OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#44

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, the judge and prosecution have been a little lenient with her thus far. AC has been pretty strict in her orders to FW and in questioning her requests to make her "house arrest" more lax. But FW blindsided them with this media trick, so I hope they've learned their lesson. She thinks she's above the law and she taught her family to think the same way. It's what communities do with the rich and powerful - give them plenty of leeway, allow them to do as they wish, then regret it when they abuse their power, break laws and harm or kill people. If the judge and prosecutor can't make the Wagners respect the law and the courts, then the citizens should find replacements who can.

Betty P Quote: "FW blindsided them with this media trick, so I hope they've learned their lesson."

Yes, I hate to criticize the prosecution but they need to know who they are dealing with...ie...don't get arrogant. FW is smart because she surrounds herself with ____(fill in the blank.) Sorry, but it is what it is and the prosecution needs to stay tough, tougher, to deal with decades of Wagner entitlement.....:cool:

Last edited:
The problem is, they can tap you from somewhere down the road. If they pick the pair of wires that belong to you, that's all it takes. These neighbors are 700-800ft away.

I posed this question to the phone company security man: "So what you're me telling is, if I can access the lines on a pole and connect my phone, you won't bother me except to disconnect if you find out?" Stuttering and stammering ensued.

All that dust looks like drywall dust. Someone hasn't heard of damp sponge sanding. It's even on the slats of the chair.

How many hearings this week? I know the one on Wednesday, any more? Not sure which I anticipate more this week, the hearings or the tv show. Told a family member about the show, they thought I was kidding.
I told hubby about the show. He just sighed and nodded his head in resignation. No question in his mind that I am going to watch it. lol

I don't see a phone, but, and I'm probably the only one who thinks this way, but, I think this may not be a remodel in progress. I think this may be, how it would normally look, day-to-day. LE just found the vests laying there, in what is G3's bathroom (?), and took photos after tagging them for evidence. Just b/c folks are wealthy, doesn't mean they are good housekeepers. That's not the best picture either, of course they weren't taking it for us. :rolleyes:
There would be footprints in the dust on the floor if it was that way for a while. No footprints means the dust was recent or no one ever used that bath.

I told hubby about the show. He just sighed and nodded his head in resignation. No question in his mind that I am going to watch it. lol

Please critique this show for me then. I can't watch it because I know---- all the inaccuracies I expect in this show----will drive me out of my mind. Please , seriously, let me know what you think of the show.

FW's Amazon "records" included in evidence are in two batches.

The first 1/1/2014 - 5/1/2016 and the second being 5/1/2016 - 10/31/2018.

That's a span of almost five years...... It can't all be related to PBV's #27 & #28....

MOO

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing that out. I went back to look again. Are these the areas you noticed? It’s hard to say, but it looks possible.

Edit- Would Owens fail to address those if they are holes? I would suspect some long attempt at explanation on why they are there, if they are in fact bullet holes.
Hubby says it looks like a small caliber, maybe 22, bullet hole. He said note the way the "hole" in number 28 slants upward like someone fired it from an almost sitting/lying position toward the front side of the person wearing the vest.

There was no way that slick lawyer was bringing bullet holes into that interview.

JMO

Please critique this show for me then. I can't watch it because I know---- all the inaccuracies I expect in this show----will drive me out of my mind. Please , seriously, let me know what you think of the show.
I will try. With all that is going on in my life right now, someone may need to remind me when it is on. March 24 at 7:00 PM central time I think.

I noticed what to me appeared to be a facial expression of disgust when FW says she considered jake married. Any one else notice?

I thought it was in regard to this part;

FW after lawyer interjected;

I was speculating, but, {pauses},
if your son, if your son
was the best friends, with something,
then something like this happened
to that family, and
your, your grandson, was, uh, in their eyes,
married to HMR,

you better be scared,
they might come after this family too
. We were
terrified. Everybody was.
-----

I think she disliked the fact that HMR & JW saw themselves as married, and told people they were married, but were not married. It was just pure foolishness to her.

The next part bolded; Whoever murdered the Rs, may see her grandson as part of the R family, through their (faux) marriage, and they'd become targets now b/c of his connection to HMR, and the Ws possibly knowing something, through her family's connections to the Rs.

