IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like her emotions are genuine, and that she probably got some coaching after the prior interview. She mostly refers to Amiah in the present tense, but also refers to herself as 'the mother', and at no time calls Amiah by name. I'm baffled that when he's asking about her needing medical attention she says that when she has a cold she'll take a tylenol, and that she hopes someone reaches out... to her BABY. Babies are given medicine, and don't have phones. I don't know why that struck me as weird, but it did.

ETA - NM... I know why it sounds weird. Some people expect that their children can take care of themselves, leaving them free to live their lives. Trying not to judge, but I've heard that type of language before.

I have too, from people who are intellectually disabled. I think Mom isn’t too intelligent - no insult meant, people don’t choose how smart they are - and literally did not understand the question.

The tales spun just get more outrageous each year. :rolleyes:

They either think we are all dumber than a box of rocks or they have visions of acquittals rerunning in their minds.

It's just sickening.
Again babies and toddlers don't just disappear.
I've never believed it and will not start now no matter how PC everyone else thinks we need to be.

JMHO

I do think the mother has an intellectual disability. She strongly reminds me of a girl I knew growing up. She always seemed confused and like it took a while to process questions. The interview seemed similar.

I don't think that means she's not responsible for her actions or failure to act if the boyfriend has done something. But I think it explains how poorly she words her responses. I highly doubt whatever happened was well thought or planned. But I don't really believe her story either.

How does the mom get confused on her 8 month old daughter has a "little" brother? He's a big brother.

I think that's a good example of something being off with her. She clearly should know this. But under stress or pressure what comes out of her mouth is just weird and doesn't make a lot of sense.

I think it’s hard to know how any of us would be acting in this situation unless we have been through it. With that said, it struck me as odd that she said can find out where Amiah is by being alone in the room with him but is too afraid to be alone with him. Of course, this could be a trap but at the same time, I would try to do anything to use that situation to my advantage with the help of LE. The other thing that bothers me is that she never refers to her by name, always “my daughter or baby”. She seems to be grieving rather than panicked, terrified and desperate. I feel like she may be simple-minded, as others have mentioned, but the high emotions of a mother would be there. But for me, she seems to be playing a part. I hope I’m wrong. The whole thing reminds me of Susan Smith. IMO (and I’m hoping I’m wrong and there is a happy ending).

How does the mom get confused on her 8 month old daughter has a "little" brother? He's a big brother.

She just meant that Amiah has a brother, and the brother is 'little'.

What I found more interesting was "he's always asking about her". Is that when Amiah was around, or over the past few days since Amiah was reported missing?

Also, wasn't it said that the missing report was made on Saturday morning, after the Friday night liaison at Motel 6? But now the last confirmed sighting is Saturday afternoon?

She just meant that Amiah has a brother, and the brother is 'little'.

What I found more interesting was "he's always asking about her". Is that when Amiah was around, or over the past few days since Amiah was reported missing?

Also, wasn't it said that the missing report was made on Saturday morning, after the Friday night liaison at Motel 6? But now the last confirmed sighting is Saturday afternoon?
BBM
Me too! Odd - very odd.

I think we can all agree she is not the brightest bulb in the knife draw!!!!! With that being said, I have a hard time accepting that this crew thinks they could outsmart LE. Someone is going to talk/spill it.

I had to step away from SM due to so many rumors going around, I actually had a headache. I am praying for this child. all IMO

I was a pediatric nurse for 20 years. This child is "off" the growth chart. As in 0%!!!
With a length of 23 inches and a weight of 13# at 8 months!!!!
In my office, she would have been seen as failure to thrive. Blood work would have been done, she would have been referred by the Dr. to a nutritionist, seen for weekly weight checks and then be referred to social services if her growth didn't improve.
Here is the CDC calculator for infant weight and length. There is an explanation below of how to read the chart.
Children Growth Chart Calculator - Stature For Age Percentile

