IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like her emotions are genuine, and that she probably got some coaching after the prior interview. She mostly refers to Amiah in the present tense, but also refers to herself as 'the mother', and at no time calls Amiah by name. I'm baffled that when he's asking about her needing medical attention she says that when she has a cold she'll take a tylenol, and that she hopes someone reaches out... to her BABY. Babies are given medicine, and don't have phones. I don't know why that struck me as weird, but it did.

ETA - NM... I know why it sounds weird. Some people expect that their children can take care of themselves, leaving them free to live their lives. Trying not to judge, but I've heard that type of language before.

More photos:

Alexa Green‏Verified account @AlexaGreenNews

BREAKING NOW: IMPD searching for a 8-month-old baby who has been missing since last week. Amiah Robertson is described as having dark hair, hazel eyes, and is about 16 pounds with a birth mark on her left shoulder. If you know where she is, call police immediately.

D2Apr_6XQAAah6l.jpg

D2ApsAAWsAI-y4l.jpg

D2Apr_7XgAEkxUy.jpg

D2Apr_6W0AAlaLB.jpg

Alexa Green on Twitter
Good lord. That precious baby looks completely shut down in most of those pics. I hope she’s alive somewhere safe and loved.

That sounds exactly right. She could barely form a coherent sentence. :/
The mother would be the last person I would call. Why did the ex boyfriend have the baby? And how could the baby’s LITTLE brother be asking for her? How could an 8-month old even HAVE a little brother? Good Lord.

Substance abuse issues for $600, Alex.

Poor baby. *sigh* If she's only 13 lbs that's really tiny. The mom's cover photo makes the baby look pretty underweight. I've had small babies. But of course none of mine have disappeared. I'm betting mom doesn't really know what baby even weighs because baby hasn't darkened the door of the pediatrician's office in some time.
And whether she’s 13 or 16 lbs., she’s not chubby as mom seems to think she is.

Wait - earlier it was stated that the fight was on Saturday, and 'that's when she reported Amiah missing'
Did they fight Friday night AND Saturday morning?
Why did they need to fight in order for this parent to report her baby missing?
I finally watched her interview, after crawling all over her media this morning.
SHE was the one who says Amiah is 16lbs, with 'dark black hair and hazel eyes'
Seriously?
It's almost like she doesn't care, or wants people looking in the wrong direction or something.

Did they fight at the babysitters house as they arrived to pick up her baby, and learned she wasn't there? You know, the babysitter that never sent a text during the overnight date with an ex-bf to say 'hey, where's your baby?'

Nice date, too. Jeezy pete.

This is a trainwreck.
Yeah. If I had a dollar for every date I’ve had at the motel 6, I’d have $0. Smdh

Why couldn’t she meet with him in a room where officers are outside and next door with the one way mirror?

He would be hand cuffed. Maybe, even hand cuffed to the chair. What about leg shackles?

LE could tell him they would grant his wish to be in a room alone with Amber, however, they also had to protect her from any possible injury from him. He can’t call all the shots.

Truthfully, it surprises me LE hasn’t come up with a solution before now to get Amber in to talk with him.

Conflicting information provided by relatives and possible witnesses complicated the early stages of the investigation.

The child's family initially told authorities she had last been seen Thursday and "was not believed to be in danger," according to Indianapolis police.

The date of her last sighting was later updated to Saturday and the nature of her disappearance took a troubling turn.

"On Tuesday, during the course of the investigation, detectives determined the child to be in possible danger," police officials said in a statement emailed to News 8.

Authorities executed a search warrant Tuesday afternoon at Amiah's last known location, a house in the 200 block of South Holmes Avenue on the west side of Indianapolis.

At least five police units and two mobile crime labs lined the residential street but officials declined to disclose what evidence, if any, was collected.
Lyons was arrested Sunday on preliminary charges of criminal recklessness and leaving the scene of an accident, according to police records.

The arrest stemmed from a Saturday incident Chuck described as a "domestic dispute" involving his daughter.

"[Lyons] physically abused my daughter and it escalated to where he ran a car into her," he told News 8. "He side-swiped her with the front of the car and took off."
Police: Family told conflicting stories after disappearance of 8-month-old Amiah Robertson
The police spokesperson said they did not find a body. Police haven't confirmed the grandfather's story about Lyons' arrest.

Much more at the link.

P.S. The neighbor's comments about Friday made my hinky meter swing away.

I doubt if she only means that she's afraid of what he's going to do to her while she's talking to him. I think she also means that she's afraid of what he will do to her later, after he's out of jail and there's nobody to protect her. That could be why she doesn't seem to be telling the whole story, too--not wanting to say too much for after he gets out. I don't think it says anything either way about whether she had anything to do with Amiah's disappearance.

I'm also wondering if she (the mother) has a learning or intellecutal disability, or emotional trouble, or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BdB8642