I don't think she had a part in the murders, and I think she, like any grandmother, may still be riding down a river called denial, right now. They are, after all, innocent until proven guilty, by law.

Hubby says it looks like a small caliber, maybe 22, bullet hole. He said note the way the "hole" in number 28 slants upward like someone fired it from an almost sitting/lying position toward the front side of the person wearing the vest.

There was no way that slick lawyer was bringing bullet holes into that interview.

JMO

BBM

That just made me feel really sad and nauseous. Oh, man. RIP Rhodens.

If St. Fred is willing to let her lawyer show this evidence in the news media before the trial and if it shows what we think it shows, is she indicating she's willing to abandon her family just to get her own charges dropped? Maybe I'm reading this wrong, IDK.

I thought it was in regard to this part;

FW after lawyer interjected;

I was speculating, but, {pauses},
if your son, if your son
was the best friends, with something,
then something like this happened
to that family, and
your, your grandson, was, uh, in their eyes,
married to HMR,

you better be scared,
they might come after this family too
. We were
terrified. Everybody was.
-----

I think she disliked the fact that HMR & JW saw themselves as married, and told people they were married, but were not married. It was just pure foolishness to her.

The next part bolded; Whoever murdered the Rs, may see her grandson as part of the R family, through their (faux) marriage, and they'd become targets now b/c of his connection to HMR, and the Ws possibly knowing something, through her family's connections to the Rs.

I don't think she had a part in the murders, and I think she, like any grandmother, may still be riding down a river called denial, right now. They are, after all, innocent until proven guilty, by law.

There was a lot of story and alibi spinning on social media during the last 2 years, much of it now being repeated nearly verbatim by St. Fred. Her answers are just new variations on the same cover stories they've already been spreading. She has to say that CR1 and GW3 were "close friends" in order to justify the BPV's and other Wagner activities after the murders. It also helps justify their sudden move to AK (GW 3 was "close" to Chris and he felt threatened by whomever killed the Rhodens, so everyone just HAD to move to AK to get away from the danger!!11!!)

FW is a very savvy woman. She's had 3 years to sit around and come up with excuses to keep LE attention away from her family and out of prison. JMO, it's all an act. Look at this big media campaign she's rolling out from her kitchen table. She knows exactly what she's doing and what she has to say to save her family.

There was a lot of story and alibi spinning on social media during the last 2 years, much of it now being repeated nearly verbatim by St. Fred. Her answers are just new variations on the same cover stories they've already been spreading. She has to say that CR1 and GW3 were "close friends" in order to justify the BPV's and other Wagner activities after the murders. It also helps justify their sudden move to AK (GW 3 was "close" to Chris and he felt threatened by whomever killed the Rhodens, so everyone just HAD to move to AK to get away from the danger!!11!!)

FW is a very savvy woman. She's had 3 years to sit around and come up with excuses to keep LE attention away from her family and out of prison. JMO, it's all an act. Look at this big media campaign she's rolling out from her kitchen table. She knows exactly what she's doing and what she has to say to save her family.

I don't think that the M's Pastor is lying though. I do believe that the families were close. Even someone mentioned it to an interviewer, for the paper, that everyone knew they were friends, until... they weren't. I do believe that they were friends, and in some sort of biz together. I may be wrong, if I am, it won't be the first, nor the last, time.

I don't think that the M's Pastor is lying though. I do believe that the families were close. Even someone mentioned it to an interviewer, for the paper, that everyone knew they were friends, until... they weren't. I do believe that they were friends, and in some sort of biz together. I may be wrong, if I am, it won't be the first, nor the last, time.

I agree, they may have been friends or did some business together, but to say that everyone thought Jake was embraced by the Rhodens like a member of their family seems a stretch. I'm just saying FW is exaggerating the closeness of the various family members, esp. Chris & Billy, to serve her own purposes. I could be wrong, too, about how close they were before they weren't. Could have been Billy hanging around CR1 a lot and CR1 just tolerating it. FR, though, is exaggerating it to make her story line fit. JMO

What flipped the switch? If CR1 and Billy were great pals, what made Billy suddenly begin planning to take Sophia away from Hanna? What made him suddenly think the Rhodens were horrible people incapable of raising S? What made them suddenly think they needed to be killed to gain custody? JMO, that doesn't happen if you're really close friends.

