Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a conundrum. (The apparent) lack of focus by police on any other sites with the exception of PR's house leads one to think they know Libby never emerged from the park; yet the searches conducted there so far don't reassure us that she couldn't still be found in there. It's a paradox - I think myself to sleep with this at night!

It is a conundrum. (The apparent) lack of focus by police on any other sites with the exception of PR's house leads one to think they know Libby never emerged from the park; yet the searches conducted there so far don't reassure us that she couldn't still be found in there. It's a paradox - I think myself to sleep with this at night!

I feel the opposite might be true? Maybe they know Libby emerged from the park, but don’t know where she went to soon after and are therefore looking for other evidence - glasses, clothing, weapon, phone - anything to link P to Libby’s last know place. JMO.

I feel the opposite might be true? Maybe they know Libby emerged from the park, but don’t know where she went to soon after and are therefore looking for other evidence - glasses, clothing, weapon, phone - anything to link P to Libby’s last know place. JMO.

With you on this Stella.

If they thought she never left the park it would have been searched with a very fine tooth comb.

I think the most obvious answer after all this time, is that Libby is in water. I hate to post it, because I just think if she were mine. But realistically.....

I'm very much in the Water camp. It's been the only constant really in my thinking for various reasons.

I think what I hadn't done ,until a couple of Weeks ago, is consider that LS being in water could be exclusive of Oak Rd Park.

We are naturally assuming that any entry point in to water must be the River/Drain around the Park.

Or that

Any hiding/disposal site in Water was/is the ultimate end location.

Last edited:
I agree to a point Z.

I think we are only able to see the Park/houses etc searches as they are in open public environments. River searches have probably been a little more discreet and covered a wider area.
Maybe this is also true of other locations or routes that are outside the easy view of the public and compact area of local focus?

ETA. I think this shows a clear logic and that LE are inclined to think LS was in the park but is no longer in the park. Hence the pattern of search

But if they prove PR went in with her that would be enough to charge surely ?

I agree to a point Z.
I think this shows a clear logic and that LE are inclined to think LS was in the park but is no longer in the park. Hence the pattern of search
Any hiding/disposal site in Water was/is the ultimate end location.

I agree. The only way L cannot have left the park, yet not still be within the park, is to have been carried out via flowing water. Remember the forensics, red flags and photography on the stone boathouse steps? I think they've found some clue there which suggests L went in the water, but police need to prove it wasn't suicide by linking PR to the scene via disposed clothing or signs of a struggle or cover-up.

Croda running man could be PR leaving the park for the second time in a change of clothes (light top, dark trousers), having ditched his wet/soiled hoody and jogging shorts after tipping L's body in the river. He couldn't explain the disappearance of the Haworth CCTV hoody and shorts from his wardrobe, so that's what they are searching for in the park, along with perhaps his glasses. His defence is that he left L crying and depressed at the bench.

I'm still open to running man number 1 being PR leaving the murder scene for the first time, still in his original clothes ie not "dressed for the weather" - but the timings are very tight to fit with the witness account. He needs to leave Haworth 12.09, drive straight to park, murder L (12.15-12.30) then exit the park (12.30). Then he has 45-minutes to fetch a change of clothes from car or house, return to the park and dispose of evidence, before jogging into view at 13.13. Hm.

But if they prove PR went in with her that would be enough to charge surely ?

No chance IMO.

He’s a Good Samaritan, he sees a distressed Libby crying on the bench, he offers to take her home. They get talking and she suggests going to the park. They sit on the park bench chatting and smoking. She makes a move on him ... he pushes her away. He’s shocked! A married man! She’s embarrassed and runs off. He drives home.

As completely implausible as this might be given what we know about his (alleged) pervy activities ... if he’s used this scenario in his defence there is possibly as much evidence that it played out this way as the awful scenario most of us have in our minds.

In that sense, the only proof police have is that Libby got in his car and that the two of them went to the park together. And that isn’t a crime.

Hullerians (did I get the term right?!) @Strontium69 @Vermont24 ... Is this area of Hull anywhere close to Raglan / Oak Rd etc? I could be completely wrong here, just noticed police confirm it’s part of an ‘ongoing investigation’ (although I’m sure there are many)

“Officers are currently on Estcourt Street, Hull carrying out a warrant in connection with an ongoing investigation.”

Live updates as armed police surround house in east Hull

*Edited to Add: Sorry, just Google mapped it and it’s ten mins from The Welly but a good 45mins on foot. So, most probably connected to a very different investigation.*

Last edited:
I agree. The only way L cannot have left the park, yet not still be within the park, is to have been carried out via flowing water. Remember the forensics, red flags and photography on the stone boathouse steps? I think they've found some clue there which suggests L went in the water, but police need to prove it wasn't suicide by linking PR to the scene via disposed clothing or signs of a struggle or cover-up.

Croda running man could be PR leaving the park for the second time in a change of clothes (light top, dark trousers), having ditched his wet/soiled hoody and jogging shorts after tipping L's body in the river. He couldn't explain the disappearance of the Haworth CCTV hoody and shorts from his wardrobe, so that's what they are searching for in the park, along with perhaps his glasses. His defence is that he left L crying and depressed at the bench.

I'm still open to running man number 1 being PR leaving the murder scene for the first time, still in his original clothes ie not "dressed for the weather" - but the timings are very tight to fit with the witness account. He needs to leave Haworth 12.09, drive straight to park, murder L (12.15-12.30) then exit the park (12.30). Then he has 45-minutes to fetch a change of clothes from car or house, return to the park and dispose of evidence, before jogging into view at 13.13. Hm.
Again Im almost with you Z.

Im just not as sure that the only way for LS to leave park is by water.

I think she may have been in water in the park at some point .......has definitely been in the park at some point....but isnt there now......

Eta
But could still be in water

Hullerians (did I get the term right?!) @Strontium69 @Vermont24 ... Is this area of Hull anywhere close to Raglan / Oak Rd etc? I could be completely wrong here, just noticed police confirm it’s part of an ‘ongoing investigation’ (although I’m sure there are many)

“Officers are currently on Estcourt Street, Hull carrying out a warrant in connection with an ongoing investigation.”

Live updates as armed police surround house in east Hull

Other side of the City. These type of stories are practically daily on the local news these days.

I can understand him going back to the park, to check things, but not sure why he would take his wet clothing back there, which could incriminate him if found.

Plenty of other places he could drive to in order to dispose of these clothes.

I'd expect a larger presence if it was related to LS. More likely drugs or weapons.

Absolutely not.

That's on East Hull, the opposite side of the city. We'll see though...

Thanks both :)

I took a look on google maps and realised it’s probably too far away.

It sounds as though the force have a busy time of it up there!

I also think they have been looking for evidence in the park rather than Libby.

But t
No chance IMO.

He’s a Good Samaritan, he sees a distressed Libby crying on the bench, he offers to take her home. They get talking and she suggests going to the park. They sit on the park bench chatting and smoking. She makes a move on him ... he pushes her away. He’s shocked! A married man! She’s embarrassed and runs off. He drives home.

As completely implausible as this might be given what we know about his (alleged) pervy activities ... if he’s used this scenario in his defence there is possibly as much evidence that it played out this way as the awful scenario most of us have in our minds.

In that sense, the only proof police have is that Libby got in his car and that the two of them went to the park together. And that isn’t a crime.
But there is the cab driver who picked her off the floor. The neighbour Tom and he's friend who approached her to see if she was okay she could not even talk to drunk and grey beard the police say gave good information to them. She never spoke to him she was to intoxicated. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23