Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
All cues point to this girl being likely abducted, raped and killed. A pretty 21 year old dressed up for the night, on her own, near a bench, and intoxicated, it has got to be something along those lines sadly.

Therefore, let us examine these details again:-

She took a taxi to her house (Wellesley Avenue), after leaving the club, and was later seen walking to a bench on Beverley road. Why did she do that?...

If it was because she couldn't get in the house for some reason why walk there?. Did she even know where the house was after leaving the taxi?. (She was reported to be excessively drunk that night).

I think she did briefly go home, and she went back perhaps to meet up with somebody, maybe either a male, (she may or may not have known) for a sexual encounter, with some friend(s) of hers, or with the folks she had originally went out with.

She was either unexpectedly approached by a unknown passerby or by the intended people/person she intended to meet and was persuaded to get into a car or willingly did so herself and vanished from there.

Her corpse is likely to be somewhere concealed in the Hull area and close to where she was last seen, (like where the police are currently searching). Rapists and killers love to commit these sorts of crimes in large parkland with brush; but its vital they have some sort of solid lead, otherwise its like looking for a needle in about a 100 barns!.

In this case the car I think is key. Why is there no further CCTV footage of the vehicle from where libby was last seen?, there must be something.

Its been nearly 7 weeks since she may (or may not) have been killed, in which case she would be in a state of advanced decomposition by now, it will make any postmortems more difficult to confirm, if and when she is found, the longer this drags on.

I live in a student city, and these young women do not realize how vulnerable they are once away from the city centre as there are fewer revellers about and the streets are dark and silent.

Whichever way you look at it, the friends she had gone out that night will never forgive themselves over the disappearance of this girl. Libby should never have been left alone as intoxicated as she was without a pal. The people she went out with must had known she had not got in.

She has to be found...

All this and more has been covered a thousand times in the previous 11 threads.

It really is just going over old ground.

The sooner something happens to move the debate forward the better.

All this and more has been covered a thousand times in the previous 11 threads.

It really is just going over old ground.

The sooner something happens to move the debate forward the better.

I am new to this debate and appreciate that I haven't trawled through the 34 pages of comments to get here so bear with me. you say.

Without a concrete lead the investigation is dead for the time being. No point searching random places without a lead, I have to agree.

Thanks, that clears it up for me. Is that still in use? I've vague memories of the University's rowing teams using it.

I did intend to walk up there last week, but just couldn't manage it.

It hasn't been used for rowing for a while, not sure since when. I knew people rowing there about 89-91.

When I was there a few weeks ago the Police were searching the boarded up boathouse, difficult to workout what was what. There are some hefty locks and cage doors on that building.

I am new to this debate and appreciate that I haven't trawled through the 34 pages of comments to get here so bear with me. you say.

Without a concrete lead the investigation is dead for the time being. No point searching random places without a lead, I have to agree.

There's a fair bit more than 34 pages. This is the 12th thread - the previous one alone ran to c. 120 pages.

I just hope poor Libby isn't in the cesspit.
I am in agreement with other comments, maybe they should have done a thorough search of the park earlier on, though we don't really know why they have concentrated so much on that area.
This is every parents' worst nightmare.

I am in agreement with other comments, maybe they should have done a thorough search of the park earlier on, though we don't really know why they have concentrated so much on that area.

I agree with you entirely. Welcome to Websleuths. Thank you so much for joining us.

If they thought she was in the park they would have done a very different search of the park.

I agree that the park should have been throrougly searched and checked long before now. They seem to have gone back and fore but they keep going back there. Why didn't they conduct an extensive search at the start - I appreciate it will be a large area and a lot of time involved but surely they could have done this sooner.

Any marine biologists or forensic experts on here who would know why the searches appear to be short and specific? This might sound ridiculous but in a cesspit can they take a sample of the water away to test it would they drain the whole thing to search? My mind definitely boggled the more time goes on as the investigation from an outsider seems quite bitty

Any marine biologists or forensic experts on here who would know why the searches appear to be short and specific? This might sound ridiculous but in a cesspit can they take a sample of the water away to test it would they drain the whole thing to search? My mind definitely boggled the more time goes on as the investigation from an outsider seems quite bitty

I GUESS that once they got access to the cesspit, a camera on a rod would tell them what was in it. IF there was a body in there, I then GUESS they would suit up to retrieve the body - so their presence may have been cautionary, Once it was proved to be empty, no need for marine unit.

So far there has only been the report that they searched the cesspit of the ABANDONED ROOFLESS boathouse, nothing about them revisiting the river or the pond.

ALTHOUGH there was a photo that appeared to show them showing interest in the bench again today.

I GUESS that once they got access to the cesspit, a camera on a rod would tell them what was in it. IF there was a body in there, I then GUESS they would suit up to retrieve the body - so their presence may have been cautionary, Once it was proved to be empty, no need for marine unit.

So far there has only been the report that they searched the cesspit of the ABANDONED ROOFLESS boathouse, nothing about them revisiting the river or the pond.

ALTHOUGH there was a photo that appeared to show them showing interest in the bench again today.

Presumably the cesspit is underground and not immediately obvious on the surface - perhaps just a manhole cover? You'd need some prior knowledge to know it was there.

The fact that Libby Squires body, (if indeed she is dead), has not been discovered by either a member of the public or the police in 7 weeks, tells me that her body is either very well concealed, buried or not even in the Hull area altogether.

A revisit of the entire investigation is needed, including all of the new small developments made, becouse unless the police manage to obtain a solid and significant new lead I don't think we are going to find her anytime soon.

@Strontium69 (or any other Hullians): is the building whose cesspit is being searched the same one that was an avant garde arts/events space a few years back?

I posted about this a few threads ago. Was just curious as the buildings look so completely derelict and this one below was in use till relatively recently (2012, or so I read).

One Hull Of A Story: Paul Burwell & The Boathouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member