Wednesday, March 20th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) –
Only for *Angela Jo Wagner (48) (Jakes’ mother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) & charged (11/15/18) & arraigned(11/29/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. No bond. 11/19/28: Arraignment hearing: Plead not guilty to all 22 charges. Waives speedy trial. Held without bail. Pretrial hearing on 1/7.
12/14/18: Defense files 49 motions, among them change of venue & a list of Grand Jury witnesses’ names.
1/7/19: Next Pretrial hearing on 3/20.

I'm leaving everyone else off - a bit on the long side... :)

I agree, they may have been friends or did some business together, but to say that everyone thought Jake was embraced by the Rhodens like a member of their family seems a stretch. I'm just saying FW is exaggerating the closeness of the various family members, esp. Chris & Billy, to serve her own purposes. I could be wrong, too, about how close they were before they weren't. Could have been Billy hanging around CR1 a lot and CR1 just tolerating it. FR, though, is exaggerating it to make her story line fit. JMO

What flipped the switch? If CR1 and Billy were great pals, what made Billy suddenly begin planning to take Sophia away from Hanna? What made him suddenly think the Rhodens were horrible people incapable of raising S? What made them suddenly think they needed to be killed to gain custody? JMO, that doesn't happen if you're really close friends.

BBM,
There's a fine line between love and hate. One doesn't just kill 8 people, for giggles. They could have killed only DR, CR2, and HMR, and left the others alone, or, caught HMR out in the car, and just take her out. I think it's because the Rs had gotten something over on the Ws, and the Ws became afraid of them (the Rs, and HHG by default). Now what, exactly, that was, Idk. Otherwise, they could have gone through Family Court, and set up something, just like G4.

JMO
That lawyer is aggressive and slick, but not “smart”
He never should have allowed (or set up) this interview with FW.
It will be one more nail in the coffin of the Wagners when the Prosecution uses it in court.
My opinion, it is a gold mine of information to be used/followed up on.
Among other things, her basic demeanor included, FW made a mistake when she brought up the relationship of Jake and Hanna in such an awkward , uncaring way. “Considered to be married”...
One logically will ask: Why weren’t JW and HR legally married?
FW didn’t do JW any favors opening that topic.

And how stupid was it to blurt out ...”because he knew something” ...
Prosecutor will jump on that statement.

Regarding the photo of the vests.
There may be something there. As I understand the way things work, the evidence tag is not ‘randomly’ placed. Usually placed on an item near a spot to be considered significant. A spot that will be referenced in trial.
I will speculate that the origin of the holes in the vest (if vests are post 4/22 manufacture) could have happened when someone fired a “test” round into it. That test round hole could be evidence.
All my opinion, speculation, theory.

Betty, you ask what flipped the switch. My opinion.

I think it was (pure speculation) HR telling DR that JW was treating her terribly or that, for one reason or another, she, HR, was completely done with the relationship. Maybe it was DR leading to assist HR in separating from JW and his Family and the Rhoden and Manley Families backing HR decision to exit the “considered to be married” arrangement for the sake of HR. Her sanity, her safety -
; ; semi colon tattoo...;;
Maybe HG played a part (persuasion, or strong agreement) in HR decision.
I have always though there was great significance in the EXCESSIVE VIOLENCE to DR and HG
In my opinion, this theory fits well with the speculation that Rhodens and Wagners were once friends (of some degree) and very likely in some kind of shady business together. No disrespect to R’s , there was something generating income.
Rhoden Family may have become aware of even worse, more serious, illegal business ventures of Wagners, thus CRsr “ knew something”
Remember how a Wagner was carrying around a glock in her handbag years ago. A certain DA had a chance back then to have both W’s on record with a conviction.

The OxygenTV story of Rhoden Family Murders may be ok.
A former Prosecutor and Court TV reporter, Beth Karas is participating. She has an excellent well established reputation. Editing of the footage is usually what produces questionable results. I do hope for an accurate depiction of the Families, the area and the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member