Following from the U.K - from first hand experience, it appears the mother does have some degree of intellectual disability, that coupled with her obvious drug use and probable ‘absent minded, simple’ upbringing.. I think it would be safe to say we can’t rely on her being truthful and poor Amiah has probably met her fate at the hands of a ‘step dad’ with the mother helping in the cover up. Such a sad state of affairs, I wonder if Amiah ever really stood a chance. Her son sounds like he may have escaped a similar fate by having an active bio dad in his life. Just to add, the mother has been spending an awful lot of time on social media, responding to well wishes and ignoring any hate. A lot of fake profiles floating around but a genuine family member even offered to take her out looking for the baby - which it appears she turned down. I find it chilling how she can’t bring herself to use her daughter’s name! :(

I was a pediatric nurse for 20 years. This child is "off" the growth chart. As in 0%!!!
In my office, she would have been seen as failure to thrive. Blood work would have been done, she would have been referred by the Dr. to a nutritionist, seen for weekly weight checks and then be referred to social services if her growth didn't improve.
Here is the CDC calculator for infant weight and length. There is an explanation below of how to read the chart.

Oh my :(
Maybe baby Amiah has been poorly/failing to thrive due to neglect for some time and this has been a contributing factor in her disappearance

I'm soooo confused about the timeline. Initial reports said the mother (Amber) reported Amiah was last seen Thursday, March 14 and reported her missing on the 16th. LE said Amiah was last seen on Saturday, March 16.
According to the infant's mother, she was last seen on the city's west side in the 200 block of South Holmes Avenue on Thursday, March 14. State police says Amiah was last seen Saturday, March 16.
Police use search warrant at home where missing 8-month-old was last seen

A neighbor claims she saw Amiah around 9 pm Friday night (March 15):
Beatty said she believed the initial timeline provided by Amiah's family was inaccurate; the child could not have disappeared Thursday, she claimed, because she recalled seeing her outside the Holmes Avenue house the following day with her mother.

"I definitely saw her Friday night around 9 p.m.," Beatty told News 8. "[Amiah] had a short T-shirt on, probably some thin pajama pants, no jacket and it was cold. The mom was just holding her up [away from her body, instead of cradling her] and was speed walking with her."
Police: Conflicting stories after disappearance of 8-month-old
Mind you, eyewitnesses are often mistaken but in this case the date does fit with LE's timeline. Her description is a red flag if it's accurate.

So... has the timeline been tightened up? I can't find anything that clarifies the date.

Oops, I forgot to add... If the mother knew her boyfriend was a "a little upset with her for getting back together with the baby's father" then why did she let him take Amiah to the babysitter's alone? Why didn't she go with him?

For that matter even if it didn't concern her why didn't she go too? Where was she, what was she doing?

Something's really off IMO.

Those charts suggest to me that they'd be okay figures for a four-month old baby? So could that be the last time Amiah was measured by a nurse? How often would a baby like Amiah have height/weight checked?

Mom now has a lawyer.
Robertson said she doesn't know where her baby could be. She says the last time she saw Amiah was Thursday, before her boyfriend took the baby to a west side home.

"She was supposed to go to the babysitter's house on 229 South Holmes. She never arrived there," said Robertson.
Missing baby's mom now has a lawyer

I find mom's passive voice concerning. I'd expect an active voice: "My boyfriend took her to the babysitter's house but Amiah never got there." Or something similar. It feels like she's removing herself from the events.

IOW, Amiah didn't "go" anywhere on her own, someone had to take her there. KWIM? And it's all MOO.

ETA: And here too:
"He just kept telling me the statement, 'If you go with me by yourself, I will take you to go get the child'," Robertson says her boyfriend told her. "I felt like I would be harmed, so I didn't go."
As opposed to "I felt like he would harm me." MOO again.

Last edited:
Those charts suggest to me that they'd be okay figures for a four-month old baby? So could that be the last time Amiah was measured by a nurse? How often would a baby like Amiah have height/weight checked?
Those charts are designed to compare a baby's growth to itself. As long as they are following their curve all is well. It is when they are <1% or >100% that a doctor will get worried.
Typically a child doubles their birth weight by 6 months and tripled it by 12 months.
So yes, she is the size of the average 4 month old.
It is likely she hasn't seen a doctor since 4 months or 6months. She may not
have been due for the next check up until 9 months, but my best guess is she hasn't been measured by any health professional in a while, if at all.
Moo

Last edited:
Mom commented twice about the baby being “chubby” .. she really wanted everyone listening to believe that the baby was a chubby one... reverse psychology in the works- she starved the baby- IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member