua BENNETT's health and well-being and friends and family report that it is out of character for him to be out of contact for this long.

I am speculating that Joshua might be in the habit of leaving on his own for a couple of days but this time its longer than usual. Where is his residence in relation to where he was last seen.
Does he have a car/truck and if so is it missing. I haven't seen anything about any formal searches for Joshua in the area. Need more information about Joshua's disappearance.
If they are indeed that concerned, releasing the info you suggest would be most helpful, for the public to be on the lookout and know what /where to look - on foot or in a car, which direction was he headed and was it toward his home or opposite direction? Any more footage of him on cctv? Cell phone activity? SM? Was he depressed? Etc.

Police are very concerned for Joshua BENNETT's health and well-being and friends and family report that it is out of character for him to be out of contact for this long.

I am speculating that Joshua might be in the habit of leaving on his own for a couple of days but this time its longer than usual. Where is his residence in relation to where he was last seen.
Does he have a car/truck and if so is it missing. I haven't seen anything about any formal searches for Joshua in the area. Need more information about Joshua's disappearance.

I always wonder when they say 'health and well-being'. I mean of course they are concerned he's missing, but is health and well-being just a normal thing to say or does that mean he could be doing drugs or depressed?

I don't know if he lived alone or with his girlfriend? Was it normal for him to not come home at night?

And no, lakes won't be frozen now, although it was an unusually cold winter and the lakes did indeed freeze this year!

After following the Ben Tyner case (the little there is to follow) it really seems Ca LE have a unique way of handling cases. In the US, publicity is huge. RCMP seem to control the media, which might be a good thing in some cases but not good in all.
I'm a BCer and typically we get most information in missing persons cases from the RCMP, but often the families come forward to media with other info. as well. The publicity is usually alot across the country, it isn't as picked up on as much in the USA is all.

I hope they brought search dogs in to see if they could trail a scent. He may have even climbed in a trash dumpster, as add as that sounds, to keep warm, have a drink/light up. It happened to Corrie McKeague in England recently (body believed to be in landfill/never found).

I hope they brought search dogs in to see if they could trail a scent. He may have even climbed in a trash dumpster, as add as that sounds, to keep warm, have a drink/light up. It happened to Corrie McKeague in England recently (body believed to be in landfill/never found).

Seems unlikely that they did. I'm thinking that by the time they really started to worry that he wasn't just at a friend's place or something it could be too late for dogs. Also, it's not something we see too often here (I don't think).

An early riser on the east coast here...I know it's even earlier there, but hoping for news if anyone knows of new information today. My thoughts are with Josh and his family...

For what it's worth, Langford Lake doesn't really "freeze". The weather here is fair, and seldom does it snow or get cold enough to freeze urban lakes.

This appears to be the 'official' FB search page: Help Us Find Josh Bennett Missing Person

Hope this guy is located soon! Spring weather is also upon the Langford area
Thanks for the local input. I was actually hoping it did freeze and was frozen when he went missing. I worry about him falling into this or any body of water. Seems to happen often, sadly. I presume this lake was searched? Is it deep? TIA

I was also hoping it was frozen as well. I follow cases in the US and UK as well and there really are so many involving people ending up in the water or the suspicion that they somehow ended up in the water and that is possibly why they have not been found. Knowing that a pond or lake is frozen can often bring some relief as well as a smaller search area.

Thanks for the local input. I was actually hoping it did freeze and was frozen when he went missing. I worry about him falling into this or any body of water. Seems to happen often, sadly. I presume this lake was searched? Is it deep? TIA

The only information I’ve seen about what they’ve searched has been on the “Help find Josh Bennet” Facebook page. They’ve posted a photo of a map of what’s been roughly searched, but it looks like just roads and pathways. If the police dragged any of the lakes I’m sure the local media or someone on the local Facebook groups would be saying something.

There’s two lakes, Glen Lake and Langford Lake nearby. Both are deep, but Langford lake is much bigger and right across the street from Langford Lanes. In the last photo that was released of him walking near Cloverdale Paint he’s walking in the opposite direction to Langford Lake but somewhat in the direction towards Glen Lake. However there is a fence blocking the parking lot from the trail mentioned behind Cloverdale Paint, and you’d have to walk behind those building for a while until there’s a break in the fence allowing you to walk to the side with the trail; so it’s not clear which direction he was headed and there’s a wide range of routes he could have taken from that spot.

The only information I’ve seen about what they’ve searched has been on the “Help find Josh Bennet” Facebook page. They’ve posted a photo of a map of what’s been roughly searched, but it looks like just roads and pathways. If the police dragged any of the lakes I’m sure the local media or someone on the local Facebook groups would be saying something.

There’s two lakes, Glen Lake and Langford Lake nearby. Both are deep, but Langford lake is much bigger and right across the street from Langford Lanes. In the last photo that was released of him walking near Cloverdale Paint he’s walking in the opposite direction to Langford Lake but somewhat in the direction towards Glen Lake. However there is a fence blocking the parking lot from the trail mentioned behind Cloverdale Paint, and you’d have to walk behind those building for a while until there’s a break in the fence allowing you to walk to the side with the trail; so it’s not clear which direction he was headed and there’s a wide range of routes he could have taken from that spot.
Thank you!

I actually think I was wrong about them searching with dogs. Apparently they have, as said on the facebook missing page.

I am allowed to say that right? If it's against the rules to bring info over from the facebook page I can delete it, sorry!

I actually think I was wrong about them searching with dogs. Apparently they have, as said on the facebook missing page.

I am allowed to say that right? If it's against the rules to bring info over from the facebook page I can delete it, sorry!
Should be ok. Official page. Be sure Info comes from admin of page though

I don't believe it's very deep, maybe 10-15ft near the boat launch area (there's a small dock there people fish from) but probably goes down to about 30-40ft near the middle. The map they posted showing the searched areas seems to outline that they've walked the shoreline already. It would be difficult to accidentally fall into that lake though, there are railings, etc, on the walkways. Glen lake is very shallow, and very very weedy. Not very many spots you can get down to the lake at Glen Lake other than the western side where the playground is.

I don't believe it's very deep, maybe 10-15ft near the boat launch area (there's a small dock there people fish from) but probably goes down to about 30-40ft near the middle. The map they posted showing the searched areas seems to outline that they've walked the shoreline already. It would be difficult to accidentally fall into that lake though, there are railings, etc, on the walkways. Glen lake is very shallow, and very very weedy. Not very many spots you can get down to the lake at Glen Lake other than the western side where the playground is.
I guess I think of “deep” as “can’t touch the bottom”. You’re very right that it would be hard to accidentally fall in. Even the bridge on the east side of Glen Lake has railings.

I guess I think of “deep” as “can’t touch the bottom”. You’re very right that it would be hard to accidentally fall in. Even the bridge on the east side of Glen Lake has railings.
Well then has it ever been reported what kind of mood he was in that night? Or if he’s been depressed? Would he want to disappear intentionally (run off) or perhaps want to harm himself? I’m speculating only of course. However it is usually part of the equation. As is foul play and accident. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back